• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Stars of ruin were already my secret weapon through ng+ for everything too mobile for azur, and it just got cheaper and stronger. Mimic tear also remains great, the nerf is not really noticeable. The real beauty of stars of ruin is that enemies that dodge projectiles will try to dodge it and still get hit, and since it's a volley of like 20 magic projectiles it will almost always take aggro at some point. Unequip all spells but stars of ruin so it is all your mimic casts and this results in bosses getting trapped between us constantly turning from one to the other and back again while interrupting their own movement to side hop to no effect. Be sure to charge it and use the talisman that enhances charged skills and spells.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Yeah had to skip and come back to that guy. It's so tempting to try at a low level because of the Grace right next to him
I gave up lmao. Accidentally found the tunnels and took my frustrations out on that Magma lizard asshole, after like 20 or so tries.

I'm supposed to be in Liurnia but I love going in the opposite direction. The EFF is up with those giant birds though? I have as much chance of killing one of those as I do the tree lmao.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, mimic got nerfed? How bad? Hope not too bad, I love it because there's something extremely silly about ganging up on a boss with an exact clone of yourself, but it's not much of a gang-up if it dies right away now or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Mimic is still really good in my opinion, it's just not godlike on certain builds anymore where it could literally solo bosses.

Having a second character blasting your same spells or stacking the same status effects will always be viable.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Do the added npc's actually do something? I already killed the last boss so are they still somewhere on the map or?

I like that with a random update they seem to be able to add stuff. That promises a lot for the future of this game

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
For me as someone who has beaten the final boss nepheli was not in the hold post patch 2x stormhawk axes replaced her so i assumed she died and i failed the quest.

Gostoc was still stomping btw and Kenneth is still asking for a ruler.

For jarburg i gotta check what my next steps are.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For me as someone who has beaten the final boss nepheli was not in the hold post patch 2x stormhawk axes replaced her so i assumed she died and i failed the quest.

Gostoc was still stomping btw and Kenneth is still asking for a ruler.

For jarburg i gotta check what my next steps are.

Yeah, if the axes are there, that means she's gone.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
son of a whore, it enhances charged spells too? I thought it was just skills >_>

Noob.

Doesn't really come up as often with Sorceries, but it makes a pretty big difference for Incantations. That, combined with the Fire Scorpion Charm is how Frenzied Burst can keep up with Loretta's Greatbow damage wise, plus it charges up a lot faster too. The Sorcery has a slightly longer range though, but not much.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Do the added npc's actually do something? I already killed the last boss so are they still somewhere on the map or?

I like that with a random update they seem to be able to add stuff. That promises a lot for the future of this game
I found
A little jar I could talk to at Jarburg. After resting at the grace a few times things moved on, and it told me about some bad poachers who hunt jars. Reset again and Diallos is there, looking after a baby jar. No idea what to do with them. I tried advancing to night, to see if poachers came. They did not.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Noob.

Doesn't really come up as often with Sorceries, but it makes a pretty big difference for Incantations. That, combined with the Fire Scorpion Charm is how Frenzied Burst can keep up with Loretta's Greatbow damage wise, plus it charges up a lot faster too. The Sorcery has a slightly longer range though, but not much.

i use Loretta's and Stars of Ruin a lot, both always charged. Carian Piercer also always charge it... does Azur Comet count as a "charge" too?or the moon one?

the water bubble you can charge it for sure right?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
i use Loretta's and Stars of Ruin a lot, both always charged. Carian Piercer also always charge it... does Azur Comet count as a "charge" too?

Not sure. You do have to charge it, but it wouldn't be easy to test for damage numbers. Only thing you could really do is to watch your FP bar and see how far it depletes before something dies with and without it. I always use the troll at the Secluded Cell for testing purposes. With other spells, if you are actually charging them up, it's worth using, but it does nothing on those spells if you're simply tossing them out rapidly.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I found
A little jar I could talk to at Jarburg. After resting at the grace a few times things moved on, and it told me about some bad poachers who hunt jars. Reset again and Diallos is there, looking after a baby jar. No idea what to do with them. I tried advancing to night, to see if poachers came. They did not.
Hmm...

They did for me? I went back to the roundtable, that didn't seem to do anything, advanced time to night and boom he had moved...

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
man i remember going to jar town and thinking it was the most peaceful place but theres a whole lot of nothing here! lol now theres stuff

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
A boss fight with 2 of the iron maiden enemies in a small room, one of each kind the swinging axes and the buzzsaw one and I can't use summons?... BYE.

I'll be back after defeating the rest of the game, since it seems I just stumbled on the end boss!

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I feel kind of ripped off that there were whole quest lines missing and I've just spent 70 hours getting to endgame.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Mimic nerf isn't bad at all. I just did a run through on ng++, moonveil and lusats staff, with mimic tear +10. All pretty face roll still

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
OK so for Jarburg

Talk to little jar. Show it your hands. Reset at grace.
Talk to little jar some more. Pick some flowers (might not be needed, but it told me to!). Reset at grace.
Talk to jar again. Find and talk to Diallos.

I couldn't get things to move on until I teleported to the Roundtable and back. Also made it night, though not sure it's needed.

Diallos and little jar had moved.
Reset at grace again. Little jar had moved.
Reset at grace again. Little jar had moved. I could give it Alexander's Innards.
Reset again and looted the place. Got Companion Jar from little jar, and Diallos' mask and whip from his body.

I told Diallos he did good, even though he fucking didn't! Jarburg is a ghost town now.

Last edited:

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Jump attacks are VERY good for Malenia got her down to 1/4 HP on my first attempt. Staggered her twice. Just that ashes of war of hers that I need to figure out.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
OK so for Jarburg

Talk to little jar some more. Pick some flowers (might not be needed, but it told me to!). Reset at grace.

I couldn't get things to move on until I teleported to the Roundtable and back. Also made it night, though not sure it's needed.

Reset at grace again. Little jar had moved. I could give it Alexander's Innards.
Reset again and looted the place. Got Companion Jar from little jar, and Diallos' mask and whip from his body.

I told Diallos he did good, even though he fucking didn't! Jarburg is a ghost town now.

a fitting end for
such a crybaby

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Got my trophy to pop, had to leave all the legendary armaments on the ground like a nincompoop then pick them all up again. Platinum yay

OK so for Jarburg

As a jarhead this quest hit home. I thought this at least could be a nice quest, but no... no... I'm wondering about telling jar-bairn not to be like a warrior and Diallos that he fucked up to see if there's changes next time lol

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The patch says the game now tracks NPC locations but how does that work? Does it retroactively activate?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
As a jarhead this quest hit home. I thought this at least could be a nice quest, but no... no... I'm wondering about telling jar-bairn not to be like a warrior and Diallos that he fucked up to see if there's changes next time lol
Who is Jar-bairn even going to protect? His whole village is dead. Alexander is dead. I never met another friendly jar.

Diallos' ending is very funny.

"Do you pity me? I may be a fool, but I can take good care of these jars."

xPLmJd0.png

Diallos dying, surrounded by dead jars.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Guppeth I guess there's no point in my mage even doing that quest yet until I finish up
Alex stuff since I wont have his innards

also I guess that explains why he dropped TWO talismans, a better one and a shittier one, you give the shittier one right?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Guppeth I guess there's no point in my mage even doing that quest yet until I finish up
Alex stuff since I wont have his innards

also I guess that explains why he dropped TWO talismans, a better one and a shittier one, you give the shittier one right?
No, you give
the key item "Alexander's Innards", a disgusting handful of slop that fell out of your "friend" after you smashed him up.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, they nerfed my crutches right before I got a chance to kill Malenia. Guess I'll never kill her now, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.