• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

limone

Feb 4, 2022
Italy
I beat in 3 tries Radhan, just to be completely stuck at that fucked shitty tree in the catacombs for 1 hour.
I guess the real Elden Ring starts here.

Tofd

Jul 8, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that you get a weapon from that ash of war salesman when he invades you. And the last chance for that to happen is farum azula, which I already cleared boss-wise

Bernahl's weapon
is missable, too. But easily and quickly attainable in NG+, fortunately.
Woops, i meant for the achievement. There's probably a lot more spells and weapons that are missable but that is the only one needed for the plat.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
What's your build? I bet he could be taken at a lower level than I did because while my level was pretty high I did it with no summon and claws only (that are like +17 I think). For me I liked that method because I have the bloodhound step on the claws and it made dodging the dude a breeze.

if you're melee play close to him, the first phase is a joke if you attack his damaged leg, I found the second phase was a lot easier if you DON'T go for his weak hands though, just pepper his back and legs with hits then get away.
Yeah I'm Dual Katana build. I'm always usually playing RIGHT next to a boss haha I'm sure I'll beat him when I go back to him today.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
some of these bosses don't feel like they had much thought or playtesting behind them

ending up throwing rocks behind the gate at fallingstar beast because the arena was WAY too small for that thing

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Anyone got Rotting Breath or whatever and wanna come cheese ball Rad for/with me?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
So, did I just find the first illusory floor?

Don't look that clip if you haven't been to Lurnia:

Lost some souls but I did laugh honestly

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I've never put ~60 hours into a game and felt like there's an entire game's worth of content still ahead of me

Birds of Paradise

Enlightened
Sep 20, 2021
This is the first FromSoft game I play and feel so strange about my current situation in the mid game.
I never grinded or farmed any mob and yet I am clearly over leveled at 80. Enemies in Nokron or Atlus Platue barely do any damage with Radahan Armor and 40 points in vigor and I nuke every boss with the Giant Crusher.

I am not winning because I play good but because my level is so high. I already use some handicaps like no mimic, frost stomp or status effects which i never expected to happen. Everytime i get runes I kind of wanna jump of a cliff to prevent further leveling lol.
At which point in the game does it become hard again, I really need to get there because this is stupid.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that you get a weapon from that ash of war salesman when he invades you. And the last chance for that to happen is farum azula, which I already cleared boss-wise

Woops, i meant for the achievement. There's probably a lot more spells and weapons that are missable but that is the only one needed for the plat.

The weapon is missable and necessary for the armament trophy. If you clear CFA before getting the weapon, you'll have to start a NG+ to get it, because that NPC won't invade that region anymore.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
This is the first FromSoft game I play and feel so strange about my current situation in the mid game.
I never grinded or farmed any mob and yet I am clearly over leveled at 80. Enemies in Nokron or Atlus Platue barely do any damage with Radahan Armor and 40 points in vigor and I nuke every boss with the Giant Crusher.

I am not winning because I play good but because my level is so high. I already use some handicaps like no mimic, frost stomp or status effects which i never expected to happen. Everytime i get runes I kind of wanna jump of a cliff to prevent further leveling lol.
At which point in the game does it become hard again, I really need to get there because this is stupid.

Yeah you should probably go to the capital

Patchy

Oct 29, 2017
Any update on performance patches to come?

Even in performance mode on PS5 the frame rate is atrocious - especially near the farum greatbridge.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'm making some progress, fun game so far.

Curious about one thing, if I may ask: in some spots, I've noticed some ghostly candles. What are those?

Janus

Oct 18, 2020

The difficulty curve definitely seems a bit lopsided. Early on and in the endgame the game is ranging from challenging to super difficult, while mid game it feels too easy.

So I'd recommend against not leveling up further. The difficulty will come back and hit hard. It'll start to ramp up after the capital.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
This game easily has some of the best and most creative enemy designs I've seen in a game yet, especially one of this scale. Some feel like reskins in terms of their movesets from older games but in a game this big, that's easily excusable.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Dying from invisible effects because my game is bugged somehow and restarts and graphic tinkering on Series X not helping.

Between this and Radahn I'm really just in a poor mood. No one else experiencing graphical issues with not seeing a lot of "effects"?

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not really sure what shard bearer to go after next after Godrick. I guess head to the lakes? I've been fucking about there and Caelid but hit some bosses and enemies along the way that will curb stomp me.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Can Renalla please just fucking die already, if I have to listen to this shit one more time I will go insane

Now that I've vented online, by internet law I should now kill the boss on my next try…

Edit: yep, internet law prevails. Only had a sliver of Hp left but finally she's down. That's enough Elden Ring for today…

Last edited:

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
I guess I'm making some progress, fun game so far.

Curious about one thing, if I may ask: in some spots, I've noticed some ghostly candles. What are those?

Those ghostly chandeliers? If you activate them, an apparition can lead you to something of interest (e.g. cave, catacomb or some item).

Not really sure what shard bearer to go after next after Godrick. I guess head to the lakes? I've been fucking about there and Caelid but hit some bosses and enemies along the way that will curb stomp me.

Yup, Lakes next is a good idea level wise.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Fallingstar beast is no joke. I summon people to help me out but they have no idea what they are doing. Caelid feels like a real "shit just got real" area

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Those ghostly chandeliers? If you activate them, an apparition can lead you to something of interest (e.g. cave, catacomb or some item).

Yup, Lakes next is a good idea level wise.

Interesting, thanks! I haven't been able to interact with them, so I guess I've already found the locations they point to then…?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
As a heads up, I think you can summon an NPC for help outside that boss.

must be quest related (in fact I know for a fact the item I got from him is quest related from my first playthrough) because I couldn't.

Man, as OP as magic feels when you have room, the complete opposite is also true in small rooms, you jsut feel completely helpless and overwhelmed with no time to cast anything and no health to survive anything. I need to start getting some more health tbh.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's no point to 2H'ing (is this what people refer to as "powerstancing"?) a stave or seal, right?

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
There's no point to 2H'ing (is this what people refer to as "powerstancing"?) a stave or seal, right?

Nope. Two-handing a weapon changes up the striking animation and increases STR by 1.5. So very useful for strength-based weapons, less so for other ones.

Powerstancing is different from two-handing a weapon. When you hold two of the same type of weapons in both hands (e.g. a straight sword in left and right hand), then that's powerstancing. When pressing L1/LB you'll strike with both weapons at the same time, enabling you to use a different strike animation with double the hits. It doesn't increase damage by 2x, but I think testing have shown an increase of damage by about 1.75x when both weapons are equally strong. Good for building up bleed or other status ailments, too.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
So even though I try to limit myself to spoiler sometimes it's easy to pick up on stuff in this thread. I have a question about an ending and a door that you guys talk about.

Which door shouldn't I go through if I don't want to get locked to an ending and will the game give me a warning by chance? I think it's related to Fia's quest, I got the dagger that I can give to D but I don't want to proceed if that's going to lock me out.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Sooo looks like I locked myself out of latenna's quest. Progressed on that tree path before talking to that person and now can't complete. Sad I missed it.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Did I fuck up the Volcano Manor quest?

Got a letter to go hunt a guy, but I beat Ryckard before doing so. Looks like they're not giving me anymore letters.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017

If a particular zone's content is too easy for you, change your weapon to something worse. Or respec and put your points from damage scaling stats into vitality, endurance, or mind.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
So even though I try to limit myself to spoiler sometimes it's easy to pick up on stuff in this thread. I have a question about an ending and a door that you guys talk about.

Which door shouldn't I go through if I don't want to get locked to an ending and will the game give me a warning by chance? I think it's related to Fia's quest, I got the dagger that I can give to D but I don't want to proceed if that's going to lock me out.

Without big spoilers: you won't be able to simply go through that door. So there shouldn't be any "accidents".

You can sit at a site of grace before this specific door and somebody will give you a very clear warning not to go through that door.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
In a game where you're only invaded if you want to. If you're two manning invaders, you're pathetic. Which is everyone.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Getting summoned for Godfrey... every host spends a minute and a half applying buffs and popping rune arcs, walks through the door and gets killed in 3 seconds
I like most of the end game bosses but definitely wouldn't mind if they were tuned down a bit

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
In a game where you're only invaded if you want to. If you're two manning invaders, you're pathetic. Which is everyone.
Only 2-manning?

Saddest part is when it's a 3-man beat down then they all have to do the stupid crouching teabag thing. Yes, you sure showed me how much of a better player than me you are.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Ok it wants me to fight two of something I cant even beat one of lmao. I'm way away thanks to a teleport so I'm pretty sure I'm fucked. Sure is hot nearby

Birds of Paradise

Enlightened
Sep 20, 2021
If a particular zone's content is too easy for you, change your weapon to something worse. Or respec and put your points from damage scaling stats into vitality, endurance, or mind.

This is so strange for me though, I am really not a good player and I have avoided every FromSoft game in the past 10 years because I was so scared of the difficulty. And now I have to actively come up with ways to handicap myself even though I did not use any broken strategy or grinded.
I almost wish there would be level scaling for the enemies but I know a lot people hate that.

Now that I think about it I think a big issue is the inflation of the runes you receive. Some Boss enemies give 70k + runes and if you kill enough of those early you kinda locked yourself out of other regions in the game due to high levels.

Last edited:

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Only 2-manning?

Saddest part is when it's a 3-man beat down then they all have to do the stupid crouching teabag thing. Yes, you sure showed me how much of a better player than me you are.
I only saw 2. But i only did a few. Im just trying to do a sidequest man. And yes, they always tbag or emote which is just sad.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Getting summoned for .. every host spends a minute and a half applying buffs and popping rune arcs, walks through the door and gets killed in 3 seconds
I like most of the end game bosses but definitely wouldn't mind if they were tuned down a bit

Spoiler the boss name please. And same thing has happened to me, people getting one shot in the various end game bosses. I think it's a lack of vigor honestly.

Mar 8, 2018
What level is appropriate for NG+? I'm level 152 and I want to finish the platinum. I just need two legendary weapons that are part of missable NPC quests, and two endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.