• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
You might have already read this advice, but it helps a lot to take it slow. Summon everyone you can, get on the horse, then wait for an opening, hit him once and retreat. Resummon characters as he kills them. Be careful, don't greedy.

I definitely wouldn't call that fight easy, it took me like five tries, but it seems like that's still a lot less than a lot of people. But it was by FAR the longest fight in the game, probably in any From game I've played. But if you lean on the summons and just chip in when he's preoccupied and run like hell when he's focused on you it's not that bad.

Been trying but the summons eventually just stop having their signs appear. I'll get him down to like 20% or less and around then the summon signs are no longer appearing ever. Eventually no one for him to fight and he just will find me no matter how far away I am, he will eventually get to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Just stumbled on Godfrey.

I was just exploring the capital and he smashed me to bits the first time I walked in, then I beat him on my second try.

Either I'm getting really good at this game, or that was a troll fight.

Also, is it odd that I'm only 30 hours in and this far into the map?
you can play at your own pace, but id say being in the capital after 30 hours seems to be fast compared to my own experience, and many in this thread. though you may be at a more appropriate level (i was definitely overlevelled).

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
not only him, but afaik (again haven't finished the game) Godwyn and the actual Queen Marika aren't fought either right? Now that'll come down to how "canon" they want the DLC to be. Also would be cool to have a fully powered Ranni boss fight :P

G-dog is (quest spoilers) the prince of death we see at the end of Fia's quest QM is (boss spoilers) the final boss, she and Radagon are the same person.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Summon the other NPCs that are also competing in the Redahn festival. Go to any of the spirit flagpole things.

Yea I'm doing this, they keep just dying off to the point that I can no longer find their summons.

The problem also is I'm a melee build and the 2nd phase meteors and such are one hits essentially so getting in close is a death sentence leaving me to focus on summons, but again around 20% or so every time, the summon signs just no longer are appearing

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I'm doing this, they keep just dying off to the point that I can no longer find their summons.

The problem also is I'm a melee build and the 2nd phase meteors and such are one hits essentially so getting in close is a death sentence leaving me to focus on summons, but again around 20% or so every time, the summon signs just no longer are appearing
the best advice i can give for the meteors is that radahn always runs away from you before he uses them, so try to take that opportunity to run behind a dune out of line of sight. that's what i did and it worked.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
So how does the rememberance duping work? I can't dupe the one I want at the mausoleums I found, do you have to be in the same region you fought the boss in?

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
So I'm gonna put this in a spoiler, but I'm also gonna use it as a content warning because Jesus Christ.

So I was talking the Dung Eater at the Roundtable Hold, and he gave me a key and told me to find him in the sewer's of the capital. So I went searching and found the sewers, and its the most disgusting area outside of the Valley of Defilement boss room. There are literal shit slugs and hills of blatant excrement. And I found the Dung Eater and freed him from his cell and now he's gonna run around killing people and "defiling" their corpses. I may have made a huge mistake.

What the fuck, man.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
How good is poison in this game? I got one of the poison Ashes of war and i applied it to my spear, but not sure how good it actually is/if i can do more with it than the 9 ticks of poison damage/sec

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
yooooooooooooooooooooo
at the fire car kill, not the dungeon in Radahn's beach I knew about that :P

I wasnt lvl 115 until like 80-90 hours into the game, so you didnt grind "just a bit" lol.
Honestly didn't realize how much I did, just a couple of hours, until I started coming into this thread. 🤣

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm gonna put this in a spoiler, but I'm also gonna use it as a content warning because Jesus Christ.

So I was talking the Dung Eater at the Roundtable Hold, and he gave me a key and told me to find him in the sewer's of the capital. So I went searching and found the sewers, and its the most disgusting area outside of the Valley of Defilement boss room. There are literal shit slugs and hills of blatant excrement. And I found the Dung Eater and freed him from his cell and now he's gonna run around killing people and "defiling" their corpses. I may have made a huge mistake.

What the fuck, man.
Yeah, he has a particular monologue about creating a lineage that is both amazing and unbelievably foul. Unfortunately it hasn't been added to the wiki yet, or I'd quote it.

Blackguard's description of the stuff he's seen him do is also very well acted.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So how does the rememberance duping work? I can't dupe the one I want at the mausoleums I found, do you have to be in the same region you fought the boss in?
I wonder about this too. I duped the first item and ever since I haven't been able to do anything.

by the way I just did a dungeon where the boss is three of those crystalline creatures- these shoot Scarlet Rot at you with a very small area to run around in.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
How good is poison in this game? I got one of the poison Ashes of war and i applied it to my spear, but not sure how good it actually is/if i can do more with it than the 9 ticks of poison damage/sec

Better than before but might not be up to par with the other three. There is an ash that eats the poison and dish out a ton of damage but the start up on that thing is abysmally slow so it might not be usable.

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of tired of the katanas right now. Been messing with greatswords. Any particular ones i should use? Going to attach the quick step ash of war and I'm Dex/Int based.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, he has a particular monologue about creating a lineage that is both amazing and unbelievably foul. Unfortunately it hasn't been added to the wiki yet, or I'd quote it.

Blackguard's description of the stuff he's seen him do is also very well acted.
I thought about killing him but parts of me wants to see this quest through and see how fucked up it gets.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So are summoning pools dictated by area in terms of bringing in those looking to be summoned? I've seen by far the most in Leyndell and that's just for the dungeon areas, its a desert for summon signs at every other boss save for Margit. I assume its also based on lvl of those being summoned? As in late game has less because not as many have gotten there yet in their own game, but I've seen posts in here saying they've been summoned to random dungeons and fights throughout the world.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Unlocked location Miquella's Haligtree

Getting into here was cool as shit. I loved that town puzzle, the first time I did it I didn't think it would be difficult and was getting invisikilled while trying to run it for spots I didn't know where. After that I plotted out a course to run to from each spot (laughing when I found messages at certain points indicating others doing this), then equipped the torch that lets you see invisible enemies and whooped that dude. He was a chump compared to the one in the evergaol! I was scared another one might appear but got caught off guard when the archers appeared.

I honestly thought the reward was going to be some dumb spell like all the other puzzle towers, glad to see it was something actually worthwhile to me.

Okay 710k runes now gonna go buy stuff this is ridiculous lol

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
He doesn't use the meteors if you stay within melee range. If you prefer to only do ranged, the large dune can guard you from the meteors. If his other attacks are one shotting, may want to come back at a higher level. Also make sure to summon the healer on the second phase

BenjiBurltz

Mar 15, 2018
M***** might be about to break me. I can reliably get through the first phase so I think it
might be doable but my mimic dies in the second and then I can't deal. Even resorted to trying coop but that's actually much harder and can't even get through the first phase. Any tips before I just give up?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
M***** might be about to break me. I can reliably get through the first phase so I think it
might be doable but my mimic dies in the second and then I can't deal. Even resorted to trying coop but that's actually much harder and can't even get through the first phase. Any tips before I just give up?
You can easily cheese that encounter if you have a weapon that causes bleed. I ended up using a great shield and a Rogier's Rapier leveled up, putting on Sepukku for the blood and because it is easy to get hits in with. Took her down after a few tries. It is a battle of attrition, though.

What platform you on?

Last edited:

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
I thought after all this time I'd probably do a little better on a rematch vs Margit, but Mohg made immediately clear that I wouldn't.

And holy, I've no idea how I found my way to him... That area is insane.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
That's that. Got the Platinum.

Respecced HARD into intellect. Mimic and I lasered Malenia to death with the Sword of Night and Flame. The R1 attack is best, but the R2 is useful when she's on higher/lower ground.

I'd already blown up the capital, so the only way to reach her Divine Tower was via the trap chest in Weeping Peninsula. Seemed a bit weird. The golem on the Divine Bridge had respawned too.

I save scummed to get all three endings. As you get loot for completing Hyetta's quest, I made my final save by accepting the Frenzied Flame, then cleansing it with Miquella's Needle, then choosing the Ranni ending. Gonna farm some smithing stones and get ready for a future NG+ run, but I'm done for now.

Despite some of the wonky balance issues, this is the best game I've played in many, many years. An incredible piece of art.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like to get any decent use out of incantations, you have to have a buttload of FP and spam them. I thought I'd be good just having some buffs and one or two incantations I can use as nukes. But it's all been so underwhelming. You can't nuke anything. I finally got the 50 Faith to use Elden Star and it's a whole lot of nothing.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Got to M at the end of my session. (Loved the area leading up to the fight, nice atmosphere).

As is tradition I did the fight once for fun before bed… And I think it's manageable. My rapier kinda shredded them, which I wasn't expecting.

Hoping I can beat it with an hour or so of practice tomorrow 🙏 Just need to figure out that one "fuck you, time to die" combo and I'm set.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like every cave I find is blocked by a fog gate requiring 2 stonesword keys. I've quickly depleted my supply.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
It only took me 1 hour to platinum after I saw the endings. Guess I did most of the optional bosses

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I was literally about to kill this Misbegotten elite I've been farming all day since my last post ONE MORE fucking time, then come to Era and throw a tantrum about this damn greataxe's drop rate, and then this magically happened:

WfsGOXx.png

Yes this means all I've done in Elden Ring since my post around 3pm EST is rest at the Grace, run across the bridge, kill this elite and its friend, rinse and repeat until just now when it finally dropped the Longshaft Axe. I get petty and stubborn like that when life gives me the finger and dares me to stare into the abyss. Not counting a break it was about 6 hours of constant killing loops.

The wiki says the drop rate on this is "rare", yeah no fucking shit, I'd find a better word. This is the part where someone tells me it casually dropped for them on a first kill lmao.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I was literally about to kill this Misbegotten elite I've been farming all day since my last post ONE MORE fucking time, then come to Era and throw a tantrum about this damn greataxe's drop rate, and then this magically happened:

WfsGOXx.png

Yes this means all I've done in Elden Ring since my post around 3pm EST is rest at the Grace, run across the bridge, kill this elite and its friend, rinse and repeat until just now when it finally dropped the Longshaft Axe. I get petty and stubborn like that when life gives me the finger and dares me to stare into the abyss. Not counting a break it was about 6 hours of constant killing loops.

The wiki says the drop rate on this is "rare", yeah no fucking shit, I'd find a better word. This is the part where someone tells me it casually dropped for them on a first kill lmao.

I can relate to the stubbornness in this game, I mean I just grinded another playthrough in a little over a day to get the Ranni ending after missing the damn summon stone during my first run. That'll teach me to not back up my save :P

Status
Not open for further replies.