• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going full Faith/Dex with moderate STR build and am in love with the flail...specifically the one dropped by one of the bosses on horse back and am wrecking everything with it. The heavy charge attack on horseback is OP as fuck and when paired with the bloodFlame incantaction along with the wild swing ashes of war it completely devastates enemies and bosses alike with constant bleed and stunlocks.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Idk how I ever managed to beat Agheel in a single try. Every single other dragon I encounter kills me in one shot. Did I just never get hit? Are they supposed to kill me in one shot or is my health too low?

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't beat Margit at level 32. Granted, I am fighting him with no summons and with no magic/ranged anything (by choice,) but I can't help but feel a little Bad At Game.

That said, it's a really fun fight that I don't mind repeating :)

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I made it out with my runes, so happy ending, but unless I'm missing something obvious the chariot dungeon in the volcano region is the cruelest level design I've ever seen in Souls, jesus fucking christ.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if it's possible to make the jump onto the platform down there in Stormveil Castle? I've been trying for a while but it doesn't seem possible.

2ljjo6.png

333kd4.png
I gave up after 15 minutes, but it should theoretically be possible.
It's the exit from the sewers, that you can access from another way

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So after getting the
mimic
summon and leveling and trying it, I do wonder if that couls be a solution for the easy mode some people want. The summon feels pretty much like an NPC companion.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone? 🥲

Desperate for advice with my build: I thought it'd be a good idea to dual wield a claymore and a greatsword after watching a video showing how powerful a jump attack with L1 is. This prompted me to focus on following stats
  • Level 27 (started as Vagabond)
  • Vigor and Endurance = 20 (primary)
  • Strength = 17 (secondary)
  • Mind = 10
  • Dex = 14
  • Int = 9
  • Faith = 9
  • Arcane = 7
After watching a bunch of videos the last couple of days, I realized that the sickest builds are usually magic based followed by dex. So my question is, is it too late to pivot my stats without respec? Is there an adjacent magic-focused build y'all recommend?

Please and thank you! 🙏

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Just took down Radahn as my new greatsword character.

That was intense and bloodhound step came in clutch multiple times.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Got this new summon of a headless warrior that looks badass but it takes 104 FP to cast :(.

Guess I'm stuck with the wolves a while longer.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if it's possible to make the jump onto the platform down there in Stormveil Castle? I've been trying for a while but it doesn't seem possible.

2ljjo6.png

333kd4.png

as said, it's an exit from the sewers, but the jump is possible. in fact it's pretty easy, since you can land on the tree thing. here's a video of someone doing it:

syncover

Nov 14, 2017
USA
For 10 years I've bounced off the Souls games, but this shit right here! A masterpiece. I went in blind and wow - Not since Morrowind way back in like 2002 has a videogame made me excited to explore and experiment with its systems. Every developer (looking at you Ubisoft) should be taking copious notes.

How long have they been developing this? It's almost unbelievable how much detail and care is packed into every square inch!

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
only issue i'm seeing is you really need one of dex or str at least if you aren't going magic. I'm level 50 now and have 25 vigor and 15 end and it's been enough for most things.
actually I'm struggling to understand why I would level END at all, because my endurance bar seems huge and I have no trouble attacking or rolling for a long ass time before it's gone. anyone actually have an idea here? is it just to get your weight down? I feel like i'm normally medium load too lol. STR is my main

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
at 35 str / 35 dex, my hand claws still have better attack rating going Keen (dex) rather than quality. With quality, the base damage is so low. kinda lame

Anyone have any suggestions for a good weapon on the quality path? thinking maybe flamberge

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is respect unlimited? I can buy the items, it seems to be... would like to try some stuff out.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
only issue i'm seeing is you really need one of dex or str at least if you aren't going magic. I'm level 50 now and have 25 vigor and 15 end and it's been enough for most things.
actually I'm struggling to understand why I would level END at all, because my endurance bar seems huge and I have no trouble attacking or rolling for a long ass time before it's gone. anyone actually have an idea here? is it just to get your weight down? I feel like i'm normally medium load too lol. STR is my main
I've started investing in END so I can wear the nice gear I've been finding lately. But I didn't put a single point into END for dozens of hours. The base stamina is fine.

Is respect unlimited? I can buy the items, it seems to be... would like to try some stuff out.
I think so, but does the vendor have unlimited stock? I have a lot of respec mats but I've never bought one, and assumed there was a limit.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I've started investing in END so I can wear the nice gear I've been finding lately. But I didn't point a single point into END for dozens of hours. The base stamina is fine.

I think so, but does the vendor have unlimited stock? I have a lot of respec mats but I've never bought one, and assumed there was a limit.
Ah no, I thought it did, it only has one.

I'll make a backup save and try something. I have 5 so far, so it's probably fine...

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Today I faced an optional Dragon that let me lock on to its legs unlike Lichdragon which I faced earlier today and it was a way more pleasant experience, seriously that fight is only made hard by the lack of lock on, and even then it's not hard, just annoying.

This dragon tho was smooth sailing

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
How do I use the Ashes of War ability(ies) in battle? Just started yesterday.
If you have a shield equipped, you'll parry instead of using the weapon ability, so either:

Two-hand your weapon (hold triangle/Y and tap R1)
Unequip your shield (left on dpad)
Find the "no skill" ash of war and put it on your shield. Then you can use your weapon ash with your shield out.

Jisgsaw

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's mainly for the equip load. Better stuff tends to weight more, so you have to start investing a little in END.

Can someone point me out to a good hybrid build? Preferable STR or DEX + FTH; I've done a quick search and lots of people build around the Winged Scythe as main weapon
I'm saving STR+FTH as a possible second run. Dex+Int is pretty decent once you get the Moonblade Katana. (and by pretty decent I mean pretty OP for now, though I guess it won't last)

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That was my midgame farming spot
Early game is the 2 giants at the start of the game
Late game is the start of that underground area with the rolling dudes. A good aoe nets 30k runes
You get there from a portal in the very west of the mountian of giants.
Thanks! I'm gonna churn through some Arcane levels so I can use rotten breath or whatever on Radahn. I need to cheese my way through this game at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been hearing so many scary things about the endgame I'm just playing this nice and slowly trying to maximize everything I can without grinding

The last 4 bosses of this game don't seem to be effected much by your stats. They just are built like more classical From bosses, but like twice as hard. I really don't know what they were thinking with the final boss, though. It's just a horrible way to finish your game.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Fullgrown Falling Star Beast?
More like
Fullgrown Fallingstar BITCH M I RITE? #high5

gottem

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
So how is the state of the game in PS5 at the moment? I think I'm close to finishing Horizon and start this.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
The last 4 bosses of this game don't seem to be effected much by your stats. They just are built like more classical From bosses, but like twice as hard. I really don't know what they were thinking with the final boss, though. It's just a horrible way to finish your game.
That seems like a good thing to me but at the same time I know how ridiculous damage and HP are in this game so it's not a good thing.

Sending all my good vibes, hope you can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.