• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished my first playthrough or Journey as the game calls it. Man what a ride. Also the Elden Beast can suck my nuts. That fight is one of the hardest things I've had to do probably because I chose to go mage for the first time in my Souls life with this first playthrough.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Any STR colossal sword users tried to respec or dump points into INT to try the Royal Greatsword?

I've read mixed things about the weapon skill...

Also, what would a good STR/INT stat split look like, and else what could you do with this 22 INT points build wise?

Ty! :)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
what the fuck am I supposed to do about
the fat dark mage's roll attack? it goes on FOREVER and no matter how far I try to ride away he catches up to me and kills me with it

is there any way to counter this or is it just "better kill him before he does the move or fuck you"

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
the fat dark mage's roll attack? it goes on FOREVER and no matter how far I try to ride away he catches up to me and kills me with it

is there any way to counter this or is it just "better kill him before he does the move or fuck you"

I chose to ignored it completely just ride on past it.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Wasnt my experience at all, but I did the whole of Ranni quest line before going to the atlus, so my gear was deffo way too strong until the last stretch of the game

I don't mean first playthrough. I mean various challenge runs where you apply certain less restrictive limits to what you can do outside of level 1 will make the game's difficulty shine through. I don't have any restriction on my first other than no summons (npc or player). There are too many interesting things to try to apply some kind of limit for a first playthrough.

Niago

Oct 27, 2017

You have to dismount and just keep rolling through it (rolling towards him helps) or try and hide in one of the alcoves and hopefully he will just get stuck rolling into the wall. That guy was driving me crazy a few hours a go so good luck

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Royal great sword, another cool ass weapon that scales with INT..... that post that said there was a ton of faith weapons in the other thread, I'd like to see what game you were playing because you were bugging.

DNgamers

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Anyone else not able to start the game on steam? I got an update and since then I can't open it. Steam wants me to restart and there's a cloud error message next to the play button. :/

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You have to dismount and just keep rolling through it (rolling towards him helps) or try and hide in one of the alcoves and hopefully he will just get stuck rolling into the wall. That guy was driving me crazy a few hours a go so good luck

It's just yet another stupidly broken fight, which seems to be most of the encounters in the second half of the game. All of the clever design has been replaced by "better be perfect or fuck you for trying!".

I really don't know why they put fights like this in areas where you can't use summons. They KEEP doing it.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Lady Regalla down

I caved and looked up how to make the first two levels of smithing stones purchasable and literally made immediate and significant progress afterwards

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15

The one at the tower you can just run past and get to the tower on the other side. He does drop his gross armor set if you kill him though. For his roll you can try hiding in the little stairway balcony things and hope to god he doesn't follow you up and gets stuck on the banister instead.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The one at the tower you can just run past and get to the tower on the other side. He does drop his gross armor set if you kill him though. For his roll you can try hiding in the little stairway balcony things and hope to god he doesn't follow you up and gets stuck on the banister instead.

It's just so cursed. I honestly think there's just too much Dark Souls 2 DNA in this game and it's ruining the experience. So many examples of encounters that weren't throughly playtested.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I fought the first boss 30 times last night. I'm guessing I'm not supposed to do this dude yet? Lol

Also I've completely missed out on summoning somehow.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
I fought the first boss 30 times last night. I'm guessing I'm not supposed to do this dude yet? Lol

If you haven't explored the rest of Lingrave yet, id recommend doing that before the first boss. I'm not sure why the game shuffles players to it so early. I feel like 99% of players won't be ready for the first boss when they first encounter it, since the encounter comes so early.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
It's just so cursed. I honestly think there's just too much Dark Souls 2 DNA in this game and it's ruining the experience. So many examples of encounters that weren't throughly playtested.

Then you'll really hate having to...don't click if you don't want late game spoilers like end end end game spoilers.
One of the last like 8 bosses in the game is fighting the same guy you're fighting on the bridge and a different one you can also fight in another different dungeon that is just as cursed, but you have to fight them at the same time and you have to kill them each twice because they rez each other and it's the worst god damned boss fight in the game. It's the Godskin Duo boss fight and it's the hardest goddamned thing in the world.

I do also agree with your statement. Like with the Rahdan fight and a later boss being made around mounted combat, but like you can't coop while using a mount so uhhh great. I mean I love the game so much I'm on my 3rd playthrough, but some of these fights just feel thrown together without thought.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

I'm 60 hours in and that still the hardest boss I fought. I think it was discussed a while back that the game could have told the player a little bit better that they could/should just go another way if they feel the boss is too hard.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
The random details in this game... I came about a village with murky water, jumped down my horse and was about to enter, thinking nothing of it. There was a squirrel minding his own business that ran past me. Suddenly it started loosing health and died. The water was poisonous. Thank you for your sacrifice brave squirrel

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
These insta-kill chariot dungeons are hands down the worst parts of this game. Super frustrating and tedious.

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Honestly Dark Souls 2 is one of the best Souls so if endgame is more DS2 I'm all for it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have an issue with disappearing dragons? I've seen this happen twice now.... Once with the dragon outside Ranni's tower, and once with that Ancient motherfucker with the red lightning in Atlus Plateau or something. I'll be fighting them and then mid-battle, they'll jump in the air and just fade away, never to respawn or anything. Their position didn't reset, and I definitely didn't finish them off.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Just did an entire side area only to discover it looks like I needed to be doing a certain NPC's sidequest in order to get anything at the end of it?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I still can't seem to be summoned by others...

Am I doing this right? Trying to be summoned for Godrick

- I touch the martyr statue.
- I out my yellow summon sign down in front of the most wall door
- I wait

I'm level 70, am I too high for it or something?

If it's a boss and you don't want to say the name. Say where it is.

blah blah

Or something like that!
What are you playing on? I can come back and help if you are on PC. I'm level 62.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Then you'll really hate having to...don't click if you don't want late game spoilers like end end end game spoilers.
One of the last like 8 bosses in the game is fighting the same guy you're fighting on the bridge and a different one you can also fight in another different dungeon that is just as cursed, but you have to fight them at the same time and you have to kill them each twice because they rez each other and it's the worst god damned boss fight in the game. It's the Godskin Duo boss fight and it's the hardest goddamned thing in the world.

Yeah, I've heard of that shit. Like I said, there's just so much of this game that ISN'T thought through well, which is so frustrating in contrast to the early parts of the game that feel extremely thoughtful. So much is just like "HERE'S TWO OF A BOSS THAT ALREADY SUCKS LOL" or "this thing can kill you in one hit with all of its attacks, and it has 50 of them!"

Honestly Dark Souls 2 is one of the best Souls so if endgame is more DS2 I'm all for it.

I loathe Dark Souls 2 with a passion I don't even have words for. If I'm comparing a game to Dark Souls 2, it's not a good thing. All the janky hitboxes, tracking grab attacks, unavoidable instant kills, all of that shit is design cancer because DS2 clearly didn't get enough time in the oven before releasing.

I think ER, by comparison, was just too BIG for the developers to playtest it effectively, leading to lots of aspects of the game's late-game design feeling undercooked and needing of at least several balance patches to tone down.

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
Anyone have an issue with disappearing dragons? I've seen this happen twice now.... Once with the dragon outside Ranni's tower, and once with that Ancient motherfucker with the red lightning in Atlus Plateau or something. I'll be fighting them and then mid-battle, they'll jump in the air and just fade away, never to respawn or anything. Their position didn't reset, and I definitely didn't finish them off.

That's normal and intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.