• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Any hints for Radahn with a melee character? Been on him for three hours, can consistently get him to second phase with no hits taken, and then die. The whole fight is annoying tbh.
tbh just come back later unless you're trying to progress a particular questline. He's overtuned right now imo.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I met an owl, you guys.

fa99409f-1e64-4488-bb7a-96cdda71585e.png

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
tbh just come back later unless you're trying to progress a particular questline. He's overtuned right now imo.

I just kinda ended up there but I think I'm at that point where I'll just continue the main story in the north instead. Need to explore that area anyway. At least ya'll making me feel better about my struggle lol not a big Souls guy but hadn't been frustrated until this guy.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Any hints for Radahn with a melee character? Been on him for three hours, can consistently get him to second phase with no hits taken, and then die. The whole fight is annoying tbh.

Get behind him when he does the draw-in slam and you will have a huge window to do damage. Ideally you are also comfortable with staying close to him because that's the safest distance to most of his phase 2 attacks as well. He should provide 3 big windows for doing a lot of damage from start of phase 2 so if you can try to maximize damage during those windows then you don't have to deal with the harder to dodge stuff.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
No clue lol, didn't even know this was a thing tbh

previous games had some special armors right? I didnt find a button that showed it for this one so I assumed it wasnt a thing in this game but this quote says otherwise

all these hours didnt realize i had some helmets that gave main stats ,found what i hope isnt the best int scaling helmet based of total hp/stam because it looks so dumb lol

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
previous games had some special armors right? I didnt find a button that showed it for this one so I assumed it wasnt a thing in this game but this quote says otherwise

There's an option to change the right info panel to show your stats, you can sift through your gear pieces to see which ones affect your stats. There are also hidden stats that can only be found out through the description (such as jump attack boosts).

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Okay that Death Rite Bird boss has me being entirely fine with going the Mimic/Bloody Slash route.

Those flying/semi flying enemies are generally a huge pita already, but with someone like that with insane mobility, damage, and animation speed and that can't be bled or frostbitten either... no thank you. It's not that the attacks don't have tells but I'd be looking at several dozen runs without summons so... nah. Can't be bothered. Not for this janky-ass side boss.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
There's an option to change the right info panel to show your stats, you can sift through your gear pieces to see which ones affect your stats. There are also hidden stats that can only be found out through the description (such as jump attack boosts).

an option as in, in the options menu?

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
There was stuff here and there like Helm of Avarice which boosted your soul and item gathering and grass crest shield which boosted stamina recovery but like Alan said that stuff was in the item description IIRC.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I've been running around just exploring the world for like 15 hours, at level 35 or so with a +4 longsword. I don't wanna feel op so I figure it's time to tackle the first legacy dungeon. Get to the fog door of what's essentially the first suggested mandatory boss, thinking it'll be no sweat.

He wiped the floor with me. Like 20 times. It was amazing.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Man I'm getting frustrated with the constant disconnects while trying to help people with bosses to build up a supply of Rune Arcs.

Playing on PC and these last couple days have been real bad in terms of the likelihood that I can actually stay connected while summoned in to help someone. Most times as soon as I join I get "A connection error occured. Returning to your world".

It wasn't so bad and was actually pretty reliable before the last couple of days. Anyone know of a fix or what could be causing the problem?

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
So what do these Rune Arc items do?
They activate the bonus effect of whatever Great Rune you have equipped. If you have no Great Rune equipped, then it just provides a slight HP buff.

Certain bosses in Elden Ring will drop Great Runes when you kill them. You can equip them at bonfires, but they aren't actually usable until you restore the rune at a Divine Tower. Each region has its own Divine Tower, and typically you can't enter them until after killing the boss that dropped its respective Great Rune.

Active Great Runes offer a variety of powerful bonus effects.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So what do these Rune Arc items do?

they activate you equipped Great Rune, and last until you die.

In the equipment menu, I think the button is R3 on PS but it should say at the bottom of the screen.

thank you

raptor-alan.gif

I believe in the older games the final weapon leveling items were limited so you could only do like 1 maybe 2 weapons to max level per playthrough. Is that the same case here? How many weapons is it possible to max level in this game?

asked this a couple of days ago, fellow Era Ringers had gotten 1 and 2 respectively, both had either finished or were at the endgame. So yeah, they be rare.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
I believe in the older games the final weapon leveling items were limited so you could only do like 1 maybe 2 weapons to max level per playthrough. Is that the same case here? How many weapons is it possible to max level in this game?

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Anyone know if you can skip character quests by accident? Because I'm running around going place to place and I reached the end area because in my travels I ended up there. So I go back to the round table area and the guy who was, "Can you find my friend, she ran off when I wasn't looking" is gone and I can't seem to find him anymore.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
I think it's still very limited, I've only found like 1 of each so far, I think someone said they had found like 2.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if you can skip character quests by accident? Because I'm running around going place to place and I reached the end area because in my travels I ended up there. So I go back to the round table area and the guy who was, "Can you find my friend, she ran off when I wasn't looking" is gone and I can't seem to find him anymore.

Diallos has a name you know :3

he's in the
liurnia lake area

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
S. Shunning ground... glad an NPC gave me a hint of its existance. There's really good ambient music here, that's surprisingly calming considering the theme of the area lol

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a weird complaint considering the game but I'm really tired of every curious looking place only ends up as a place for More Things To Kill. Best open world game this ain't but best open world Souls it sure is.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Its waaaaaaaaay more forgiving than previous games, you can still find that NPC and do their quest, he's in Liurnia, or at least he should be, if not then he probably progressed to Volcano Manor. But this game allows you to miss quest steps, even multiple and still continue the questline. There are very few hard lock outs.

Sellda

Oct 25, 2017
I've been running around just exploring the world for like 15 hours, at level 35 or so with a +4 longsword. I don't wanna feel op so I figure it's time to tackle the first legacy dungeon. Get to the fog door of what's essentially the first suggested mandatory boss, thinking it'll be no sweat.

He wiped the floor with me. Like 20 times. It was amazing.
I'm doing the same, only 5 hours so far

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
This is such a weird complaint considering the game but I'm really tired of every curious looking place only ends up as a place for More Things To Kill. Best open world game this ain't but best open world Souls it sure is.
I don't know what you expected lol, but there is a good number of interesting puzzles and questlines about the place.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Of course there is a coffin to take you to places (the way it took off was nuts lol), and of course it took you to a fully realized version of tree hollow. It never stops.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
The Souls games are dungeon crawlers at their core. I feel they perfected the meld of dungeon crawler, and open world. I get why people more into traditional open world RPGs would be put off though.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Of course there is a coffin to take you to places (the way it took off was nuts lol), and of course it took you to a fully realized version of tree hollow. It never stops.
In a lot of ways, including a line said by someone in that area you're heading too right now, Elden Ring sort of feels like From taking everything they learned on Dark Souls and redoing it from scratch. I know that they said that they made Elden Ring because they wanted to do stuff that they couldn't do in Dark Souls but there are some things that are pretty on the nose, that being one of them, and I think once you finish that area you'll see, or rather hear more of what I mean.

All right I am done for the night, this goddamn snake is giving me fits...
If you mean Rykard just use the thing in the room, that's what its there for.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Reading about peoples dedicated builds and here I am 25 hours in still jumping all over the place with stat points because everything seems so awesome lol

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what you expected lol, but there is a good number of interesting puzzles and questlines about the place.

I know right, it's a stupid wish lol. It's just feels like a waste to me that all this beautiful (and scary) world and all you do is basically kill everything that moves (and everything that moves will kill you). The game never pretended to be anything else but that though, and I never realized how much I want cozy downtime maybe in a small settlement of weird people until I got to explore Liurnia's locales.

The Souls games are dungeon crawlers at their core. I feel they perfected the meld of dungeon crawler, and open world. I get why people more into traditional open world RPGs would be put off though.

It really is, for what it's worth it did what it intended to do very well.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
They activate the bonus effect of whatever Great Rune you have equipped. If you have no Great Rune equipped, then it just provides a slight HP buff.

Certain bosses in Elden Ring will drop Great Runes when you kill them. You can equip them at bonfires, but they aren't actually usable until you restore the rune at a Divine Tower. Each region has its own Divine Tower, and typically you can't enter them until after killing the boss that dropped its respective Great Rune.

Active Great Runes offer a variety of powerful bonus effects.

Hm. Do you have to do something to unlock this?

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
The one in the first region, no. Once you beat the boss of Stormveil Castle, you can take the exit that goes NE from the southern part of the castle. There's a teleporter that will take you straight across the broken bridge, and the door will open if you have the Great Rune from beating the boss.

Later Divine Towers can be a little more involved to reach.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
I know right, it's a stupid wish lol. It's just feels like a waste to me that all this beautiful (and scary) world and all you do is basically kill everything that moves (and everything that moves will kill you). The game never pretended to be anything else but that though, and I never realized how much I want cozy downtime maybe in a small settlement of weird people until I got to explore Liurnia's locales.

It really is, for what it's worth it did what it intended to do very well.
I think ER is a lot better than previous titles in this regard given that it has a lot of non hostile wildlife running around and the open world allows a lot more space between groups of enemies, plus Torrent allowing you to do a lot of running around and exploration, weaving in and out of battle as quickly as you want and there are more NPCs and quests in this game than there were in previous games. But even those can be quite dour.

Aside from getting the rune and activating it at its corresponding tower, no.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Every time I try to start Elden Ring on Steam it's asking me to restart Steam. Rebooted my PC and it's still doing it. Not a good first impression :/

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Are there any hard lock outs of hidden areas? I really don't want to miss any of the hidden areas but also don't want to look up anything. So I'm thinking of checking online to see which areas I might have missed only when I reach the final Boss (i also hope it's going to be obvious when I finally reach it heh)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any hard lock outs of hidden areas? I really don't want to miss any of the hidden areas but also don't want to look up anything. So I'm thinking of checking online to see which areas I might have missed only when I reach the final Boss (i also hope it's going to be obvious when I finally reach it heh)

there's hard lockouts of quests and bosses, as I found out earlier (lol) but not areas as far as I can tell. Omnipotent would know better.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I am thankful each time I come across a puzzle, and I do wish there were more.

Status
Not open for further replies.