• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
ok i know this is a dumb question but how the hell do you know what a legacy dungeon is, or what a chalice dungeon is, etc. I see people throwing these terms around and I dont know how to tell which is what

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
ok i know this is a dumb question but how the hell do you know what a legacy dungeon is, or what a chalice dungeon is, etc. I see people throwing these terms around and I dont know how to tell which is what

Legacy Dungeons are the MAIN dungeons, the big, full-fledged places like Stormveil that usually hold major storyline bosses.

When people talk about chalice dungeons they're typically talking about the Catacombs dungeons, which are built on the same "tiled" structure as the randomized Chalice Dungeons in Bloodborne.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
What's the weapon? I'm guessing my all in Dex build isn't gonna fair as well is it lol
The weapon is called,
Sacred Relic Sword and you get it from the final boss' Remembrance.
It's requirements aren't even very high, 14 Str, 24 dex, 22 faith.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't get over how immense this world is, I've just spent like 8hrs lost in a secret (maybe?) area that is as big as some of the Souls areas. And O. M. G!!!!!

This Astel boss is incredible!!!! And its designs is so pretty, eerie and terrifyng at the same time.

Also it just made me think the world is bigger than it seems, like Bloodborne did midway. It just doesn't look like its from this world, don't tell me that this game is also cosmic horror, don'tgivemehope.gif
I was amazed by this, coolest boss in the game so far

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

Legacy dungeons would be the bigger, unique places like
Stormveil or the Academy, or even smaller ones like Redman Castle or Caria Manor.

when people say "chalice dungeon" they mean the catacombs and mines which all share a similar visual style with different layouts, similar to how the random chalice dungeons in Bloodborne were (the catacombs look very similar too, visually)

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Just cleared the game with all achievements at about 47 hours (I reloaded for the other two endings). Would have been sub-45 if Malenia didn't kick my ass for nearly three hours. Did the whole game as a pure melee build using the Large Club.

Easy 10/10, one of the best games I've ever played and the best game From's ever put out. It's absolutely insane how much unique content there is in such an action heavy open-world game.

At 47hrs finished? you have probably missed half of the optional stuff.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
ok awesome thank you guys I kind of figured that was the case, I just didn't recall the game itself calling them that anywhere itself

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
btw, I guess in hindsight it was pretty impossible, and the game is NOT short of content (and then some), but remember when we thought all the legacy dungeons would be the same scale as Stormveil? lol :D

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I am drinking tonight therefore no boss fight for me. I went back to Stormveil Castle to explore more and realized I missed a lot. There is even another
Crucible Knight
there. They really went all out with this area. I'm not expeting the rest of the game to have such a big dungeon.

So what better to tackle next? Caelid or the mage academy?

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
If I don't want any of the remembrance items, should I just pop them for runes? Is there anything else they do or will eventually do?

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
I like the changes to reapers, they were really bad in DS3 but they're so much better here. They're fast with decent damage, range and bleed build-up, and they actually made a proper critical hit animation rather than stabbing with the blunt end of the pole.

I was getting frustrated with piercing weapons whiffing so I tried out a faith-scaling one on a whim and it's much easier to use.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So can I no longer get the Nagakiba?

I was doing the Yura questline and I got to the Second Church of Marika step. However when I got there... nothing happened. He wasn't there and the fight never happened. Now I finally got the snowy area and he's there... but it's someone who took his body? I went back to the Church and the Assassin fight happened and I got their rewards but... still not the Nagakiba. What gives?

Oct 25, 2017
I about to hit 40 hours and I'm just now wrapping up my second zone. Platinuming this in 47 hours is extremely impressive to me.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021

I was doing the Yura questline and I got to the Second Church of Marika step. However when I got there... nothing happened. He wasn't there and the fight never happened. Now I finally got the snowy area and he's there... but it's someone who took his body? I went back to the Church and the Assassin fight happened and I got their rewards but... still not the Nagakiba. What gives?
Go back to the spot you originally meet him and its on the floor

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

I assume so, but just to be sure....did you
Do both the Agheel dragon fight in limgrave and talk to him after, get invaded and have him 'rescue' you also in said lake, and then go to his summon sign right outside the Raya Lucaria north bridge area in liurnia?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I assume so, but just to be sure....did you
Do both the Agheel dragon fight in limgrave and talk to him after, get invaded and have him 'rescue' you also in said lake, and then go to his summon sign right outside the Raya Lucaria north bridge area in liurnia?

Yea.

Edit: I found it. It was at his Raya Lucaria part.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I am drinking tonight therefore no boss fight for me. I went back to Stormveil Castle to explore more and realized I missed a lot. There is even another
Crucible Knight
there. They really went all out with this area. I'm not expeting the rest of the game to have such a big dungeon.

So what better to tackle next? Caelid or the mage academy?
Go to the academy. Caelid is as hard as it looks.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's bleed over from the eastern side of Caelid (which is definitely a later-game zone) affecting some mobs on the western front in terms of enemy health/damage, but Caelid does seem out of 'sync' with the rest of the game's progression from Limgrave/Weeping Peninsula --> Sofria/Liurnia --> Altus Plateaus and beyond as a general 'progression' sense.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
At 47hrs finished? you have probably missed half of the optional stuff.
I looked up a list of bosses and locations on a wiki. I beat every almost unique boss in the game. The only boss I appear to have missed that isn't a copy-pasted fight is potentially one of the field dragons, although all the field dragon fights are pretty similar.

Everything from Fire Giant through to the end, including fighting the optional boss in the next to last zone, took me under 2 hours if you want a sense of what sort of pace I went through the game at.

I 1shot most bosses and 2shot most of the ones I didn't 1shot. The only bosses that took me more than 2 tries were Godrick, Magma Wyrm (the one in the small tunnel boss room), Radahn, Astel, Mhog 2, and Malenia. Of those, only Malenia took more than 6 or so attempts. I have cleared Dark Souls 1 dozens of times and every other Souls game at least ten times so I'm pretty well practiced at this kind of game (this did not stop me from dying in many embarrassing ways). It helped that Mimic Tear is so broken with a heavy melee build, it's like having one of the heavy armored Dark Souls 2 summons with no added HP penalty for using them.

I did use a guide to figure out how to get to Malenia and how to unlock the Frenzied Flame ending, as well as how to find a few of the "legendary" items that I was missing for achievements (missed around 2 or so for each category).

Looking over a list of optional dungeons, there's around four or five I think I missed. I know I missed a few NPC sidequests but it was stuff I didn't want to bother with like finding all the seedbeds for Dung Eater, finding all the eyes for the blind maiden, etc.

On a side note, speaking of time and 1shotting bosses: Malenia probably would have taken me longer, but instead of getting good enough to figure out her OHKO attack combo or upgrading my weapon past +22 I just used the HP boosting great rune and the +HP ring along with (what I assume is) the best physical reduction armor in the game and the high physical reduction talisman to give myself over 2,500 HP and around 50% physical damage reduction, so she couldn't oneshot me no matter how much I sucked. This strategy worked on basically everything for the rest of the game, and I 1shot everything except for the last optional boss and the final boss just cause nothing could outright kill me instantly and I could kill them faster than I'd run out of estus flasks.

EDIT: Final level was 146 btw

Last edited:

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I hated fighting Radahn with a burning passion but i actually had a blast tonight helping other people do it, once the pressure is off, its quite fun

Mr. Gold

Jul 1, 2019
Question. I'm playing Vagabond and I'm fairly new to the game. I got my ass kicked several times because he was so relentless. I decided to try spirit wolves and he became a joke.

Are encounters built around them, they are OP early, or they easy mood? I tried googling it but it's spolier city

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I made it to Leyndell. FROM what the fuck

What more do they even need to prove at this point

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Question. I'm playing Vagabond and I'm fairly new to the game. I got my ass kicked several times because he was so relentless. I decided to try spirit wolves and he became a joke.

Are encounters built around them, they are OP early, or they easy mood? I tried googling it but it's spolier city

using the right spirits can make fights much easier

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021

depends on the encounter and the spirit. Some will get deleted pretty quickly later on and even the OP one isn't always super helpful unless you already have an OP build.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

the spirit summons are always powerful, since you can upgrade them and there is a particular one that most people are using that is flat out busted.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I just want to say thanks for mentioning this sidequest because I totally missed it and the weapons you get for completing it are AMAZING.

IMG_5505.jpg

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
realizing that this game is pretty much a horror game but then you turn into a beast and it becomes doom

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
I'll ask again but more succinctly this time. Is it worth leveling up your base weapon or should you save the stones for when you find a better weapon? Are there enough stones that it's not a problem to level up multiple weapons?

Same question for Ashes summons. Level up early ones or wait to find better ones to level up?

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
I'll ask again but more succinctly this time. Is it worth leveling up your base weapon or should you save the stones for when you find a better weapon? Are there enough stones that it's not a problem to level up multiple weapons?

Same question for Ashes summons. Level up early ones or wait to find better ones to level up?
its entirely a preference thing, there's more than enough materials for you to level multiple weapons or spirits.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

you can eventually buy any stone or spirit upgrade from a vendor, except the very last somber stone and spirit upgrade I believe.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
I entered one of the churches I had visited before and there was an invading NPC. I ran like a a chickenshit. Now I can't seem to find him again. Did I screw up a quest or something?

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So I finally beat Radahn. The concept of the fight is unlike anything Fromsoft has done before which makes it quite cool. The actual fight though is not that great. Phase 1 is easy enough, but fuck Phase 2. You pretty much have to resort to cheeseing him or it is pretty impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.