• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordn613

Oct 25, 2017
I've never wanted a big thick bound guide book more than for this game. Just a printed reference guide to look up items I find , to have on my coffee table. Really freaking hope Future Press announce something soon.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Question about redmane castle. Might be a big glitch?
I went through the teleport near the entrance bridge and then when I was there, there were no enemies. I could walk straight to the Demi God boss and start the fight. My friend who has beaten the game said there should be enemies and even another boss in redmane first. Did I somehow prevent those enemies from appearing? Intentional to the game or glitch? Just surprised that something I did that he didn't resulted in me not having any enemies in a legacy dungeon.

It's not a glitch.
If you go there after accessing Altus Plateau for the first time, the fortress is cleared out for the Radahn Festival. A while after you beat Radahn and speak to the Festival Host NPC the fortress should repopulate with enemies.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Its funny watching my friend play. He is in Lunaria, and he skips all the NPC dialouge and doens't look at any of the items he picks up or anything. He has absolutely no idea where he is supposed to go or what he is supposed to be doing right now. He hasn't even
gone up the divine tower
after beating Godrick lol

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a glitch.
If you go there after accessing Altus Plateau for the first time, the fortress is cleared out for the Radahn Festival. A while after you beat Radahn and speak to the Festival Host NPC the fortress should repopulate with enemies.

Are you not able to fight radahn till you go to altus then, or does fighting him while it's not the festival cause various lockouts for quests?

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
The Carian Reflection Ashe is pretty nuts. I destroyed the first boss (red wolf) in the academy with it. I don't know if it amplifies damage on reflection but it sure does a lot of it. Seems like an great ashe for this area

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Are you not able to fight radahn till you go to altus then, or does fighting him while it's not the festival cause various lockouts for quests?

You can fight him whenever, but fighting him pre-festival is potentially a problem for the Ranni storyline? I don't know, by the time I got to him myself I was already well on my way through Ranni's storyline and I was told specifically to go kill him as part of it.

May 10, 2018
Yes, Godrick down on my first try. Summoned the Jellyfish and he immediately clapped it in under a minute.

Somehow lived with a sliver of health. He grabbed me at the end and I thought it was over.

I've seen people post about the Great Runes but I have no idea what they do yet. Guess I'm about to find out.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
You can fight him whenever, but fighting him pre-festival is potentially a problem for the Ranni storyline? I don't know, by the time I got to him myself I was already well on my way through Ranni's storyline and I was told specifically to go kill him as part of it.

Going off of similar instances, I don't thiiiink it messes anything up.

She just wants the dagger, which is found in the area unlocked by the star falling.

It miiiiight mess up the Blaidd/Alexander the pot bits of the quest, but so far the game's been pretty forgiving about just moving quests along if you accidentally kill a boss too 'early' for a quest chain

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Asking again but is there a discord to find ERA coop buddies on PC? I know coop is kinda like easy mode but it's the only way I think I can get anywhere in this game lol 😅

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
That was one protracted rectal probe, Dr.

It probably would have helped had I been fully charging the spell, but it was my first time using it.

I feel like I spend a bit too much time just kind of looking for something to do

I set goals for myself that center me in a specific area, and I use the goal as an excuse to comb over the area.

For example, right now I'm looking for a secret way into a certain zone, which I was told I could find in a cave. So I've gone to the area next to the zone I want and I'm looking for the cave, and in the process I've uncovered bosses, dungeons, etc. It helps give my progress some meaning, though I do get distracted... The fact that there are times when you will unexpectedly go to a new place don't help!

But sometimes the new place is cool, or spooky, or at least has a boss to kill. That's helpful to my current secondary goal, which is to reach 48 INT so I can wield this new staff I found.

The only problem with this approach, which I'm running into right now, is that I start going in circles when I can't find the thing to progress my main goal. Like I've looped through this swamp I'm in probably 3 times. I keep finding new stuff, so I guess it's okay, but I feel like I'm misunderstanding the instructions I got.

So currently I took a break from that and I went and collected these other goal mcguffins I was told I needed, and now I'm going to head back to the NPC who told me about the cave, and I will see if she says anything different now that I have the "official" entry key.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
It's not a glitch.
I haven't got to play since last night, but this is where I stopped and plan to pick up today. I've seen people referencing this and have a question:

I've been to Altus so would think this means me. But there's a big ass dog miniboss at the start, there's a soldier around the side, she even though I haven't gone past the dog I did look further in just to confirm there were other people. Does this mean despite visiting Altus I'm "good" to work through here right now?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't got to play since last night, but this is where I stopped and plan to pick up today. I've seen people referencing this and have a question:

I've been to Altus so would think this means me. But there's a big ass dog miniboss at the start, there's a soldier around the side, she even though I haven't gone past the dog I did look further in just to confirm there were other people. Does this mean despite visiting Altus I'm "good" to work through here right now?

Once you've made it to Altus for the first time, the closed waygates on both sides of the Impassable Greatbridge activate. The one on the INSIDE of the bridge teleports you directly to the core of the castle in front of a bonfire. Once you're there you just walk out and you're at the boss fight. There are still some enemies on the outer regions of the castle as well as two sword-lions in the main courtyard, but the majority of the place is going to be cleared out for the festival.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
What level did people beat a major boss 4th one I think
Radahn
I'm got like 24 vitality and this boss pretty much requires 100% heals all the time for me otherwise I get killed by a single hit. Boss is too powerful. Not sure if Underleveled or just awful. I think I need something better to heal the horse too, not sure exactly what's required to make a frozen raisin.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I feel like I spend a bit too much time just kind of looking for something to do

Same, sometimes I wander a lot and don't find anything worth my time

I feel like I literally run into content or something to do every 5-10 minutes at most, with the exception of if I'm running around an area I already discovered a shitload of things in. what helps too is just look at your map for a hot second and check if theres any part of the drawing that looks like a building or grave or literally anything, and theres usually something there.
I was watching one of my friends play and he literally just kept either missing obvious cues on his screen, or just taking a left instead of a right when he was right next to something rad, over and over again, it was driving me mad.

NPTinker

May 2, 2020
Radahn
I'm got like 24 vitality and this boss pretty much requires 100% heals all the time for me otherwise I get killed by a single hit. Boss is too powerful. Not sure if Underleveled or just awful. I think I need something better to heal the horse too, not sure exactly what's required to make a frozen raisin.
Dont worry at 40 vit he will 2-shot you

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Radahn

I beat him at 57 or 58 with about 24 vitality. I equipped some of the Knight Armor that the Twin Maiden Husks sells in Roundtable Hold and mixed it with my Banished Knight Greaves and then burned a Rune Arc and it kept me alive.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Once you've made it to Altus for the first time, the closed waygates on both sides of the Impassable Greatbridge activate. The one on the INSIDE of the bridge teleports you directly to the core of the castle in front of a bonfire. Once you're there you just walk out and you're at the boss fight. There are still some enemies on the outer regions of the castle as well as two sword-lions in the main courtyard, but the majority of the place is going to be cleared out for the festival.
Gotcha. I'll just proceed past here for now and figure out how it's supposed to be reactivated when I finish that up then. Sucks, I didn't even do anything in Altus I was just exploring and looking for a method to reach the northern part of Ainsel River.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
another thing that bummed me out in today's session was something I suspected would bother me, and it's ENTIRELY personal, but I just don't like doing the "go to this spot in a zone you haven't been in to get an item", I rarely do it and it annoyed me once again (but I really wanted this hammer).

For me, I really need to do a zone from the start and "learn" the zone as I progress through it. Rushing through it to a spot, collecting andom sites of grace without getting a "feel" for the zone really bothers me.

It's also why I usually don't like full respecs from one class to another in games (on in this case, one build to another), I prefer to slowly level a build and learn and get a feel for it as I progress. Like I never played any Souls NG+, I always prefer to just restart with a completely different character.

But again, like I said, this is purely a personal thing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha. I'll just proceed past here for now and figure out how it's supposed to be reactivated when I finish that up then. Sucks, I didn't even do anything in Altus I was just exploring and looking for a method to reach the northern part of Ainsel River.

You're definitely going to need to, at bare minimum, beat Radahn and then go BACK into the chapel and talk to the Festival Host until he tells you he's leaving. If you don't do that, the festival NPCs hang out in the courtyard before the boss fight like they're waiting for a rematch and the castle can't repopulate.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Steam:

Steam must be updated in order to receive the latest update?
I already updated and restarted Steam?

?????

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
After 60 hours in the plot thickens. Huge reference with eye of Sauron and the appearance of not 2, but 3 fingers in the plot!

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
I'm starting to realize that probably more than half the reason I loved games so much as a kid was because I didn't go online to read other people's thoughts about them haha
remember playing daemon souls in 2010 and having to go on gamefaq to get any info at all because hardly anyone knew what the fuck this game was at the time

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
remember playing daemon souls in 2010 and having to go on gamefaq to get any info at all because hardly anyone knew what the fuck this game was at the time

I think CHC means in the sense that it's a bummer reading people just shit on things you like, which I can definitely sympathize with. I could be wrong tho :p

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Question- is there a way to increase blood loss build up for a weapon?

Some kind of ash of war attunement or something?

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
alright so I just got this game, is there a patch incoming to resolve the framerate issues with consoles or should I just stick with the ps4 version on ps5?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Bleed isn't already OP enough for you? :p

but no there isn't.

Hahah, there's a dagger I found that can power stance with a katana so I want to compensate the lack of damage and range with something.

But I found the answer to my question- there is an ash of war "Bloody Slash", it gives a big boost to blood build up.

Something like 38 -> 60

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
If the girl is no longer in the shack have I missed the opportunity to get the jelly? Haven't beaten boss just ahead but girl is at the home base by the fire.

acrowe

Alt-Account
Banned
Feb 8, 2022
I think CHC means in the sense that it's a bummer reading people just shit on things you like, which I can definitely sympathize with. I could be wrong tho :p

this combined with the amount of untagged late game boss names that have been huge lore spoilers for me are both reasons I should probably try to exercise the self-control to not compulsively read this thread. I don't expect everyone to feel totally enchanted and kneel at the game's feet and praise it as the unrivaled GOAT like I do, but reading pages and pages of people shitting on the boss design or complaining about how shitty a ton of the things I love are really is grating : /

I think most of all I'm disappointed that out of the massive amount of people playing and discussing this everywhere online, hardly anyone seems to care about the game's lore *or* plot? They put so much more effort into it than in the souls games and it even has GRRM's clear and distinctive touch but it's always just "game very hard. big man smash game, man strong" for a lot of people : /

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
considering that 76 hours in, my revealed map currently consists of (zone name spoilers obviously)

West Lemuria
East Lemuria / Caelid
South Lemuria
Liurnia of the Lakes
Altus Plateau (west? I think the Capital part is east?)
Siofra River / Nokron
Ainsel River / Lake of Rot

when I used one of the 4 belfries and got teleported to that
white tornado end game zone
and looked where I was on the map compared to what I have uncovered, my reaction was once again, as usual with this game:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hahah, there's a dagger I found that can power stance with a katana so I want to compensate the lack of damage and range with something.

But I found the answer to my question- there is an ash of war "Bloody Slash", it gives a big boost to blood build up.

Something like 38 -> 60

I assume it means each hit does more bleed. usually faster weapons have lower numbers because you hit more times.

the bleed value on bloody slash is for the actual skill only, it doesnt make any weapon do bleed with normal attacks.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I forget who was asking if you upgrade a Greatshield, if it increases the guard boost stat, I can confirm it does BUT when you upgrade shields they increase in weight which actually fucked me over earlier lol.

Yzec

Dec 11, 2019
Belgium
I feel like I'm going insane. I can't for the life of me find a way to get to the Divine Bridge from inside Leyndell

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Just cleared the game with all achievements at about 47 hours (I reloaded for the other two endings). Would have been sub-45 if Malenia didn't kick my ass for nearly three hours. Did the whole game as a pure melee build using the Large Club.

Easy 10/10, one of the best games I've ever played and the best game From's ever put out. It's absolutely insane how much unique content there is in such an action heavy open-world game.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
this combined with the amount of untagged late game boss names that have been huge lore spoilers for me are both reasons I should probably try to exercise the self-control to not compulsively read this thread. I don't expect everyone to feel totally enchanted and kneel at the game's feet and praise it as the unrivaled GOAT like I do, but reading pages and pages of people shitting on the boss design or complaining about how shitty a ton of the things I love are really is grating : /

I think most of all I'm disappointed that out of the massive amount of people playing and discussing this everywhere online, hardly anyone seems to care about the game's lore *or* plot? They put so much more effort into it than in the souls games and it even has GRRM's clear and distinctive touch but it's always just "game very hard. big man smash game, man strong" for a lot of people : /
You're not really going to get any of that discussion until people have actually finished the game. I'm 25 hours in and have no idea what anything is and I don't care to talk about what anything is because spoilers.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
by the way, even if I was to drop the game tomorrow (I'm not lol), this was my favorite thread on Era in years so thank you. There's something about a Souls game zeitgeist that really no other game can match.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Woo finished the game, clocking in at 91 hours and still missed a few things but every major boss was defeated. The whole ride was truly a masterpiece. I was only truly stuck on 3 bosses and all 3 of them were optional late game bosses.

I haven't went hard into a game like this in many years. It's all I played, it's all I thought about for a week.

NPTinker

May 2, 2020
How the hell radahnand his purple balls can find me miles away. This shit is so stupid. Tried summoning people but always get the unable to summon message

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I assume it means each hit does more bleed. usually faster weapons have lower numbers because you hit more times.

the bleed value on bloody slash is for the actual skill only, it doesnt make any weapon do bleed with normal attacks.

Nono the dagger I have does have natural bleed build up, I'm looking at the weapon build up increase

IMG_2047.jpg

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
This is the most fun I've had exploring a game in years. Love the fact that it seems never ending.
I'm in an area that I've visited many times. I make a turn and I'm like "ooh, I've never seen this before." Keep running and climbing until I'm in some village with hanging corpses. I smash the enemies in the village and I see this devil looking mini boss thing that breathes fire on up. Heart starts racing because I know it's on and dude was chilling in the cut waiting. Swallow my drink, top off my health and go for it.

That feeling never gets old while playing this. It's quickly becoming the best game I've ever played.

Last edited:

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
I just can't get over how immense this world is, I've just spent like 8hrs lost in a secret (maybe?) area that is as big as some of the Souls areas. And O. M. G!!!!!

This Astel boss is incredible!!!! And its designs is so pretty, eerie and terrifyng at the same time.

Also it just made me think the world is bigger than it seems, like Bloodborne did midway. It just doesn't look like its from this world, don't tell me that this game is also cosmic horror, don'tgivemehope.gif

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I just cheeses the fuck out of Crucible Knight Siluria or whatever by shooting him with arrows from where he couldn't get me. I swear this guy had like no patterns to his attacks. Just did whatever he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.