• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Someone was asking where to buy a torch. The "isolate merchant shack" in NW Caelid has one.

edit: never mind that last bit

Spicy Noodles

May 29, 2018
Took the Prisoner class to a whole different level 🤣
20220305-001339.jpg

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good paths to start the game? I've had a bit of a wander around for an hour ish, ran into a dragon, and some weird big monster surrounded by archers, lots of mobs of 10+ enemies but no real idea where to start. Kinda miss the linear style of souls as the options were much clearer

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Is it me, or do early game bosses feel like they take forever to beat unless you heavily invest in damage upgrades? There has been a point with multiple bosses where I felt like I well understood the timings, but I struggled finishing them off before I ran out of healing due to execution errors.

I have a +3 weapon, and this has been true for
Crucible Knight, Ulcerated tree, and especially Margit.
Many "early" game bosses just so happen to be close to the starting area. Getting any upgrades will help immensely at that point in the game. Thankfully this game really let's you head out and power up before taking them on.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to get to the Mountaintop of the Giants early on? Trying to grab a few spells and talismans from that area. I've already beaten Radahn, Rennala and Godrick. Also, I somehow got teleported to the Capital and have a Grace checkpoint there.

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to trawl through OT1, and follow OT2, for interesting nuggets and experiences. But more important to me is having this experience that feels like my own, where my neurosis is abated, not worrying about finding the 'right' weapon or coming across that area or boss people keep talking about, and just enjoying it in isolation.

Apart from some technical issues on PC, this game is everything I'd hoped for. An incredible accomplishment by From. Still relatively early on yet, but feeling no reason to be concerned about where this game is headed.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Lichdragon is a weird boss, I do good damage but since I can't lock on to most of his body I miss a lot of attacks and get wrecked

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is it me, or do early game bosses feel like they take forever to beat unless you heavily invest in damage upgrades? There has been a point with multiple bosses where I felt like I well understood the timings, but I struggled finishing them off before I ran out of healing due to execution errors.

I have a +3 weapon, and this has been true for
Crucible Knight, Ulcerated tree, and especially Margit.

You can always use a Summon Spirit (Jellyfish is bae) to draw the aggro off of you so you can heal up.

Oct 25, 2017
it's interesting

there are at least two paths in mt gelmar, including the actual volcano manor, where the only way i know of to access them i know of is via special side quest entry ways (invitation / patches)

edit: ah! there's actually a way to get to the VM from near the ninth mt gelmar campsite. cute.

Last edited:

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Stormveil castle is kicking my butt a bit. Mostly because I'm entirely fixated on getting the Claw Talisman for my dual large sword wielding build. Any general advice regarding stealth vs storming the place?

Dlanor A. Knox

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Apr 6, 2018
WHY AM I CRASHING SO MUCH IN VOLCANO MANOR

THIRD CRASH IN 30 MINUTES, IM LOSING IT.

Is it just this area or what?? I've been playing all day with no issues but in this manor I just keep crashing

Specifically towards the end of it, on the way to the big boss

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Where can we get a shield with 100% damage reduction easily and quickly?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So, Str/Dex only as much as you need to use it and then everything else into Int?
Yes. That's exactly how I built my character and I gotta say, that weapon is ridiculous throughout the rest of the game. It absolutely made things a lot easier for me.

Remachinate

Oct 27, 2017
Many "early" game bosses just so happen to be close to the starting area. Getting any upgrades will help immensely at that point in the game. Thankfully this game really let's you head out and power up before taking them on.

I wish you could "unsocket" smithing stones like you do with Ashes of War, so it didn't feel punishing to commit to a weapon just to get through these damage checks, before you knew whether a given weapon fit your playing style. I know the answer is that ultimately, low level smithing stones are plentiful as you move later into the game, but you still have that interim where you are stone starved but can't switch to a cool new weapon you found because it's a downgrade.

Speaking of weapons, is split damage on a base weapon worth it in this game? I always stayed away because in past games the double flat damage reduction made them weak compared to full physical + a resin.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
NotVeryFriendly Thanks for the response in OT1, I tried the area a bit but I'm getting my ass kicked lol. I decided to go back to the Siofra to beat one of the two bosses there first and maybe level up a bit more, the Fang seems to be a better choice for now I think till I find a more fitting sword. I started as a Bandit but I'm trying to switch into more spellblade, build is Dex > Vit > End > Int.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Is there any way to get to the Mountaintop of the Giants early on? Trying to grab a few spells and talismans from that area. I've already beaten Radahn, Rennala and Godrick. Also, I somehow got teleported to the Capital and have a Grace checkpoint there.
I think you need to fight the capitol boss, but they're not hard.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Just found my first actuall hidden illusary wall lol, now I'm going to have to start hitting all of them...

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a summon pool for fire giant?

Not even sure if it would be a good thing for this fight if they make its already bloated hp pool even bigger. My +10 mimic caster is useless in this fight, I really need a tank. Might go after that pumpkinhead summon and buff it to 10 to see if that helps.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Is there weapon in this game like the Penetrating Sword in DeS? i.e. has the moveset and speed of a straight sword but much longer range.

Dlanor A. Knox

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Apr 6, 2018
Ok.... I seem to have a problem in Volcano manor, just relaunched the game and crashed again, I always crash in the EXACT same spot, right here, when this enemy starts attacking:

lqvHezg.png

This is the 3rd time in a row I've crashed in this exact spot right when the guy starts attacking

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Oh wow we're going to be on OT3 by the time I finish this game it feels.

Made it to level 100 on my faith build. Still rocking dual-wielding scythes, but feeling the itch to change weapons again. The rate at which I'm still finding new weapons and armor seems to really have ramped up compared to the beginning of the game. Felt like a very slow start and now I'm drowning in all of these options and I'm still hearing about sets I haven't seen. Also a lot of the ghosts of other players have this helmet with giant hair that I have yet to find.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Yes. That's exactly how I built my character and I gotta say, that weapon is ridiculous throughout the rest of the game. It absolutely made things a lot easier for me.
Damn, I need to try this. From what I am reading it's super OP though. I don't need to make the game easier, I just want to change things up a bit since I am tired of using the Longsword.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna repost my co-op info post since a lot of people asked about summoning in the first OT:

MoG EclipsE said:
Dumb question probably, but I haven't had tons of time to follow news on this game. As I understand, there's 4 player coop? Now how would it work if I had buddies jump in and out as I progress? Basically I have me and one buddy dedicated to play consistently and two friends that might play a couple time a week. Can players easily jump in and out or should it be played with the same group from beginning to end? Thanks in advance !

FROM games do not offer the same co-op experience that other games do. To summon another player, you must find their summon sign that they dropped down and interact with it. The game world is divided into different named areas, each with its own boss. You can only summon in areas where the boss has not been defeated. Once a boss has been defeated, the person you summoned will be sent back to their own game. Of course, your friend can drop their summon sign in the next area, but you'd have to repeatedly summon them over and over if you wanted to play together.

And FROM games usually have a level range for summoning; the summoned player must be around +/- 10 levels and some change relative to your own level. A summoned player only gets rewarded runes (the in game xp/currency) and does not unlock progress for their own game. Unless they make progress on their own (they can summon you as well and you can help them out, but then everyone would be repeating the same content), you'd outlevel them and eventually wouldn't be able to summon them for later game content. This is not a game where people can simply jump in/out.

Edit- Summoning Guide with more details here

Status
Not open for further replies.