• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Can completionists even go through this game without having conniptions?
I was doing fine until I looked up how to get that Mimic summon everyone is raving about. It's in a place I'd already visited, but I didn't find a grace, and didn't see the secret route leading to a big area full of stuff. And then I thought, "I've probably missed something this significant in every single zone." So now I'm having conniptions. Because I thought I was being thorough!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
What in the hell???? So If ive only beaten Godrick im like..... not far at all?

Fully completing it, no you literally just began. But again, like I said earlier, technically you only need 2 elden souls to be able to "finish" the game, and you have one, I don't know how you intend to play the game.

I can tell you I'm at around 65-70 hours in (give or take some afk time walking dogs and whatnot), have done West Lim, Lake, East Lim, South Lim to their completion (I say that even tho I keep finding new random side dungeons but still), quite a big of the underground area, and I'd say I'm about 50-60% through. I still barely touched
Altus Plateau, I havent even been to the Citadel area, I still have more underground, and whatever other random ass side zones there are I dont even know about (for example Lake of Rot is another optional zone it seems and I didnt know about it)

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017
Any good weapons that scale with Dex? Went with Samurai and I'm still using the Uchigatana, with ashes set to Keen.

I feel like I found stuff that scales with virtually every stat but dex, and my build is dex focused. I actually might just have to change it.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Any good weapons that scale with Dex? Went with Samurai and I'm still using the Uchigatana, with ashes set to Keen.

I feel like I found stuff that scales with virtually every stat but dex, and my build is dex focused. I actually might just have to change it.

Twinblades can be found in ruins just east of the tutorial cave (in Lake Aghool)

Oct 25, 2017
What in the hell???? So If ive only beaten Godrick im like..... not far at all?
most of the time when people say a game is long i find they're exaggerating. but in this case you really are not very far at all relatively.

elden ring is designed in such a way that it defies the shape you start to place on it. like, with most games you start to get a grip on the scope of the game after a few hours like reading a book: you feel the right half of the book get smaller as you progress. in elden ring it's like: "lol, the right half just got thicker" and it does it over and over again.

Oct 27, 2017
Do I join or don't join Volcano Manor? Spoil away please. Don't care about which ending I get but am trying to get as much gear as possible so if it affects gear please let me know.

Jan 4, 2018
Only took me 70 hours but I'm finally learning to quicktap crouch mid-combat to incorporate my roll attack into my moveset more and it's adding some solid versatility

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Depends on how much you've explored before tackling Stormveil. If you only followed the guidance of grace (gold trails from the sites of grace) from the start of the game, then that's maybe 5-10% of the game.

Ive done a lot, I would assume most all, of Limgrave and a little bit of the Lakes. Ive also done a lot of Sofria but nothing else at all.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I was doing fine until I looked up how to get that Mimic summon everyone is raving about. It's in a place I'd already visited, but I didn't find a grace, and didn't see the secret route leading to a big area full of stuff. And then I thought, "I've probably missed something this significant in every single zone." So now I'm having conniptions. Because I thought I was being thorough!

I've been trying to be pretty thorough too. I'm not even a completionist really, or maybe I am but only in a relatively narrow sense. Or maybe I'm in denial.

I do like to try to scour every area before heading to where I'm "expected" to go. That also means I may find a shortcut that bypasses a lot of stuff but then I'll double back to get that stuff before moving forward.

But there are definitely portions in this game where they put you at a crossroads and you've just gotta go one way or the other, and doubling back isn't so easy. That's how you miss the big stuff.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatching the badass story trailers, and I thought, "Hmm...I wonder if Millicent can use..."

And lo and behold, I found it in the Shaded Castle!

That castle boss can go kick rocks, though.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I bet I've missed lots of stuff and I love it. After a playthrough I'll probably look some things up.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Hoarfrost stomp exploding on minibosses (and even bosses) while maintaining a keen application on the uchigatana is silly (and OP) as shit. Plus it seems to scale just fine off my dexterity!

Heck, frost damage/frost 'explosions' seem to work real well on a lot of bosses (of the ones I've tried so far, at least)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I still need to go back to the
tutorial area
, I keep forgetting to do that

Adlez

Oct 25, 2017
I play completely offline too. First run at least. I don't like the messages and I don't like PvP. The world feels and looks more natural without any of that for me.
same! way more immersive and magically without seeing a bunch of "tourists" jumping around when you enjoy a beautiful view. second playthrough i'll be online to check out the messages

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
+10 mimic with azur comet is just ridiculous. Yet they're still bosses that I feel way underleveled for like those crystal twins in the lucaria crystal cave. I want that terra magicus spell :/

edit: Also just got to Astel. lol I need more health.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I one shot Red Wolf of Radagon. I was level 53 using a +4 Golden Halberd. I was taking chunks out of it. Probably 6 hits to down it.

Margit is still the hardest to me so far.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Since I joined the EldenERA group I keep getting notifications that someone in my group has killed the shardbearer. Looks like it gives me a buff each time, but I don't know what it does.

Adlez

Oct 25, 2017
Hoarfrost stomp exploding on minibosses (and even bosses) while maintaining a keen application on the uchigatana is silly (and OP) as shit. Plus it seems to scale just fine off my dexterity!

Heck, frost damage/frost 'explosions' seem to work real well on a lot of bosses (of the ones I've tried so far, at least)
i see a nerf coming in the next patch. it's very powerful, fast, aoe, costs little FP. im gonna enjoy it while it lasts

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
how does level cap / difference work for jolly coop?

I can't go plop a sign down near Margit and literally one-shot it for newbies can I?

Because I will :3

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Since I joined the EldenERA group I keep getting notifications that someone in my group has killed the shardbearer. Looks like it gives me a buff each time, but I don't know what it does.

I had to leave the VaatiVidya group (SEEKERS) because I was getting those notifications every two minutes.

Oct 25, 2017
have From been keen on nerfing / rebalancing stuff recently? the last time i remember it being notable was when they killed lightning/holy or whatever in dark souls 2 pretty dramatically.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
That blood slice art is pretty powerful stuff

I haven't dabbled in changing out many arts I like this one

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
how does level cap / difference work for jolly coop?

I can't go plop a sign down near Margit and literally one-shot it for newbies can I?

Because I will :3

Some people are tackling him at lvl 40+, so I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

Rennala is the easiest and most fun co-op spot.

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
I have a volcano manor question.

Is there any way to get to Rykard aside from joining them? All the doors are locked and the upstairs just had an invader. I assume joining would open something up, but it seems like kind of a major decision to make so I'm not sure I want to.
Edit: reading is hard for me🤣, but for those wondering
theres an illusionary wall in the first room down the hallway on the right. Its an entire dungeon that will lead to rykard but it locks you out of taniths questline

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Can the black flame sword miracle last more than 2 freaking seconds, sheesh

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
I love you, Miyazaki.

Enemy_design.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: reading is hard, but for those wondering
theres an illusionary wall in the first room down the hallway on the right. Its an entire dungeon that will lead to rykard but it locks you out of taniths questline

can you
join them and then still do the wall / dungeon just because I need MORE CONTENT?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
i see a nerf coming in the next patch. it's very powerful, fast, aoe, costs little FP. im gonna enjoy it while it lasts

Yeah, it, blood slash, the moonlight katana arte, and maybe the magic beam/no fp combo could maaaaybe see nerfs, though aside from 'super' broken stuff, idk that From has a history of modifying things too much...

Unless the damage was completely unintended, at least.

(and every major enemy having massive change-ups for how long they hold back their attacks when you roll too early, lol))

...But as long as a certain boss gets nerfed, I'd be okay with it, lol - I can already see how easy it would be to fall back on it as a crutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.