• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
im getting 60 fps after the patch on pc.. i did a horse bro setnail boss and legit had no stuttering lol it was the first time we all three killed it becasue their wasnt any stuttering on my end.. or that i could tell..

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
2 days later still cant find a glintstone key.

I have a map of a location of one but I cant find it since I dont have some basics maps yet.

Ill find it eventually

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what Godrick's rune is doing for me. It says it raises attributes. What does this mean though?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I legit might just drop this because of Radahn.

Okay, first of all: run at him for a minute straight dodging 3 weird gravity delayed projectiles, cause lol delayed attacks on every single boss is hilarious. Step two, get on your horse to dodge arrow rain. Step three, pray he doesnt buckshot oneshot your horse, which stuns you for 15 seconds, and then one shots you without you being able to do anything. Get off your horse, hope he goes into melee mode before firing off more projectiles. Congrats! You're now allowed to actually start the rematch. Now, get him to 60% or so and he gets an entirely new moveset. Oh! Also, he's 3x as fast as you and just skates around on his babyhorse taking potshots. Don't use your horse to match it, though. Because you have no actual dodge on it, and if/when you get hit, it will immediately die and leave you vulnerable for 15 seconds.

God, I'm so fucking salty. I've been ignoring this fight for like 10 hours meticulously cleaning up the early game, and it still sucks just as much as it did the first time.
my strat was summon the dudes in fromt of spawn. The arrow can hit the barrier and be blocked. Sprint to right summon area and dodge arrow on the way. Summon and wait to block or sprint fairly far left if confident with rolling and go summon blaidd. If he uses the raining arrows blaidd spawn should be about Far enough to not be a problem. Then the ai summons should be close enough to trigger melee form and you can hop on Torrent.

Then you just have to look for opportunities to strike as he attacks the ai. You can re summon them after they die at other points on the battlefield.

The fight fucking sucks but that's how i did it.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm at the 4 Belfries in Liurnia Lake and I have to ask... which one do I use the imbued stone sword key on? The one closest to the chest where you get the key "The Precipice of Anticipation" has a bunch of positive messages around it while the others do not.
it's personal preference, you can unlock all of them if you find enough keys. my personal favourite, utility be damned, is the one marked with the word "crumbling".

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Radahn is part of From's Stephen King-esque series of boss fights -- they never know when to stop.

When you die, you get a loading screen, and then have to warp to the boss arena, and then hope you don't get killed by the barrage of shit before you can even get close enough to get a hit in. I'm so bad at dodging delayed attacks, so it's especially rough for me.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i feel like im missing out on a shit ton of cool moves by not being a caster. i have a ton of spells that im never gonna use

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what Godrick's rune is doing for me. It says it raises attributes. What does this mean though?
Well, first you need to take his rune to the Divine Tower to be able to activate it. Once you do that, you can equip it and use a Rune Arc item to activate the stat boost. It will go away if you die, and you'll need to use another Rune Arc to activate it again. It kind of functions similar to human mode in the Dark Souls games.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
This map is just bonkers huge. Like you think you're getting close to seeing it all and it just keeps going. I think this could be played for months and not see everything lol. Trying to go in blind and I just run around all over seeing what I can find

Oh, and this ice axe I found has a skill that just destroys everything. It's the most fun, OP magic skill I have

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I legit might just drop this because of Radahn.

Okay, first of all: run at him for a minute straight dodging 3 weird gravity delayed projectiles, cause lol delayed attacks on every single boss is hilarious. Step two, get on your horse to dodge arrow rain. Step three, pray he doesnt buckshot oneshot your horse, which stuns you for 15 seconds, and then one shots you without you being able to do anything. Get off your horse, hope he goes into melee mode before firing off more projectiles. Congrats! You're now allowed to actually start the rematch. Now, get him to 60% or so and he gets an entirely new moveset. Oh! Also, he's 3x as fast as you and just skates around on his babyhorse taking potshots. Don't use your horse to match it, though. Because you have no actual dodge on it, and if/when you get hit, it will immediately die and leave you vulnerable for 15 seconds.

God, I'm so fucking salty. I've been ignoring this fight for like 10 hours meticulously cleaning up the early game, and it still sucks just as much as it did the first time.
Radahn is like the Stephen King series of boss fights -- they never know when to stop.

When you die, you get a loading screen, and then have to warp to the boss arena, and then hope you don't get killed by the barrage of shit before you can even get close enough to get a hit in. I'm so bad at dodging delayed attacks, so it's especially rough for me.
What's incredibly annoying for me is the camera in the beginning. If I lock onto him, the blue dot is in the center of my screen right where his arrow is coming from… which is also a blue dot.
If I don't lock on, the game automatically centers my view to face forward after running for a while

I have to do the summons on foot because i just get knocked off my horse right away

I got to his second phase twice, instantly dead first time, second time I was doing ok and got killed by a rock from full health

I like the concept for this fight but wow it's really annoying

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus fuck, Margit took me more tries than any souls boss I can remember except Defiled Watchdog. I went there at lv18, got slaughtered for an hour, went out to level, came back after 5h at lv33 and a +3 weapon, got slaughtered again for another hour and then I got a lucky kill.

I'd be scared about the rest of the game but I didn't have this hard of a time with anything else in the game so far, combined.
Imo, Margit is more like an endgame boss than a first boss. He's harder than the next boss that comes after him, and he's harder than all of the side bosses that surround him. Including side bosses from the next area.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
So I'm at the 4 Belfries in Liurnia Lake and I have to ask... which one do I use the imbued stone sword key on? The one closest to the chest where you get the key "The Precipice of Anticipation" has a bunch of positive messages around it while the others do not.
I had a key from the Academy already, so unlocked two. Crumbling Lands would have been hell, but I was able to cheese it with my crossbow. It was also in a very cool place. Night Sky has a knight that I'd fought before, one of those that can sprout wings and a dragon tail.

The Precipice of Anticipation is where we first died, right at the start of the game.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Imo, Margit is more like an endgame boss than a first boss. He's harder than the next boss that comes after him, and he's harder than all of the side bosses that surround him. Including side bosses from the next area.
I agree with you. Margit was brutal. Took me a while to beat him, but I've been rolling side bosses and beatdown the second boss. I almost one shot the second boss.

Sep 21, 2019
About 16 hours in now, and I feel like I have done SO much stuff, epic stuff, stuff that makes me love this game. Then I look at this map and realize I have an ungodly amount of content to experience. I have lived in the red circle so far lol.

ZaY9UAp.jpg

Same. From knocked this shit so far out of the park I'm 25 hours in (not much beyond what you circled) and still coming to terms with the quality, scale, and scope of this game. How did they do this?

This will take me 200+ hours to finish, and I know I'm going to savor every moment of being in this world.

The Souls formula in a open world sounded so odd to me at first. But now, in glorious practice, I'm awestruck at just how well everything has come together. I have no words.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest complaint in this game thus far...

Is what the actual range for dying from heights is.

It feels like the difference between taking no damage and dying is like one pixel.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
basically, the activate an equipped rune you need to use a rune shard. you can equip them from a bonfire once they've been activated at the relevant divine tower. you'll see the benefits almost immediately. :)
Oh I get it. So I have to use those first. Alright.

I'm level 57 now and it takes sooo long to level up now. My dex and faith feel so mediocre at 25 but I'm trying to raise my health and stamina to 20 first before buffing those up since I'm squishy.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What's incredibly annoying for me is the camera in the beginning. If I lock onto him, the blue dot is in the center of my screen right where his arrow is coming from… which is also a blue dot.
If I don't lock on, the game automatically centers my view to face forward after running for a while

I have to do the summons on foot because i just get knocked off my horse right away

I got to his second phase twice, instantly dead first time, second time I was doing ok and got killed by a rock from full health

I like the concept for this fight but wow it's really annoying

Honestly, Radahn feels like a fight that they just ran out of time to actually playtest before launch. Nothing about the fight is well-executed, even if the IDEA is conceptually interesting.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Raya Lucaria is just kicking my ass with all these nerds.

Also help below:
Also I'm having a lot of trouble with Red Wolf, especially as a samurai since im always in close quarters and its just spam spam spam from that thing.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Radahn is part of From's Stephen King-esque series of boss fights -- they never know when to stop.

you can roll through the projectiles

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Idk if this is just placebo but this new PS5 update seems to have improved performance?

Or maybe I've just gotten used to it by now.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Holy crap you can break this game pretty early without basically fighting any boss with the meteorite staff and rock sling spell.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Why does it seem like so many bosses do the fucking pivot in your direction while their attack is coming out bullshit?

I'm fighting the crucible knight and I used bloodhound's step to get behind him during a swing and he literally flipped around to hit me. It looked almost comical.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
So....I think i bricked my game? lol

So I went off to fight Radahn got the cutscene to trigger and everything but I can't go through the fog gate. I don't even get a prompt. Some jar dude Alexander is there as is Blaidd (even though I never went into the Mistwoods to get him, but I met him Raina's tower). I tried going to the mistwoods but he isn't there/doesn't do the growl so I can do the snap. I tried looking for Alexander (as I never got him unstuck either). In addition, I can't give Nepali the potion. I tried talking to her, she left found her under the bridge in that one area and that's been about it. She just stays there repeating the same dialogue. So yea I think my shit might be broken? If it is, I'm not restarting, I'm at 41hrs lol.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I'm glad I beat the big boss in the East on my 2nd attempt. He seems to be an annoyance for a lot of my friends and people online.

Why does it seem like so many bosses do the fucking pivot in your direction while their attack is coming out bullshit?

I'm fighting the crucible knight and I used bloodhound's step to get behind him during a swing and he literally flipped around to hit me. It looked almost comical.
Enemy tracking is bullshit in these games that's why.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Radahn is dead. I would rather sound myself with an ice pick than ever do that fight again. What the fuck were they thinking?

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the point where I'm finally going to have to invest some resources into a weapon I don't really like. Haven't really found something I connect with yet but I really need to start doing more damage.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Margit down and explored early parts of Stormveil until I got to a bonfire on lunch break.

Damn do I suck at videogames. If I didn't just put a point on my vigor after Margit I'd probably die to a beyblading knight.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
My mind is blown, this map design is 10/10. I decided to pushed north, way past the Raya Archive, riding around in the massive dried up lake, until eventually a ravine took me to a mine. I expected this to be like any other mine but boy was I wrong. Spoilering cause it has to be seen by yourself
The mine eventually lead you back outside, on the cliffside and then there's a massive fortress built in the mountain, you keep going further up until there's an eventual boss battle and even after it goes up even more and you can exit to a brand new landmass, all the way north. The land shift from greenery to greenery but with summer colors with golden hue'd trees, it shows you're close to the giant tree.

I don't know how FROM do it but it's one of the best open world I've played.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think my biggest complaint in this game thus far...

Is what the actual range for dying from heights is.

It feels like the difference between taking no damage and dying is like one pixel.

Like Prism Stones in Dark Souls, you can use Rainbow Stones in Elden Ring to gauge if a fall is fatal or not.

This is part of its item description:

Can also be dropped to gauge the distance of a fall.
The higher the pitch of the sound, the higher the likehood of the fall being fatal.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
They already got rid of a lot from the Souls games to make it much more approachable:

-no need to repair your stuff
-free travel on the fly instead of travelling only from bonfires
-you can get much stuff by just riding around (more flasks, items, etc)
-no invasions (which is imo the big bummer)
-fall damage greatly reduced
-restart directly at boss with marikas stake
-crafting on the fly
-easy to craft resource for summoning
-attacking disabled in the roundtable to prevent attacking npcs accidentally and making them hostile
-generous upgrade system where you can upgrade your weapons way higher than ever before
-horse combat easily cheeses some encounters
-rune buff is very strong

i think this is definitely the most "casual" Souls game so far.
This is a great summary, and I think it's all for the better.

The game is still proper challenging, but much of the unnecessary frustration has been removed.

I think there's still some QOL improvements I'd like to see, but the overall direction is great.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Like Prism Stones in Dark Souls, you can use Rainbow Stones in Elden Ring to gauge if a fall is fatal or not.

This is part of its item description:

Can also be dropped to gauge the distance of a fall.
The higher the pitch of the sound, the higher the likehood of the fall being fatal.

Oh I know, but it in a recent case it was a jump I had made before and didn't die but this time I guess I was a little too high in the air and died instead.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

So I went off to fight Radahn got the cutscene to trigger and everything but I can't go through the fog gate. I don't even get a prompt. Some jar dude Alexander is there as is Blaidd (even though I never went into the Mistwoods to get him, but I met him Raina's tower). I tried going to the mistwoods but he isn't there/doesn't do the growl so I can do the snap. I tried looking for Alexander (as I never got him unstuck either). In addition, I can't give Nepali the potion. I tried talking to her, she left found her under the bridge in that one area and that's been about it. She just stays there repeating the same dialogue. So yea I think my shit might be broken? If it is, I'm not restarting, I'm at 41hrs lol.
So your trying to fight Radahn right? Talk to that guy up the stairs on left on the wodden ledge from the area where Blaidd and the Pot man are. After talking to him if it doesnt take you to the boss instantly head to the tower up the stairs from where the NPCs are. Once in the tower head straight to the prayer room and take the door on the right outside and go on the elevator. Use the teleportation mirror to enter the boss fight.

If that doesnt work then I got no clue what's up with your game.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I am still very early in the game but having a blast. Beat original DeS and got platinum in Bloodborne, so I am familiar with these games. I have played Dark Souls games (own all three) but never completed one mainly due to timing and not being able to prioritize that type of game at the time.

After some basic exploration of the intro area with its wolf cave, fort, and sprinting death gauntlet (forgot I had a horse), I accidentally walked around a castle and got invited to some hidden realm. Then I went back around and found what I think is the first boss. I couldn't beat him but got close - I suspect I was under leveled at 12 with a +1 astrologer cane. The delay and range of the attacks makes it tough to dodge consistently. I decided to do some exploring to level up, captured a fort for a guy and found some weird shit.

I have found an area (Siofra River) that is… surprising to say the least. It's visually stunning and I am not sure if I am here too early but I am just running around and taking in the sites. I will put the name at the bottom but I am still under level 20. It will probably take me a few years to beat this game.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017

No you're fine. Talk to the guy on top of the stairs

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Think I've seen everything I want from Limgrave, on to Stormveil castle. Only took 15 hours. 😅 I think this game will be a 100+ hour game for me.

Damn, I was over-leveled for Margit. Bloodhound's fang's skill took chunks of health and staggered for the kill. Only took two tries (cause he yeeted me off the damn platform the first round lmao).

I'm traversing through the castle now and it is impressive so far. The knights are aggressive but I'm having fun. Found a grace so I think that's it for the night, I'll try and see if I can finish it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.