• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
I have to agree that this is RPG adventuring of the highest order for me so far. I'm loving the open world and the exploration.

It's the kind of open world I like that's intriguing but uncluttered. There isn't some peasant at every corner begging me to take some quest or other. Very much like Dragon's Dogma's understated open world.

And I've barely scratched the surface so far.

I keep thinking of Dragons Dogma when I am playing...I have put 35 hours in on Xbox and 3 in on Steam so far and haven't killed the first "Major" boss in either playthrough...It's just so enjoyable to wander and level and find new weapons' and armor and spells etc...

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I keep thinking of Dragons Dogma when I am playing...I have put 35 hours in on Xbox and 3 in on Steam so far and haven't killed the first "Major" boss in either playthrough...It's just so enjoyable to wander and level and find new weapons' and armor and spells etc...

Whenever I summon my Lone Wolves, I say "Wolves hunt in packs [strike]Arisen[/strike] Tarnished"

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Godrick Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After taking it on the chin a bunch of times on Sunday, I got back at him today and only took me about 4-5 times to take him down. Eat dirt you POS!!!!!!!!!!

RBTeemo

Oct 24, 2020
Currently at a wall (or two). Stuck between (main boss) Godfrey, The First Lord and Radhan, both kicking my ass pretty steadily at level 64. Am I just under levelled, is there somewhere else I should be aiming for at the moment, or is this just a "git gud" moment?

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Double bosses continue to be kind of annoying and unfun. Like at least Ornstein and Smough gave you terrain to get themselves stuck or separated.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Fun but relatively easy boss fight just now. I'm left with a crazy-looking GS w/ a 40 STR req. First trophy of the game popped too. Slowly but surely, we're going places. I love this game.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to open the door that can't be opened from this side in the Academy?

Before the fight with the red wolf boss. The room with the giant pot enemy and bunch of wizards

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any way to get an explanation of the little status effect icons on the upper left under the bars? Sometimes new ones show up and I have no idea what they mean

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The difficult life of being a 1h mace user

https://streamable.com/mk8c5x

Just feels like you're constantly missing even when something is right in front of you. This happens with humanoids too, but it's even worse with short things.

Note I'm not claiming the hitbox is "bugged". I can see that the weapon is going around the target. I'm just saying it's a terrible moveset that results in constant suffering. If something is locked on and directly in front of you the swing should be designed in such a way that it hits

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to get an explanation of the little status effect icons on the upper left under the bars? Sometimes new ones show up and I have no idea what they mean

There's a list here, but it's still incomplete

Status Effects | Elden Ring Wiki

Elden Ring Status Effects Guide: How to cure all status ailments, what weapons can be used to afflict others, tips and tricks for crafting them.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i can't read

any way this game is the goat

Last edited:

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Are ashes of war single use consumables?
Like if you put one on a weapon and then immediately find a better weapon are you just screwed?

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Are ashes of war single use consumables?
Like if you put one on a weapon and then immediately find a better weapon are you just screwed?

Ashes of war are effectively equipment, not consumable. Additionally, they do not show up in your inventory when they are equipped, so if you think your list of skills is smaller than expected that's why.

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018
Enemies have a 'hidden' posture meter that you can build up with strong attacks. Once the meter is full you can then land a critical hit. My question, why is this meter invisible? Why not show it on the enemy, like in Sekiro?

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Enemies have a 'hidden' posture meter that you can build up with strong attacks. Once the meter is full you can then land a critical hit. My question, why is this meter invisible? Why not show it on the enemy, like in Sekiro?

Probably to reduce clutter since Sekiro has less targets on screen at any given time and most of them are easily dispatched. I think the clutter could get pretty bad against a caravan or specific indoor engagements. I wonder for those that want it if a mod would make it possible since the value is being tracked somewhere.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
This game is just so bad ass & grim.
Went into a portal to a high level corner of the world where I interact with an NPC : "Feed me... Death"
Outside the lair it's playing squeaky violin music straight out of an Ari Aster horror film, the landscape red... And just the biggest dark creature is rampaging everything when trying to catch me. At level 30 I'm just a microbe and with one hit I'm dead.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
When you down an enemy or boss, do your people hits never connect with the R1? Sometimes I down an enemy sprint to his head and then tap R1 and completely miss the animation :'))

astro

Oct 25, 2017
When you down an enemy or boss, do your people hits never connect with the R1? Sometimes I down an enemy sprint to his head and then tap R1 and completely miss the animation :'))
Yeh it sems inconsistent to me too. It works about 50% of the time. I've tried changing the timing on it, but I can't figure anything consistant.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
So, I think I'm going to stick my guns as a pure caster. Aiming to dual-wield miracles and sorceries. Had my first test drive of this style this evening:

Yup definitely getting Dragon's Dogma vibes. I haven't even seen a boss yet; just been roaming around and seeing what's over the next hill.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017

It needs to be pretty accurate positioning in some cases. It's extremely case dependent. some enemies are really hard to get the right position but others are guranteed. No rhyme or reason to it so far.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still at 15 Vigor after 40 hours. I love being a glass cannon.

So I was at 20 until the Radahn fight shook me so bad I decided I needed to abandon my dream of dual weilding great swords and respec completely to sword and board with copious health.

EDIT: is anyone using moonlight great sword as their primary weapon? Is it strong?

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Chipped away some more of Stormveil Castle tonight. The place is absolutely huge and I am loving it, I managed to finally find someone selling some ashes of war that really complemented my sword + INT build and changed up my sword stats significantly. It has ramped up my damage considerably.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a particular item or something I need to use the legendary summons? I got one from a random boss and its always crossed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.