• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
One thing tho, this game makes me feel blind at times, I see people talking about items from a place I've been to and and somehow I didn't collect it, couple that with the messages being white now and it's a nightmare to see properly at a distance

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So how do i reach that item on the roof of the academy?

unknown.png
You see the message on the spike? Jumped on that, then on the head on the little tower, and then the roof. It's just one weapon upgrade mat though, nothing big

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Is there any good bow upgrades in Limegrave or early areas? Feel really underpowered using the base longbow you start with.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I've fought 4 main bosses until now and I'd rank them difficulty wise:
1. Margit
2. Goddrick
3. Renala
4. Red Wolf lmao
Besides the easiest of the 4 I would put the other 3 in the top 5 of From's hardest(If I counted Crucible Knight he would be 1 by a mile)

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Boss kills me, Rock Sling kills her, respawn at the Stake of Marika and grab all my lost souls, profit!

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Question about specific offline invaders / red phantoms:

I took the long elevator by the imp statue up from the underground river area and the path led me to a giant pot boy surrounded by three invaders. I'm guessing I need to kill all three of them in a single sitting but they have a ton of HP. Can someone spoil for me what I get for defeating them?

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Just another thing, how do you recommend I approach bosses, keep focusing on R2 attacks almost exclusively or spamming Bloody Slash when the enemy is open? Bloody Slash is OP but the downtime is risky

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Respeccing for INT and rocking the full Carian knight set as a spellsword is the best thing I've done. Magic is so fun.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just jump off as it's going up, he will follow and he will die. So will you, but so will he and you still get his drop.

I just managed to do it by surviving all the way to the top with him, then reactivating the elevator with him still on it. I jumped off before it went down but he dodge rolled off the side and died from falling damage. Thanks for all the ganks, Moongrum!

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe no one has the platinum yet. I hope we get some guides soon on the missable / vague side quests.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
This is the first Souls game that I haven't used any guides in (I asked where to buy sorcery spells here once). Are the rest of the bunch all WAY better without guides or is Elden Ring just on another level?

Nah, DS2 was cryptic af. But Elden Souls (i refuse to call it Ring now) has a lot of DS2 in it, coupled with the huge world it is on another level.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I wonder how many character storylines I've messed up thus far. I might have to just accept it and then follow a more detailed guide on NG+

I think I just got invaded by one I failed lol

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out if anything is needed to summon Vyke as an invader? Or am I to assume this is yet another bug with the game? I'm going to the area being asked of me, making sure I did all of the dialog to get there, and still nothing. Seeing as one quest was blocked via a glitch (that can be solved in-game, thank goodness), I'm assuming this is yet another one, too.

This game is looking like it's going to need patches to iron out mechanical stuff besides the technical issues...

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, the design of Stormveil Castle is kinda blowing my mind? It just winds and weaves and leads you back into places you aren't expecting, like goddamn From Software chill out lol you don't need to flex this hard 😳

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Why is my attack so weak? Have been using the twin blades +4 since the beginning. I'm currently using quality build with around 30 str and dex now but my damages haven't changed much at all. I even tried using the great sword but the dps is even worse.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
chclY4V.png

So begins my first souls game. (Saudade of Sunday was to long)
I haven't really been posting updates on my time so far but at ~12 hours, level 35-ish? and beaten Mergit (and some lion dude in the south, not sure why he gave an achievement) I needed to share some takes:
  • I don't think I can adequately describe the hatred I felt for existence in it's totality when after a couple of nights wishing I had more/better flasks I had found that I had the items needed all along.
  • There was a point where I was getting bored of getting killed by Mergit and getting bored of going through caves/dungeons/whatever and getting killed by whatever boss was at the end that I took to just exploring with Torrent and I have to say it was oddly fun to do
  • During said exploration I got an NPC who had a shack named after them killed when the mob I thought I avoided bit through the wall*. I hope they weren't important
*I'm not saying Matthewmatosis was right, I'm typing it with my fingers :p

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Why is my attack so weak? Have been using the twin blades +4 since the beginning. I'm currently using quality build with around 30 str and dex now but my damages haven't changed much at all. I even tried using the great sword but the dps is even worse.
R1 attacks in this game are almost useless, R2 and Jumping R2 are the only basic attacks I find somewhat good but the jumps can whiff a lot

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

If you have 30 STR and 30 DEX you probably need to upgrade your weapon a LOT.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Arcane pays dividends VERY quicky it seems
I farmed the entire Cleanrot set in like 20 minutes earlier. Also I've been hitting bleed on enemies and bosses like crazy.
I only have Arcane at 20 too. Enemies must be walking loot boxes if you have it at like 40

R1 attacks in this game are almost useless, R2 and Jumping R2 are the only basic attacks I find somewhat good but the jumps can whiff a lot
For bosses I think this is true for the most part although I've been getting bleed much more frequently by using R1 with the katana.
Charged R2 (and/or weapon art) and jumping R2 are where it's at to break stance though.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Just beat one of the "big" bosses towards the South East. It doesn't matter how many summon signs the game wants to throw at me, I will refuse to summon.

Although I'll say I'm consistently disappointed when a boss that I feel should be easier takes me longer. There was one (HIDDEN TOUGH BOSS TOWARDS THE EAST) Godskin Apostle that felt challenging yet I didn't mind dying over and over because I knew I was doing low damage and thusly it was all about the gittin' gud. The one I just beat (the "big" boss), just felt like I didn't do as well as I should've. Also didn't help that I just whiffed some of the Square Off attacks because of the hitbox. Probably woulda gotten 'em faster if I actually landed some of those hits.

Such is difficulty, I suppose.

Also the basic longsword Square Off is so busted. It's basically carried me through the whole game. Either making up for lower damage against "late" bosses I found early or stagger locking. Absolute goofballs.

I've fought 4 main bosses until now and I'd rank them difficulty wise:
1. Margit
2. Goddrick
3. Renala
4. Red Wolf lmao
Besides the easiest of the 4 I would put the other 3 in the top 5 of From's hardest(If I counted Crucible Knight he would be 1 by a mile)

Because of the way the game is structured, #1 definitely *can* be relentlessly difficult. I actually fought (very early accessible boss) One of those big tree snakes in the starting catacombs before I even could level up. It was exceedingly fun and what helped me learn just how bonkers good Square Off is. #1 and successively #2 simply reinforced that idea. I straight up did not explore any of the open world until after I beat #2. They were challenging but not overwhelming.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I don't get quickstep. It feels slower than my roll and enemies are still just hitting me when using it with ease.

I didn't find quickstep very good. If it was a default ability ,it wouldn't be so bad but giving up something much stronger for it feels like an unworthy trade off.
It's certainly no bloodborne evade+gunparry.... but that's a different gameplay style altogether.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
question, about joining a cause an NPC offers:

is it wrong or do I have any punishment if I join someone's else offer, like rannis offer, or the guy who claims to be next in line for the throne, if I already was joined one or the other? or any for that matter? can I keep joining them if I get the prompt?

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Could it be the scaling of Twin Blades isn't that high? (I'm not sure what the scaling is)

In this game, weapon scaling scales with weapon level (so a twin blades +8 has more base damage AND bonus damage from your STR/DEX), so if those scalings are D or C then that would explain the low damage.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get quickstep. It feels slower than my roll and enemies are still just hitting me when using it with ease.
You probably need to dodge just a bit later. I was finding it wasn't working until I forced myself to wait a split second longer.

It might not be a massive use if your dodge is faster, as a greatsword user it is a godsend.

It's the only way I managed to beat Margit:

It does use FP though... which is a big downside for some.

However, one of it's biggest strengths is that if you are locked on it also spins around to the back of the enemy if you time it after they do any kind of forward moving attack, which means you are in position for a strike right away which can be very helpful.

rn98vz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.