• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
OK I have a question in I think it's
mistwood.

There was a glowing tree
and wheh i interacted with it, a green ghosr appeared and started walking. Unfortunately i saw a huge bear and had to attack it immediately so i lost the ghost. I went back to the tree but it diesnt reappear. Where did it go and or did i miss something?
The lead to dungeons typically and will sometimes troll you by walking into danger intentionally. You can keep distance and observe its path next time you come across one.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I played for over two hours today and still can't figure out where to go to continue the main story -__-

And I don't wanna look it up either. At least I found a ton of new places.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Redmane castle is disappointing. Annoyed with all the doors that don't go anywhere, and I killed the two lions for absolutely nothing.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared Castle Morne last night. With a super safety build that is 100% shield and barricade I basically only died when I greeded to much or took on too many enemies at once. Still have some area I want to explore in Lingrave before tackling Margit, but honestly I feel like I had my money's worth already in this game just by exploring.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is off the top of my head but looking at that video where it loads up in 19 seconds on the X machines the ps4 version on th eps5 is still faster.
It is usually a few seconds (3-4) longer to load than the ps5 version from my testing. This is installed to the ssd, not external or anything. For sure worth it for the smoother frame rate atm.

Thanks that's definitely helpful. I think I'm leaning towards PS5 at the moment (figure I'll give the native version a shot first and if the framerate is too noticable then switch to PS4 version) but Series X version with the benefit of VRR is also intriguing to me. I also have some friends who'll be playing on Series X so the option for co-op is also appealing to me, but honestly not sure if we'll even do that, so figure I might as well get the version with the best balance of performance and load times (though might change my mind again lol).

billiam

Oct 28, 2017
Just have to say I was laughing my ass off when I got to
caelid ruins with the exploding fire skeletons and murder flamethrower trucks

Was great to get 8k runes from the one enemy which I'm not sure was a glitch because the rest were like 1.6k? Unless first enemies grant more runes than subsequent kills?

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
I hope Castle Morne is a one off and the other interiors are more in line with From's level design because I expected a "Castle" level to be much more intricate and well designed that what we got. Super disappointing.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
The open world is definitely starting to show some flaws
Is that an Erdtree? Gee I wonder what will be waiting for me? Surely not the exact same boss fight for the umpteenth time with barely any variance?
There's so many of the same dragon fight too lol.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Pro tip. If the generic foot soldier enemies alone are taking you more than 3 or so hits to kill, the boss will probably one shot you.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Game is becoming a chore for me. I enjoyed progression in game and with my character in Bloodborne much more.
I'll put this down for a while.
I've put in 20 hours so far.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, just lost 25k exploring a place I shouldn't have and died again so I can't get it back lol :|

I should finally go beat Stormveil lol

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
question about how to get somewhere. location name spoilers.

I have beaten raya lucaria academy. how do you get past the broken bridge that leads northeastish from the main academy gate? i fee like i'm missing a portal or something. i've gotten to other areas by going through the ruin strewn precipice, as well as east liurnia, but those don't lead me to the landmass where the bridge goes. /SPOILER]

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I love the game, but I don't think the open-world is really enhancing the game design, apart from stumbling into nice secrets that is.

I was much happier playing Sekiro than this to be honest.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
I think i'm fuckd with this quest (late game quest)
The door of Seluvis is blocked and the only thing Ranni's say is this:

FMu0JZbX0AIqjlD

I can't open the chest on eternal city and the wolf head dude is not on the river.

Help :(

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I've never gone this long solo'ing a Souls game, and I could see myself going all the way on my own. Not because Elden Ring is any easier than the Souls games (though the radical non-linearity absolutely helps progression) but because I've gotten better over a decade of hard lessons.

Is Elden Ring a Strand Game

Yes.

Keep on keeping on.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Do smithing stones ever become more plentiful? Or do I really need to hoard the hell out of them and be afraid to use any?

Just pick 1-2 regular weapons to upgrade initially and one unique. Early on the smithing stones seem kind of rare, but eventually you'll have a large surplus of at least the first two kinds.

Real talk, 35 hours in, nearly all the map fragments gained, I've yet to see that part myself. This game is so huge its so easy to miss all sorts of things.

You can hear him calling out for help when you're in the vicinity. He's in Limgrave.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Honestly, playing on prioritizing framerate on the PS5 version is not that bad.

It's a huge difference from quality mode. I tried that and panned the camera around and it was a juttery mess that would give me a headache in 15 minutes. Framerate mode should no doubt be a locked 60fps but even currently it's sooo much smoother in comparison, I honestly have no idea how people play this in quality mode.

Last edited:

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
You typically dish out more attacks faster with dual wielding weapons. You can stun lock many enemies with constant barrage of fast attacks and such. You take the risk of going for lots of fast attacks by not having any defense essentially

I tried to notice a difference between the attack speed with the same weapon in both habds and dual wielding and noticed no difference.
that was the reason I questioned the purpose of it.

Dual wielding same type weapons gives you a unique moveset. It's called Power Stancing. It tends to be...difficult to actually make it work without dying all the time because it's so offense based, but hey it looks cool.

how do I make use of power stance?
I used two swords and didnt notice a different moveset as when I used a sword and an axe.
maybe they were two differen sword types though

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Was great to get 8k runes from the one enemy which I'm not sure was a glitch because the rest were like 1.6k? Unless first enemies grant more runes than subsequent kills?
Rarely enemies will have glowing eyes which means they give 5 times as many souls, that's probably what happened.

Oct 25, 2017

enemies with glowing eyes drop 4x runes -- not a glitch :) (they're seemingly random)

Oct 25, 2017
question about how to get somewhere. location name spoilers.

I have beaten raya lucaria academy. how do you get past the broken bridge that leads northeastish from the main academy gate? i fee like i'm missing a portal or something. i've gotten to other areas by going through the ruin strewn precipice, as well as east liurnia, but those don't lead me to the landmass where the bridge goes. /SPOILER]
the same way to you got to reya in the first place

you can interact with the rune near the bridge of the reya side to teleport you to the other side

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Ah damn it servers are down. I'll be honest I was beginning to depend on my message ratings for heals.
I just went about an hour through stormveil castle without finding a site of grace, not sure I can be bothered to do it all again
Yeah I get that feeling too, I was searching desperately for a grace that was actually inside the castle for a long time. And then I just offered myself up for summon help and enough runs showed me where the nearest site was.

billiam

Oct 28, 2017

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I love the game, but I don't think the open-world is really enhancing the game design, apart from stumbling into nice secrets that is.

I was much happier playing Sekiro than this to be honest.
Oh man, personally I feel like this is exactly what Soulsborne has been missing. Fromsoft has given me back the feelings of playing Dark Souls 1 for the first time, where the mysteries and possibilities felt endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.