• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I've ended up in some crystal tunnel with enemies way too strong for me and there doesn't seem to be any way to teleport out..

Yeah, that place sucks. From where you start, run towards the bottom of the area, there should be a path that leads out towards a grace site. I don't know if you can fast travel from there or if you need to venture outside and find another site in that zone. Don't worry if the horrible guards kill you, just consider your runes lost.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Killed the tutorial area boss at lv20, jesus christ From is on crack. This is going to be my favorite game ever.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
for example I beat Gael first try and then there are people
Gael took me 45 minutes to an hour

Midir and Friede where like 3 hours.(midir was 5 hours real time as I came up with strategy)

Twin princes and soul were 30-45 minutes

Speaking of strategy since Friede I know to just back up and get out of combo heavy boss.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Beware the Telescope

If you are looking with it and press backwards and roll, it will roll forward instead. Just jumped off a cliff doing that.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Found an armor set and tried it but now my character (Samouraï) always fall on the ground after a dodge. Is there a factor I should pay attention to ?
Look at your equipment load, it's probably over 70% and saying heavy load, there's three types of rolls depending on the load
This is the first Souls game I honestly don't get how to parry properly, the timing is miniscule, jeez.
They fucked it up in 3 and they didn't fix it

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I can't kill that elite guard with the pike you run into at the first major camp. I may need to git gud. Or level up a bit.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
These comments don't really make sense. Reviews are meant to judge a game as the complete package. art, style, design, technical etc. stating major issues shouldnt be accounted for (when digital foundry themselves stated to avoid the PC version) just is looking at this blindly

People reviewed the game based off their own experiences. It's not surprising that those who play a lot of different games across a lot of different platforms for a living might be more tolerant to performance fluctuations well over 30fps. Not everyone has the knowledge, experience, sensitivity, or tools as the Digital Foundry crew. There is no conspiracy to suppress Elden Ring's performance issues, just like there was no conspiracy to cover up Bloodborne's frame pacing issues, or DS1 not even being able to hit 60fps before Durante's fix.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
So I picked nun or whatever thinking they had shoot spells, now realizing arcane is shoot spells. Can I just start building towards arcane so I can get shoot spells?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have it I think, but yeah I'm scared what kind of monster he was on the test because he's already top 3 hardest From Bosses for me, if not the hardest.

My main problem with him and Elden Ring in general is the delay of the attacks, I'm better against faster bosses because if I dodge the attack is instant, but if it has delayed a dodge too early is death for sure.

Yeah, I understand that. Key to beating him is learning to hold that dodge for sure. I actually like that about him, it's kind of a standout attribute for this boss. You'll get him down for sure. I highly recommend a bleeding weapon with poison coating on top, it will about half the time it takes to down him.
If you need more help, find (character spoiler, beware) Patches, he will sell an item that binds Margit exclusively to the ground temporarily. I don't know how good that is, since I only found him way after.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
The world is really huge...and there are so many secrets and mysteries, its ridiculous.
It's absolutely astounding.

I was worried. I'm not going to lie. A friend and I were talking about this last night. Breath of the Wild, as weird as it sounds, feels like 70% open world and 30% Zelda. If that makes any sense. I was worried it would be like that. No. This is a pretty even 50/50 and it's…the best open world of all-time??

Last edited:

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
I just defeated
dragon on lake Agheel
And without a doubt Elden Ring has the best horse-mounted combat of all time. It was pretty simple, but it was one of the most hype boss fights of all time. Is the first time I've ever really cared about a horse in a video game. He has a health bar. He's my friend. I had to back off and heal him at one point. The boss fight would have been insanely difficult without him. Just out and out amazing.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I'm running through this crystal tunnel desperately trying to find a singular smithing stone (1). I think that lowest-tier upgrade item may be the rarest resource in the game

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Grafted blade Greatsword.

rnxKDz.png

thing is super fucking tight reminds me of the iron throne

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think Godskin Apostle should be the 3rd boss I'm fighting but things have just grinded to a halt without any smithng stones (2).

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beat Godrick. The Souls fatigue I get with every game is starting to creep in. I still want to play, at least long enough for me to be able to one-hand the Greatsword, but I'm starting to have a few hang ups about the boss design. He was at least easier than Margit.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. I'm almost done with the second region and another one has completely opened up, how big is this game...

This massively worries/excites me as I've spent close to 10 hours now just messing around in the Network Test area. Loving it though - it's exactly what I hoped it would be but I don't know if I'll ever get it done at this rate!

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I just defeated
dragon on lake Agheel
And without a doubt Elden Ring has the best horse-mounted combat of all time. It was pretty simple, but it was one of the most hype boss fights of all time. Is the first time I've ever really cared about a horse in a video game. He has a health bar. He's my friend. I had to back off and heal him at one point. The boss fight would have been insanely difficult without him. Just out and out amazing.
I honestly suck at the horse combat, I die way faster than on foot.
Look at your equipment load, it's probably over 70% and saying heavy load, there's three types of rolls depending on the load

They fucked it up in 3 and they didn't fix it
3 I actually parried a bit, but here it's awful, like frame perfect shit

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I thought I was super thorough clearing out the weeping peninsula but I just peeked at a map and man.. I missed like 3-4 caves.

Gonna try and avoid checking that stuff too much, worried it might kill the fun. Maybe in a future playthrough!

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Another thing.
I just found the underground part of the map.
when Omni referenced it I had no ideas THIS would be what he was talking about. Holy Shit this game is amazing and huge.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This massively worries/excites me as I've spent close to 10 hours now just messing around in the Network Test area. Loving it though - it's exactly what I hoped it would be but I don't know if I'll ever get it done at this rate!
I thought I could bang this out in a few days but that's definitely not happening. I now understand why so there were so many 'reviews in progress' when the embargo dropped.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I mean whatever issues people have with Cyberpunk's gameplay/bugs, performance wise it launched fine on PC and is pushing next-gen tech stuff that a year later still makes it the best looking game out there. In comparison the impossible to avoid stuttering in Elden Ring is very frustrating.

My head has started to adjust so it's not as annoying but it's there and the easily the most severe of any DX12 PC game. Doesn't make sense that there wasn't a pc network beta to test issues given everything got data mined anyway.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
As an Astrologer, I'd like a new staff, or a new spell, or.... I'd settle for some new clothes. After 15 hours nothing for my Astrologer.

I have some maces, a couple of different swords, a few new shields... None of which are useful to my Astrologer.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I thought I could bang this out in a few days but that's definitely not happening. I now understand why so there were so many 'reviews in progress' when the embargo dropped.
I thought I would beat this in a week since I always beaten Souls in 4-5 days and this is bigger...

That certainly isn't happening

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I mean whatever issues people have with Cyberpunk's gameplay, performance wise it launched fine on PC and is pushing next-gen tech stuff that a year later still makes it the best looking game out there. In comparison the impossible to avoid stuttering in Elden Ring is very frustrating.

My head has started to adjust so it's not as annoying but it's there and the easily the most severe of any DX12 PC game
I must have really lucked out because although I have stuttering, it's inot as severe as it was day one. My experience has been mostly good if not great since I adjusted the Nvidia shader cache settings and went offline.

It's not ideal to play offline, but I normally solo first play through anyway.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Im not reading much in here, I'm still enjoying my blind play through. I fucking love this so much. There is always something else to do when I feel like I'm stuck. The world is insane, this really is something very special.

I'll put 100s of hours into this game holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.