• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Anyone else feel the horse combat is really not that bad? As long as you know that the attacks create cones on the sides of Torrent you should be fine. Also the instinct is to keep moving but it's better to stop for a few hits and move on.
I think it's really fun. I just charge up my flail, watch it spin directly into their bodies, and then see the blood loss hit just before running away or doing it again. It's very satisfying.

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think im a slow player at all, and im just now at about 20 hours, and i'm just about ready to make my way out of limgrave for the first time (well despite some fooling around in an area where i was lighting pedestals… and some other brief shenanigans elsewhere).

i'm curious to see if they can maintain the density of this game for the rest of the areas.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
My kingdom for smithing stone (2). Is there anywhere or anything that can be farmed? I've gotten quite a bit of everything else up to (5) but I've been bottlenecked with my weapon for a while now.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I see y'all talking about incantations spells and summons and shot, when do I get all that?

I've collected some summons from 2 mini bosses, can I just equip them? I did but they're grayed out, so I need to be in boss combat to use them?

I kinda want some ranged attacks so I'm assuming magic is that. I'm a vagabond so just have sword and shield right now

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can get the two soldiers summon while in Limgrave it makes a lot of bosses a lot easier. They've got an ok amount of health, are decently aggressive and one has a crossbow so you can even get some kiting action going if you position them right at the start of a fight. They made Margit a breeze combined with the sorcerer NPC.

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
Can you upgrade armor in this game? The blacksmith and smithing table seems to be able to upgrade weapons and shields, but not armor?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Finally beat Margit and made it to the castle. Went through some door, fell through the MF floor and a silver knight obliterated my ass.

That's some cruel stuff man. I was feeling myself for 30 min and From put me right back in my place…sigh.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
There is this lady in the roundtable who wants to touch my hand. Since this is a souls game I have a feeling she will sap my strength or something. Should I let her?

Also is there an order for the story bosses or can you do them whenever you find them?

Anyone?

Also do fletched arrow do more damage? Shows no stat changes

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
The best early Spirit Summon has to be the
Rotten Stray
right? That thing seem to have some major DoT that keeps ticking even when it's killed.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Got to say, really appreciate the charitable placements of Grace/Stakes,. The few bosses that I've faced so far have had those points very close by and it's made me enjoy those fights a lot more. A nice change after the Demon's Souls remaster!

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
6 hours in and I still haven't beaten that first boss. I'm exploring and I have gotten back to him a couple of times with no success. Still, I have found a ton of cool stuff and bosses that I can actually kill in the meantime.

Also, playing the PS4 version on PS5 and I don't think I have had any frame rate issues at all.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else running Bandit?

I'm finding the bleed effect damage on the knife really helpful but it really sucks when you run into an enemy it doesn't work on. I found a really good dagger on an invading NPC near the jellyfish which has a projectile skill.

I'm wondering as character using a bow just how much arcane is helping me craft arrows. I just wish I didn't have to massacre the local wildlife, always makes me feel like an asshole killing eagles and squirrels etc

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Where can i find a staff to cast magic? Been playing for 20h and still didnt stumble on one... i dont think someone was selling one, but maybe i missed the obvious

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I just need a spell that does a new type of damage in the Hope's that I can start actually hurting some of the things that seem tough to my pebble

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Anyone else feel the horse combat is really not that bad? As long as you know that the attacks create cones on the sides of Torrent you should be fine. Also the instinct is to keep moving but it's better to stop for a few hits and move on.
After 10 hours I figured out that holding the left trigger will swing my sword on the left side and horse combat is, quite literally, twice as good now lol.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Went down the most unassuming elevator in the overworld and my jaw dropped when I got to the bottom. This game is nuts.

manlisten

Oct 28, 2017
Think I just had my first positive learning experience with the game. There's a miniboss in a small cave that I tried to take on a couple hours in. Could barely put a scratch on him. Just spent the last few hours leveling up, nailing down the combat mechanics, picking up better weapons and gear then tried again. Took him out on my first try. Like lopping off whole chunks of HP with each swing. Got damn that was satisfying lol. Now to find more manageable encounters to keep the momentum going.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Crucible Knight was a battle for sure, damn. Def the hardest boss I've encountered so far personally.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Any tips for the boss after the starting area stone keys?

Edit: nevermind the answer was to dodge better lol.

Last edited:

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Wild Strikes is hysterical. I absolutely clobbered the Mad Tongue guy in Roundtable Hold by just holding down L2 with my giant sword.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if I'll get an answer because of how fast this is moving, but regarding Ashes of War -

Is there a reason that some skills I can swap off weapons but not others beyond weapon type? For instance I just got a Rapier with Glinstone Phalanx on it and I can put it on other weapons and vice versa, but I have an Axe with War Cry but I can't equip it on my other axe (both are Standard 1H Axes).

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Is it easier to parry with a smaller shield? Dumb question but first time using shields in these games

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Just found a decent-ish rune grinding spot that require barely any work. Just run to point A to point B, kill some guys (or not but it'll get more runes), and wait for a few minutes to gain some runes.

Though you only get around 3k-4k.

Anyone know of another good spot to grind?

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
I havent had adrenaline playing a game in a loong time

this godrick motherfucker, he was one shot, I was one shot, no more healing left, I can tell you my heart was beating as fuck.

I love this game

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
A. whos idea was it to make L3 get off your horse what a bad idea

B. my shield is now a turtle shell

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Because I've beaten almost every Souls game only using the starting gear and no summons, never had troubles this has been the first game of theirs I've struggled,it's a self imposed condition because if I summon I don't consider I beat the fight fair and square
I'm confused by this. They give you these tools at your disposal because it's part of the core gameplay loop. You beat the boss fair and square if you don't use cheats or glitches. Using in game items and summons don't mean you are fighting unfairly.

Serious question, do you upgrade and use healing or do you consider that not playing fair?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
So I just teleported to a random area with swirling Tornados around a collapsed city with flying dragons. This fucking game man.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Man, this network issue with xbox really sucks! I have been playing (and really enjoying) 8 hours of the game so far, but the lack of online interactivity makes me want to wait it out until it is fixed.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
veteran souls player here. how do I summon spirits? like, how do I equip a spirit to summon and then what's the button for summoning them?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was so sure I'd never use the horse for combat and then he goes and helps me beat a boss, it's so fluid and fun to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.