• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy, did a small dungeon in the beginning area and the scream of pain of my female avatar every time she gets hit by a bigger boss attack is just the worst.

Otherwise interesting experience so far. Surprised how hard they push the coop aspect so far. Feels like every loading screen seems to talk about nothing but that.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
So, did I made a mistake by downloading the PS5 version on PS5? Performance is bad on resolution mode. How is the graphical difference between PS5 native vs PS4 BC?

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
~2 hours in and this game is incredible and everything I expected. So much stuff to discover and so much weird stuff already. What even is this game...

Game is incredible so far, but God damnit I keep wasting heals trying to crouch or get off the horse by pressing square instead of clicking in the trigger after playing so much Horizon

Haha I must've used my flask about 10 times inadvertently due to this...

This is def the hardest start for a Fromsoft game so far and I love it. This game is just phenomenal.

Yeah I was under the false impression I would breeze through the first few caves I came across... I was wrong.

Taking a break from the game, wanted to listen to the soundtrack but it just keeps launching the game.
I bought the deluxe edition on Steam and when I go to the folder where the OST supposedly is and launch it it just boots the game up.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

It seems like when you first open that .exe file in the OST/artbook folder it tries to open the correct program, then it just closes and loads the game... weird.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
So the usual leveling pattern work here as well? Health early game then start building out your weapon stats? I know past souls games leveling weapon stats didn't provide huge damage boosts to me it seems, but having a bigger health pool helped for sure.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
<3

I might just say "fuck it" and buy it digitally... and if the doorbell rings and I get my copy in 2h, welp. Maybe resell the PS5 disc? lol

I just want to play this week-end and I don't even know if it'll arrive this week-end aghrhdhtfjtjyh
Sorry to hear that, Morrigan :l I hope it arrives soon.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I think you misunderstood me. I'm asking WHERE to get weapons. I don't know where to get that great sword for example
I explained above in one of my first replies to you :p
<3

I might just say "fuck it" and buy it digitally... and if the doorbell rings and I get my copy in 2h, welp. Maybe resell the PS5 disc? lol

I just want to play this week-end and I don't even know if it'll arrive this week-end aghrhdhtfjtjyh
I'd probably do the same, lol. And yeh, you can always sell the disc! Game is worth it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I checked the fort a did not a see or pick up a great sword. Is it a special drop from an enemy?
Only thing at the fort is a really good Ash of War. If you want a greatsword, you need to:
Go to the bottom of the map, there should be a merchant to the West that sells a Zweihander for 3000 runes

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Uhh how do I access my pouch exactly? The pop up message says "from 'pouch' in main menu" but I don't see it on my main menu, inventory, it equipment. I realize I'm probably being dumb but ???

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wonder how many people will bounce off the game with Margit. They expect you to explore first to beat him but they guide you there so quickly that I feel like people will follow the natural instinct to repeat the boss until they give up or win. And you see that with some of the hour counts people are taking in terms of attempts.
Yeah I wonder that too. It's quite like Lady Butterfly in Sekiro. I fought him a few times and decided to bounce. I'll be back some day...

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Godrick is just insane. just insanely fast, huge explosions everywhere. Got him down to 1 quarter health on the first try but damn.

Okay so this is only after 8 hours and only seeing the first "island" of the overworld or whatever you wanna call it but...
I really don't think the game is all that great so far. in fact, I think the Open world detracts from some of the level design I've come to love from these games. Instead of diverse areas interconnected with each other I got cave 1 and 2 and catacombs 1 and 2, each consisting of 2-5 rooms and ending in a mini boss that doesnt have anything to do with the actual progression, so it feels less rewarding to beat them.
The bosses themselves definitely follow the Bloodborne/DS3 school of design with super fast combos that need good dodge timing, but I don't know, here it feels like they overdid it.
The overworld is...pretty I guess. Fairly boring otherwise though. Guess they can't really put too much good loot in the overworld because too many people might miss it.
And I've only been to the first big castle as its own oldschool like area but I couldn't tell you if that castle is what I call good level design either. All that rooftop stuff was just confusing as fuck (to me, at least). And so many dead ends without items!

Again, Im not super far into it yet, but...meh

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
What should I be trying to tackle first? I'm a Hero class (Sword + Shield), I've levelled up twice, and I can't find a better weapon. I have the horse, and I've found a couple of areas:

1. Coastal Caverns
2. Gateside Ruins
3. Limgrave
4. Sofia River Well

But I can't kill any bosses, and it's hard to even kill trash mobs. Is there an easier area I should look for, or should I just "git gud" and press in these areas?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using a greatsword with quickstep on it, switching between it on its own and with a shield depending...

When I'm using just the greatsword, should I always be holding it in both hands, or is it a matter of deciding which you prefer: heavier strikes with both hands, or quicker with one? I'm assuming the latter, but want to make sure.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't connect to the online service. This is amazingly frustrating.
It's fucking weird. I usually party up with somebody in my household and they can't connect at all. But I've had zero issues all day yesterday and today. We're connected to the same router ffs.

And we just wanna do jolly cooperation already.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Godrick is just insane. just insanely fast, huge explosions everywhere. Got him down to 1 quarter health on the first try but damn.

Okay so this is only after 8 hours and only seeing the first "island" of the overworld or whatever you wanna call it but...
I really don't think the game is all that great so far. in fact, I think the Open world detracts from some of the level design I've come to love from these games. Instead of diverse areas interconnected with each other I got cave 1 and 2 and catacombs 1 and 2, each consisting of 2-5 rooms and ending in a mini boss that doesnt have anything to do with the actual progression, so it feels less rewarding to beat them.
The bosses themselves definitely follow the Bloodborne/DS3 school of design with super fast combos that need good dodge timing, but I don't know, here it feels like they overdid it.
The overworld is...pretty I guess. Fairly boring otherwise though. Guess they can't really put too much good loot in the overworld because too many people might miss it.
And I've only been to the first big castle as its own oldschool like area but I couldn't tell you if that castle is what I call good level design either. All that rooftop stuff was just confusing as fuck (to me, at least). And so many dead ends without items!

I can't believe someone would call the over world boring. It's the exact opposite. It's compelling, it's fascinating, it's brilliant, it's incredibly well designed to let the player explore. Also there's LOTS of good loot in the over world. The devs know where to hide it and they know not everyone will find everything.

Oct 27, 2017
Game is looking noice. My wretch still naked. Got some new weapons but need to upgrade my dex and str.
Exploration is so good.

FMczQgtXoAYY7Q0

if anyone is one uses NVIDIA experience the game filters really ass color and vibrance the base game looks really washed out.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Unbelievably frustrated to the point where I'm already regretting my purchase (though I hope it's just the temporary rage talking)

I was having a blast exploring the early sections of the open world, but then I came upon an early story related fight.

Mad Tongue Albrecht

It's probably one I'm able to skip and come back to later, but I told myself it's such an early encounter and if I want to have even a fool's hope of beating this game, I should have perseverance until I take it down.

Two hours later and I want to delete the damn game from my system. Jesus.

It wouldn't be so bad if I when I got it down to below a certain threshold it wouldn't
DRINK A DAMN POTION AND COMPLETELY HEAL ITSELF.

So I dunno. Maybe some advice or words of encouragement here? This game has one of the most incredible art design of anything I've ever played, and the exploration has been great so far. But if I'm getting this frustrated this early on, my fun:rage ratio will not be worth further time investment.

Sigh!

Use the summoning feature to get help from someone. It's fun and something that's supposed to get used.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017

I honestly agree with you on the mini-dungeons. They feel almost procedurally generated and most of the bosses in them are just standard mobs.

Huge disagree on the open world though. I am loving just riding around.

Oct 29, 2017
Could only play two hours right now but I'm having so much fun.

- explored only the nearby area, finished the mini dungeon with the watchdog and cleared the camp once
- the new moves are simples but make the combat feel so much better
- torrent is great, I really like the traversal here
- enjoying the mounted combat too, it's fun enough
- gonna try fighting the tree sentinel some more and then explore south then the beaches

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I'm avoiding this thread to not see spoilers but is anyone else annoyed that the auto HUD option doesn't hide the damn compass? Because I am. Shits infiluriating me.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
The game looks stunningly beautiful.

Its the best looking FROM title so far.

I dunno if the game becomes uneven later on.

Also, I adored the opening scene which calls back to Demon's Souls. Stunning art and images that get your imagination going.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
I hope this game picks up because its pretty boring so far.
I'm on a Series X in performance mode. The graphics looks like something from xbox 360 (higher res). Do any of these lights have shadow?
I switched on quality mode and still no shadows. How odd.
I mean I can look over graphical stuff, but the combat (training) I did so far was pretty odd (not fun). The controls... the animations, wtf. It feels very old school controls and combat.
I've never played any of the other games in the series so maybe this is to be expected.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda annoying the MP is completely broken on xbox and not a word about it so far.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing on PS5 and I don't think any sort of rumble is working. It's turned on in the settings. Is it just so sparingly used that I haven't noticed it?

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the servers borked? Playing on PS5 and I get a message about parental controls and it fails to login.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Opened a chest in the Dragon Burned Ruins and
Holy shit it got teleported to an area on the other side of the mapp, inside a hellhole mine.I got out quickly and it got worse lol.Somehow i ended up finding a lost grace and even got to the Roundtable Hold.Also found a NPC and he told me to find a needle or something

But that area was insane visually probably hard as hell to.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, question. I've got this Storm Stomp Ashes of War for my Uchigatana. Quality brings the physical damage stats down but increases the + to base as well as my Str and Dex on the weapons from D to C. What's more important?

Status
Not open for further replies.