• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poison Swamp?

• Poison Wheel, Poison Deal!

Votes: 448 54.2%
  • Hmmm...I'll wait.

Votes: 378 45.8%

• Total voters

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
You can play Elden Ring this month, but it comes with a large poison swap section. OR you can wait for its scheduled released date and the poison swamp is replaced with an innovative new area you've not seen in prior FROM games. The rest of the game remains the same in either version. What say you?

FancySlushyHound-max-1mb.gif

Oct 25, 2017
It's a meme, but I like poison swamps...

The problem with Blighttown was the one hit toxic dart enemies, not the swamp.

naff

Unshakeable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
i mean, if the poison swamp section is good

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Blight town is the best level in Dark Souls (if it's running a good frame rate)

so yea give me elden ring now please

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy the poison swamp levels. They do exactly what they're designed to do - break up the formula and get you moving differently for a while.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Only bad poison shithole was Farron's Keep, but only because the concept was so played out by that point. It almost seemed like they did it out of obligation. "Solaire reference: check. Andre: check. Poison Shithole: Check".

Valley of Defilement and Blighttown are some of the best parts of their respective games. The only problem with Blighttown was that it ran like shit but that's not a problem anymore.

Brentos

Oct 28, 2017
Was I the only one that really liked the poison area in Bloodborne? Anyway, the poison areas in all of the souls games are usually some of the most memorable - so bring on more, I say!

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
All dark fantasy From games must have a poison swamp. This poll is really asking "do you want the game as it should be right now" and I don't think Elden Ring fans will answer no.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point we should just pray there is only one Swamp area.

Dark Souls 3 had like 3 different Swamp Areas, and it's possible that ER could try to top that number.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Swamptown with Shrek-like demon enemies sounds like the best possible zone in the history of video games the more I think about it.

Naked green ogre men chasing you with big blunt weapons, completely unphased by the forced walking posture the player has to engage in, and when you aggro one you aggro an entire crowd of them.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
The swamps have been dumbed down with each new entry, the swamp in DeS was the only serious threat. Now they're just annoying, and dark souls 3 had enough swamps to cover from soft's entire career.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
If it's a SWAP and it's poison it also contains the best items / sorceries / pyromancies / weapons in the game. DS3 and DS1 has enough items to set you up for endgame. Prove me wrong or let me get sticky sick.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
The swamps have been dumbed down with each new entry, the swamp in DeS was the only serious threat. Now they're just annoying, and dark souls 3 had enough swamps to cover from soft's entire career.

Mostly this. The poison swamps are one of the places where From is completely unable to tell the difference between tension and tedium. Stop beating this dead horse.

naff

Unshakeable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
poison swamp field. navigate the wide open expanse of a poison swamp while dragons on rails rain fire down on you cowering beneath broken carriages and other debris littering the landscape as far as the eye can see in all directions

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring later with no poison swamp but a trailer gets leaked so they add one in anyway.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
There's a charm to big poison swamp maps. So, yes, give me Elden Ring!!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
You know honestly Valley of Defilement was a very memorable location, all the more so because of the incredible plot twist where you find out how and why it's in such a twisted fashion. Fighting Garl Vinland just felt....wrong, and incredibly sad.

latest