• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
So everything was true. Fucking excellent

The initial rumor was:

-Published by Bamco ✅
-Fully open world
-A bunch of kingdoms you can go to in any order.
-Get abilities from killing leaders of these kingdoms.
-Might be announced at e3. ✅
-George RR Martin is one of the lead writers ✅

Probably safe to assume the rest is true as well (to some extent, since we don't know how involved GRRM is).

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited but ... does anybody else find the name kinda lame? I dunno. It's so generically fantasy sounding.

I'm sure the game will be amazing but if a few days ago somebody leaked the name I wouldn't have believed it.

I could definitely see it being the name of some mobile game tbh.

But let's be honest, "Dark Souls" isn't exactly the most original name ever. Could be a fantasy anime browser game. Heck didn't someone find some old PC game called that?

EDIT: the logo though is super cool. Love it.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
someone's getting fired over this leak
so the official name of great rune is revealed
can't wait for the reveal trailer

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
a medieval fantasy about a magic ring sounds like a world i want to explore. i wonder why no one has made a world like this before.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Look we have this new game!" is not a good things to be excite about :( ?
Your standard is quite high.
I would argue that there's a schedule of everything and info that developers would not want to feed player unready information before the game is solid.
And modern game market wouldn't let a larger game dev survive without the early hype period for each projects.
Something like a debut trailer is always beneficial.

Jason and others sum it up nicely

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they also had some trailers ready for the conferences and not just images tease that were on the site, otherwise they just lost all the wind in their sails due to bad website design.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I see Jason is trying to sell a book tho.

That's a hard eye-roll.

Hope they also had some trailers ready for the conferences and not just images tease that were on the site, otherwise they just lost all the wind in their sails due to bad website design.

If that was all they had, there was never any wind to begin with.

I'm sure there will be at least a teaser trailer of some sort.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
lol these companies need to be better in protecting their games secrets. I would've liked to be surprised with the proper announcements instead of these leaks, but oh well. Can't wait for the trailers.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
well yeah but that was still just a rumour floating around that got reheated when grrm posted on his blog that he's consulting on a game
this is literal proof

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
We know Elden Ring is not an exclusive, it seems that it'll becoming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC since it's being published by Bandai Namco

If it's being released in 2020 (be that March/April, or later) do you think we'll see PS5 and Xbox Scarlett versions, perhaps in 2021?

Remember the timing of Dark Souls II. We got an announcement trailer in December 2012, which was all CG.

Then we got the a realtime trailer at E3 2013. Here is a video of it at the Microsoft E3 press conference.

I don't know if it was also at the Sony E3 press conference in 2013, but that trailer is known as the "I Am Undone" E3 trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUotRSRjrGQ

There was also 12 minutes of gameplay with IGN / FromSoftware interview at E3 2013

Obvious next gen consoles had been fully revealed, and would arrive before Dark Souls II was out on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Then at TGS 2013, we had the Aching Bones trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-o2KMm-5tQ
This was clearly realtime, but had to have been running on PC. Not only did it have all the lighting and graphics not found in the retail game, but the trailer was 1080p and 60fps.

Dark Souls II released March 2013. FromSoftware was asked about Dark Souls II coming to next gen consoles (PS4, Xbox One) but didn't give a definitive answer.

Next came the Crowns trilogy of DLC later in 2014.

Then Scholar of the First Sin was announced November 2014, and released at the start of April 2015, right after Bloodborne had released on PS4 in late March.

Sorry for the long rundown of the timeline of DS2. I could've just said it was at first only for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, releasing after next gen PS4, Xbox One were out.
Then got DLC, Then remastered for the new consoles and PC with all DLC included.

I really wonder how things are going to go with Elden Ring since it is most likely coming out sometime in 2020, just as we're going into next gen.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Seriously. People are worried about it being open world, but Souls/Bloodborne like combat is self-contained and can be applied to a larger play space.

One of the strongest aspects of souls games is level design.

And Honestly I don't like wide open FROMSOFT areas by comparison.

Their areas are usually better the more condensed they are.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
When this rumour first started I just automatically assumed Miyazaki wasn't directing because that would have been too perfect. This may be a controversial statement to make but I think GRRM's weakest area is world building which is something Miyazaki excels at. This could be a match made in heaven.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Well what they gathered from another thread is that there will be spelunking and I imagine it will include some tight twisting caverns etc... just speculation I guess. (=

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Pretty shitty. Can we just wait the last hours before the reveals. Like whats the fucking point of leaking something that is so close to reveal.

But well we already kinda of knew of it so whatever and it was apparently a accident on their part.

Pretty hype to see what they have cooking up though.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm sorry but that name in that font (with capitals on each side) makes it look like a Chinese mobile game based on The Lord of the Rings.

Stoked to find out more, though. Miyazaki can do no wrong.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Bandai Namco leaked the game themselves. Not me. It was already being posted everywhere by the time I posted it.

I was wondering what happened to have all 3 of those show up at the same time. Thanks for shedding light on their goof as I was very curious how it went down.

Shiptari

Oct 2, 2018
Wow! What a fantastic collaboration! I already love the logo and I'm so excited to see the reveal trailer.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
God of War (and admittedly Marvel, even if its In Name Only) has my Norseometer a bit full I guess.

I'd rather something new like Bloodborne. Or at least something not as explored like say, Egypt.
I mean sure, but you haven't seen the game yet. They could/will have a different take on this. It's just weird to me to say a setting decides that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.