• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the logo is the box art too because it reminds me of a mid 90s PC game cover... like can you not just imagine that thing printed on a giant-ass box sitting on the shelves of CompUSA?

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With all these leaks I think E3 needs Roca Pads
anigif_sub-buzz-24838-1478651052-2.gif

George is okay, but I'm in because more Miyazaki.

This man speaks the truth.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
If people already got impressions that go way deep, i'd hope for something more than CG for the reveal.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
The same could be said about Miyazaki. He just released a game where he claims directorial authorship. Exactly how much input is this guy having in these games?

He gives the general direction of the game and supervises production,but he's not anymore in day to day development. They credit him as a director nonetheless,because fans worship him as a god and if his name is not there,they become angry

Teuthex

May 31, 2019
if that was the case,they would just name it Elder Ring,like Elder Sign.

This is either the norse meaning of Fire Ring or Elden is a newly created word on this new universe,maybe a race or something.
It is already a word though. It is an archaic verb meaning "to Age". They would also possibly want to avoid the word "elder" due to its association with other game series.

Both meanings are equally possible at this point, and it might even be a newly created world based on "Eldritch".

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Elden Ring | OT | Player* Fought Valiantly, Player Fought Nobly, and Player Died.
Elden Ring | OT | GRRM Sends His Regards
Elden Ring | OT | For the Night is Dark and Full of Terror
Elden Ring | OT | What Is Dead Will Die Again

* Replace with Chosen Undead/Ashen One/Good Hunter/etc. as needed

Nardonicus

Oct 26, 2017
Weren't there rumors about From switching to Unreal Engine for future titles? Did they ever confirm that? Wondering if this might be their first game on it.

Can't wait to see more.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
There should be a fair amount of crossover between their fanbases, I think. If you appreciate deep, expertly crafted worlds, rich in history and lore, both have work that's absolutely essential.

Funny, though, this will be Miyazaki's fifth game since the fifth ASOIAF book dropped in 2011. Hopefully he rubs off on George a little.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring | OT | Player* Fought Valiantly, Player Fought Nobly, and Player Died.
Elden Ring | OT | GRRM Sends His Regards
Elden Ring | OT | For the Night is Dark and Full of Terror
Elden Ring | OT | What Is Dead Will Die Again

* Replace with Chosen Undead/Ashen One/Good Hunter/etc. as needed

"If you thought this E3 would have a Bloodborne 2 trailer, you haven't been paying attention."

Sigh.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome to see this confirmed, but imagine the internet-breaking madness that would have resulted if none of this had leaked in advance...

When the idea of GRRM and From was first floated, it seemed completely implausible. An out of nowhere announcement would have been shocking, but watching that rumour go from impossible to real had it's own charm.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we've established dreams can come true, can someone please get Hideaki Itsuno & Joe Abercrombie in a room together?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
PS4, huh? I kind of figured the next big FromSoft title was going to be next-gen.

That said, hard to get hyped about this without knowing anything about it. Get back to me when Soulsborne-like gameplay and character customization are confirmed.

kaishek

Oct 30, 2017
Texas
I'm so hyped by this that I can't properly process it. Two best fantasy minds of the last 25 years collabing. Jeez louise.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is already a word though. It is an archaic verb meaning "to Age". They would also possibly want to avoid the word "elder" due to its association with other game series.

Both meanings are equally possible at this point, and it might even be a newly created world based on "Eldritch".
D8fpjK5WsAAVaCj

by the swedish translation fire ring, the image looks like fire rings
and its a variation of a traditional celtic knot just insert another circle in the middle
three-sign-black-rings-symbol-white-circles-ring.jpg

i think its more likely to be norse, sure could not be, but there's some indicatives though.

Status
Not open for further replies.