• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
www.resetera.com

Elden Ring Global Release Timings News

We're getting closer... Also, Review embargo is supposed end this Wednesday, February 23, at 7:00 AM PST. In case you miss this tidbit from the image below: https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/elden-ring-global-release-timings You can check out these threads while waiting for...
yeah, so preload should be up then right? 48HRS before unless its 2 more hours for me. which would be 6PM

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Is it quicker to just download on launch or decrypt the preload?

I have a gig connection.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even remember the last time I bought a $60 retail game at release but this will likely break that streak. Still holding out for reviews to see how the PC version is.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the kind of difficulty between (modern) older Fromsoft and newer Fromsoft is completely different. The difficulty of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls comes from there being very few checkpoints and environments that are hard to navigate because the corridors are narrow and the enemies don't stagger. It's not straightforward to push through and it's easy to get trapped or fall off a ledge or whatever. But actual fights are really easy for the most part.

If I'm being quite honest, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls aren't difficult. They're just really, really annoying and tedious.

Thankfully that changed with Bloodborne. From then on, with Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro following, the difficulty is actually fun because it isn't predicated on an enemy blocking your path on a narrow banister, causing you to accidentally fall, forcing you to backtrack the last 5 minutes. Fucking yawn.
Its called luring enemies to an arena of your choice. Why the hell would I fight something on a tightrope. Its a major element of strategy.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
how does the leveling work in this one? Im assuming it's the same get souls>spend souls, just kind of wondering if you still need an npc for that

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
A Song of Grace and Gold is a good OT title and was the clear winner

But also....there was arguably vote splitting lol:

Screenshot-20220222-143947.jpg
Wth? The Todd Howard one was winning by a landslide when I voted and there were way more options. Did they seriously do a another round of voting? Smh!

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A part of me wishes I didn't see all that and the other says fuck it that shit was awesome lol. Honestly I could have done with just the first 30 seconds, the scope of the land is beautiful.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the game on PS5 as I do for my first run so I can coop with a friend.

I always buy a second copy to play on my pc after we coop and use that version for my single player escapades.

Found out that PC is releasing 6 hours before PS5. Would i be a total scumbag if I play for those 6 hours without my friend and then played it again at 9pm my time when it releases on PS5?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I think I'll just watch it since I won't be playing the game until late March most likely, so I'll probably have forgotten what I saw by then.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i just got a digital promo code for preordering elden ring but have no idea what it is and the amazon page doesn't state it comes with one. anyone know?

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
It's been in other trailers, so I can't believe it took me this long to realize the main motif of the piece in the first half of this trailer is almost identical to the Demon's Souls theme. Probably a coincidence since it's such a simple melody, but when I realized I was like woah.

The less hyper-bombastic "trailer music," but of course still very grand piece in the second half was a very nice surprise, it's been way too long since these games had music that was clearly a real orchestra. Was Bloodborne really the last From game to have most of its soundtrack not be sampled? The Dark Souls sequels and Sekiro were real steps down in comparison, and it's unfortunate that more very generic bombast is still headlining Elden Ring, but I hope we get as much of the real stuff as possible here.

The tech they have going on in cutscenes in this game is way beyond what they've done before, the scenes at 1:15, 1:27 (damn this one looks good) and 2:09 look remarkably CG-like. Very impressive. This game's lighting and materials are clearly a step up in general, but they really shine in controlled circumstances like these compared to general gameplay which often looks unfortunately flat because of the demands of this game's scope.

That's an... interesting shot to conclude on. What the heck is that even? After all that spectacle that's what you end on? Weird lol.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
holy shit I can't believe this trailer spoiled Michael Wilson and his mech from metal wolf chaos being this game!

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Bloodborne for the first time in preparation for this. I'm so ready!

Are you guys getting it on Series S/X or Ps5? For consoles users obviously.

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna play a character that has a combination of weapons and magic which one should I start with?

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna play a character that has a combination of weapons and magic which one should I start with?
either prisoner or confessor are probably the most natural paths there.
Prisoner is more about int/dex. So will use more glintstone based magic.
Confessor is more faith/strength so will get more incantations/heals/pyro stuff.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Me too, but my god am I about to explode. I am limping to Thursday and Horizon: FW is not holding me like I thought it would. My excitement has gotten the best of it. It's a great game, but it cannot overcome my anticipation for ER.

I literally find myself spacing out at work and watching the clock in some sort of countdown anticipation. It's almost assuredly not a healthy state of mind. All the comments about how amazing the trailer looks make the wait even harder.

Every time I open steam I just look at all the games I could play, whisper "but it's not ELDEN RING", before genuflecting before my 8x10 glossy of Miyazaki and shutting down my computer.

I cannot wait for the life-changing experience come Thursday. I think we may see our first 110 metascore game.