• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Sounds like a highly ambitious title. Wouldn't surprise me if this is next gen or coming late 2020.
There was no gameplay or window whatsoever.

Expect a gameplay reveal at E3 2020 1 year from today, and then expect the release date to be 2021, the year after. .. with potential to be late in the year and even delayed into 2022.

It is definitely not next year with a showing like this. It will go through one or two E3s with gameplay showcases before launch.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said the other thread before reveal, it sounds like new "souls" with better story and that's all I want.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Thank goodness.
Especially considering how dull and forgettable Wolf was.
ezgif-4-46acce347760.gif

Why does it hurt the creators vision to put an unlimited health option in the menu settings?
Because his vision involves triumphing over great odds.

Expect a gameplay reveal at E3 2020 1 year from today, and then expect the release date to be 2021, the year after. .. with potential to be late in the year and even delayed into 2022.

It is definitely not next year with a showing like this. It will go through one or two E3s with gameplay showcases before launch.
Do you know something we don't?

All recent FromSoft games have followed the pattern of: E3 CG trailer, Gamescom gameplay footage, and next year's spring release date.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this is going to be the same kind of jump (or bigger) we got going from Demons Souls to Dark Souls.

It's really crazy to think about, and I'm super excited. The trailer we got showed some amazing lore potential.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
With Cyberpunk and FF7R recently being confirmed in releasing early next year, I have hopes that this holds true for From's game as well

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Why does it hurt the creators vision to put an unlimited health option in the menu settings?

Miyazaki's selling points include the bliss from overcoming odds not to mention how it adds to the narrative of games.

giphy.gif

Past From games have been released in less than 1 year windows since their CG debut at E3s.
Not to mention we have a reputable insider backing up the release window

Last edited:

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Since GRRM's on this, I'm hoping this is far more narrative driven than From's previous games. Got my interest!

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
After looking at shit on the internet could the Rune/Symbol on the giant that gets stabbed by spear dude at 1:24(gotta frame by frame it) be a Tree of Life? Definitely getting tree feels from it.

Also the guy hammering...It seems like at some point there is a woman who was with him or she broke the ring at one point as well?? Maybe i'm crazy but I'm seeing 2 different people at 1:40 and 1:50.

. Miyazaki saying he sometimes can't contain the excitement about the lore is nuts after the amazing worlds he has created.
This is honestly what makes me most excited. Dude sounds incredibly giddy about what theyve created. If this story/lore tops BB for me, I might just die.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
This + Omni's post the other day = somehow causing my hype for this game to surpass that which I did not think could be surpassed in my Cyberpunk hype. What a time to be alive.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
Everything sounds promising. I definitely wanted more Dark Souls.

I prefer it not be too dialogue heavy but we'll see how that goes.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
So excited for this! Anything from From and Miyazaki is an instant buy for me anyways, but adding Martin and making it somewhat open world sounds incredible to me. I can't wait to see more.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He says it's different from anything From did before and they never used "open world" to describe their games before so probably something truly open. Not just seamless but a big wide open world with a big fields to explore leading to more linear individual areas probably.

My hope that we'll finally be able to visit the lands on a given starting characters description will be somewhat fulfilled!

Oct 27, 2017
Do you believe this title will turn out to be a very From-like and challenging game?
M: Yes, I do. The importance we place on the joy the player experiences through overcoming challenges will be the same as it is in our other titles. I believe it will prove to be a very satisfying experience. Earlier I had said that this title focuses more heavily on RPG elements. This title will include a wide variety of weapons, magic, and ways to engage enemies, that make it possible to provide users with a style of gameplay and strategy that suits them. Even when compared to the Dark Souls series, I believe this title will provide even more variety in the ways for players to overcome challenges and tweak their tactics when facing enemies.

giphy.gif

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
As expected, GRRM had minimal involvement apart from establishing some of the lore.

Did you think he was programming and directing too? He didn't just write a couple lines of lore either ffs. Sounds like everyone involved is excited and energized by the mythos and characters he created for it.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
This game sounds fantastic and right up my alley. The character and monster designs were amazing.

I will have to read Fevre Dream now lol.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For everything Omni stated about this being an evolution and pushing things forward, thats probably why I dislike the cgi trailer the most. It gives no clue about how this is going to be different from souls. If they didnt give a title and we didnt get clarification or leaks, most people would assume that was just dark souls 4.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Suuure, the man only has shelves full of the highest honors in fantasy and science fiction writing. But ok
Remind me how many Hugo awards has Miyazaki won?
That has nothing to do with it.

Miyazaki's games don't have traditional narratives, and I think that's something worth preserving.

Whirlpool

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll make friendly civilizations in this game, being that they're going for more RPG features.

Bloodborne is much better with it than Souls, but there's always implications of normal-ish civilizations in the world, but you'd never know because the world has convinced you that everything wants to kill you. And when you meet a friendly NPC, they seem insane. lol

Res

Oct 25, 2017
For everything Omni stated about this being an evolution and pushing things forward, thats probably why I dislike the cgi trailer the most. It gives no clue about how this is going to be different from souls. If they didnt give a title and we didnt get clarification or leaks, most people would assume that was just dark souls 4.

I know how you feel. If I can't get gameplay I at least want to hear people's impressions. Let's hope Miyazaki is there to present a closed doors alpha to the press or something

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
I agree the CGI left me thinking cool From game and not much more considering what Omni had mentioned. I get it's just a teaser and I am super excited regardless.

However my takeaway from this "reveal" is that the images of disembodied arms and prosthetic attachments seen in the CGI might have relevance to when Omni said this game would push certain mechanics further. Maybe we get to mod our characters body which could be interesting, but all the rest of their riddles have yet to be seen. We have lots to look forward to.

Last edited: