• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Elden Ring surprisingly has a ton of neat homages to its own games and some popular IPs. These are some of the ones I've seen but was curious if people caught others.

Lord of the Rings
-Has pretty much the most literal Eye of Sauron tower you can make.

Bloodborne
-During the second phase cutscene of the Marik fight they use the same shot from the Bloodborne Ludwig fight where the character pulls the sword close to their face.

-During the Godrick second phase cutscene they do a shot zooming into his mouth and he exhales like he has cold breath, the same shot is in the Gascoigne fight cutscene.

Sekiro
-Golden centipedes can be found as a common item used by the holy order. Centipedes were a huge plot point in Sekiro.

Game of Thrones
-A powerful sword found early on is comprised of a number of swords welded together looking very similar to the iron throne.

Godzilla
-A late game boss is a mock Ghidorah. The boss is a lightning dragon that looks very similar to Ghidorah. The boss only has two heads, but clearly has a stump from a third that was cut off.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Intro song is a variation of the Demon souls one.

The book guy has basically Saurons's helmet?

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
Irina is a blind woman who hails from Castle Morne. She is somewhat related to a quest where a woman wishes to become a Finger Maiden.

In DS3, Irina is a blind woman from Carim, protected by a knight who wields Morne's Great Hammer. Her quest is to become a firekeeper.

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
Radahn and Father Gascoigne breathing
QuaintFrenchBellsnake-size_restricted.gif

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The tree bosses are basically Asylum/Stray Demon re-skins.

Finding the Roundtable Hold in the real world was a la BB and DS3 (I just got to this area yesterday!)

Alexander is this game's Biorr/Siegmeyer, helping him out of a jam along the way.

The Catacomb dungeons where you find the lever to unlock the door to the boss is the same as BB's Chalice Dungeons.

The Miralda/Maneater Mildred type NPC invader.

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
There's a cathedral area where you fight a boss that is remniscent of Sulyvahn's cathedral in DS3. Even has the pillar-elevator and all!

Also the Nameless King's weapon type (swordspear) is used for another boss in the same area.

Nicenberg

Mar 21, 2021
Blaidd's armor set states that "the cold bothered him anyway", a reference to the Frozen song "Let it go".

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Berserk hill of swords reference. Then again Fromsofts entire library post demon souls is a berserk reference.
Could also be tribute to Miura.

Memorial-a-Kentaro-Miura-em-Elden-Ring-voce-sabia-anime.jpg

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder if they put a hint od their next game, like they did with Dark Souls 1 to Bloodborne and Bloodborne to Sekiro.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Irina is a blind woman who hails from Castle Morne. She is somewhat related to a quest where a woman wishes to become a Finger Maiden.

In DS3, Irina is a blind woman from Carim, protected by a knight who wields Morne's Great Hammer. Her quest is to become a firekeeper.
Woah, I completely forgot about Irina in DS3. Good catch!

D, hunter of the dead is a reference to Vampire Hunter D's main character

d-hunter-of-the-dead-npc-elden-ring-wiki-guide.jpg

STK679441
Bloodlust is still one of my favourite anime films to this day.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I wonder if the inverted Carian Study Hall was a reference to the inverted Castle in Symphony of the Night.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
alexander and the pots just have fighting game moves. Alexander has a shoryuken and i'm pretty sure the small ones do tekken 10 peices. godfrey when he kills the lion is just jinpachi

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it still cheating to say the invisible walls and Moonlight Greatsword are King's Field references and homages? Or is that so baked in we're calling it "obvious?"

Oct 27, 2017
Did they add the Dark Slayer sword?

I always find it weird they added the moonlight greatsword yet the dark slayer is nowhere to be seen.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Bloodhound's Fang weapon is clearly a Bloodhound Gang reference. Miyazaki has stated many times they are his favourite band