• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
unknown.png

thanks a lot, that's great!

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Just got my plat in ds3 yesterday. I now have them in every from game, so I can't wait to do it again in Elden Ring! My first time being in on a from game at launch and I'm so excited!

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Honestly I can't believe that in october I scheduled days off to play Horizon and Elden Ring in february and both games held their dates. I feel blessed and lucky.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on that PC online hacking issue?

Really wanted to play this online at launch, but this issue sounded pretty wild from what I read.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Well, the "earth shattering" is a bit of a strong phrasing, but I do believe that it has potential to heavily influence open world games space going forward. Won't be surprised a bit if some new OW games 2-3 years from now will be like "yep, they' have taken notes from ER specifically".
If this game is as exploration focused as it seems, I really hope it does.

Open world games are at their best when just walking around, having something catch your eye, and going there to discover what's there is a viable, fun gameplay option. That's what I'm really hoping for from Elden Ring's open world. IT seems like an obvious thing but I can't help but feel like a lot of modern open worlds are more focused on the technical achievements of the world, rather than how much fun it is to really explore.

I think we've been seeing a small return to that kind of world design over the past few years, since BOTW very much put an emphasis on that kind of exploration. But I hope Elden Ring's impact is even stronger (assuming that its good, of course).

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Just the beta, which was slightly worse than the PS5 version, but not by much. Each one imo ran poorly and needed better optimization. I'm just going to wait for DF, but I'm hoping the Series X version gets improved because I'd rather play it there since the PS5 version made the coil whine on my PS5 go absolutely nuts.
Thanks. Yeah, I have MS Reward points to unload so I'd get it for free. But I play third party anything on Series X anyway. Hope it's good enough. It's From, so I have to cross my fingers.

I think we've been seeing a small return to that kind of world design over the past few years, since BOTW very much put an emphasis on that kind of exploration. But I hope Elden Ring's impact is even stronger (assuming that its good, of course).
I'm curious in what way it could be stronger of an influence than BOTW. That's a tall hill to climb.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
yeeeah! can't wait. if i only buy one game this year it's gonna be Elden Ring. well, assuming BOTW2 gets pushed to 2023.

none of the other games come close. my year of gaming might peak 2 months in.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Can't wait.

So you expect it to be the worst From game, why is that?

To be fair that's just critical reception.

A newer game in a series can be better than the previous ones but still review worse, sometimes due to reoccurring flaws that are less easy to forgive over time.

Let's hope From address some of their previous flaws here

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Nice. Second best game of february after Horizon.😉
eh...i'll probably get Horizon at some point but i'm gonna need to wait and see if they fix the issues the first game had. At least with Elden Ring i have some kind of idea what to expect.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only game I have no qualms about preordering (including mainline Zelda and BGS games).

Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
yeeeah! can't wait. if i only buy one game this year it's gonna be Elden Ring. well, assuming BOTW2 gets pushed to 2023.

none of the other games come close. my year of gaming might peak 2 months in.
Well if BOTW2 really doesn't get delayed...then we'll have Elden Ring, BOTW2, God OF War, Horizon and Starfield.
Someone should really just turn off the internet for Game Awards.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Will wait for Series X/PS5 comparisons when the game drops before deciding which version I'd like to play.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I heard if you put the disc around your finger like a ring you get teleported to the Elden world

Send this email to 5 people or you will get sucked into your TV next time you boot the game!

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish this didn't get pushed back to February. This is too close to Horizon coming out...not sure which game to choose.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
I cannot wait ! There has been no greater experience for me for last gen like being there day one for Bloodborne and Souls 3 . Figuring stuff along with the community was such a blast ! What does this do? What is that over there ?? WHAT DAFUQ IS THAT THING???

Kazen

May 31, 2019
I honestly think this game will be a new evolution of good open world design.

It looks so enticing to explore, no need for check marks, just player curiosity and good rewards.

I can't wait

AnimeAvatar

Apr 28, 2021
Selfishly was hoping it be pushed back somehow so I'd have more time to try and get a PS5 but it comes out in a month and PS5s are basically impossible to get so PS4 Elden Ring here I come...woohoo...