• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I'm new to PC gaming so I have to ask, is there any particular reason PC versions of pre-orders unlock earlier than consoles?

PC launches are generally one time globally. A few big games buck the trend but it's not the norm. Maybe it's just a pain to set up rolling release times on Steam? Maybe they want to try to consolidate Steam concurrent numbers as much as possible? No idea why, just how it usually works.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
NEW ZEAAALLAAAND!

f07de4c922882ff96d9685436bf53fad.gif

Provided Digital Foundry doesn't report anything catastrophic about the Series X version, being able to play a full day early first thing Thursday morning makes it an easy choice, especially if the micro stutter issue on PC is legit. Plus, I have enough MS Reward points to cover it in full.

Suddenly only 2 more days!

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
So there are no adverse effects of moving to New Zealand time? I just need to keep it there until after Elden Ring launches in my region then swap back?

Oct 28, 2017
ahh man, the PC early release is tempting, but i'm really worried about my old rig performance-wise. i have 6700 and a 980TI

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Oh nice, that coincides with my one day trip to New Zealand. I'll see all my fellow Xbox mates there.

Putzballs

Nov 5, 2017
I'm preloaded on XSX and that damn Elden Ring daily tweet about how many days left till release makes my body vibrate.

I haven't been this excited about a new release since Battlefield 2042…. Elden Ring won't disappoint though.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wait, do I have this right? PC London gets unlocked 13 hours before PC Berlin? Why would they do it like that?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so this time I see the global release info, thread. Will be no complaining from me, lol.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Mmmm, I'll buy and preload on PS5 the day before if my local shop don't break street date.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Might have to cancel my gmg preorder. Not worth saving the money and risk getting the key late.

Oct 27, 2017
NEW ZEAAALLAAAND!

f07de4c922882ff96d9685436bf53fad.gif

Provided Digital Foundry doesn't report anything catastrophic about the Series X version, being able to play a full day early first thing Thursday morning makes it an easy choice, especially if the micro stutter issue on PC is legit. Plus, I have enough MS Reward points to cover it in full.

Suddenly only 2 more days!
Well about that DF report...

Digital Foundry have agreed to not publish Elden Ring performance analysis before the day one patch

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Hell yeah, midnight local time. I haven't watched or read anything about the game except for the initial trailer. I am so ready to go in blind and just lose myself. I can't wait for Friday.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Great, they ignored Indian Standard Time.

At least it's a global release, so it seems it'll unlock at 4:30 am for me. Takes me back to when I woke up that early to play Dark Souls II. This is going to be good.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
hope amazon delivers the ce on the 24th :p

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Greenmangaming gets my code to me on time too.
Hoping the same here as well.
Speaking of which, does anyone know if Greenmangaming sends out codes prior to release often? I haven't bought from there before and I'm curious
Would like to know this as well. Hope GMG sends codes out on time and we don't have to wait until midnight or the next business day Monday or something, that would suck.