• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
In the opening conference at Gamscom From could show a controlled gameplay trailer without bugs or incomplete parts.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Who will be the brave one to give us that shaky cam potato footage?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I love Demon's Souls, Dark Souls (yes, even 2) and Bloodborne.

I hope this game re-ignites the souls genre for me. I loooooove Blodborne. But felt the fatigue during the DLC. I skipped Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro because of that.

Very interested in Elden Ring.
... You have two awesome games you could play right now.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This just adds more fuel to the rumor that the gameplay won't be publicly revealed until the TGA's.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
I just hit up my press contact at Bandai and he told me that the game won't be at Gamescom at all, this is some false information. A couple of weeks ago I already inquired about the game and was told it's a no-show, so I was surprised by this news. Turns out the game probably still isn't ready to be shown. I wouldn't be surprised if it really will be shown only at E3 next year.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda want to forget this game's existence because the waiting is killing me.
And i'm not even talking about waiting for the release date,a short gameplay trailer would be more than enough right now.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Eat the press. ....wait...that's not how that works.

I just hit up my press contact at Bandai and he told me that the game won't be at Gamescom at all, this is some false information. A couple of weeks ago I already inquired about the game and was told it's a no-show, so I was surprised by this news. Turns out the game probably still isn't ready to be shown. I wouldn't be surprised if it really will be shown only at E3 next year.
e796c1c5aa7cbba1ac9ce4570fe0d832.jpg

You liar!

No I can't wait that long! Please dont do this to me....I have a family.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
So instead of E3 behind close doors followed by Gamescom public demo this time it might be Gamescom bcd and then demo at TGS.

Hopefully.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck...privately? Omni talk to someone about how they reveal their games/show off actual footage! I'll give you like 500 schnickels

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

I hope this game re-ignites the souls genre for me. I loooooove Blodborne. But felt the fatigue during the DLC. I skipped Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro because of that.

My first From game was Bloodborne in 2015. I didn't get it when it was new. I don't even remember what prompted me getting it... I'd never played a game like that at the time and considered it a risky buy. I loved it so much but heard it was really different from Dark Souls and was afraid I would dislike the "slower, clunkier" combat, so I decided to wait for a remaster expecting it to be right around the corner.

However, we have a cruel and hateful God, so Dark Souls Remastered didn't come until May 2018. Still, I bought it immediately and loved it like I never knew I could love a video game. I loved it so much I immediately played Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 as well. I played nothing but Dark Souls from May to October 2018. I finally got my platinum in Dark Souls 3 the day RDR2 came out - which was my deadline - and I was finally able to move on to another series.

But I've felt a tinge of longing ever since. The greatest tragedy of From RPGs for me is that eventually there are no more to play. I loved Sekiro but it's not really comparable at all. Here's hoping Elden Ring delivers on that longing I've felt ever since I got that last Dark Souls 3 trophy and realized there were no more to play. Except Demon's Souls of course which is also in desperate need of a remaster so I can actually play it.

I like that, despite our very different relationship to the Souls series, we both hope it ignites something special in us. May we both get what we want.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

There it is...

R.I.P Thread

Muntaner

May 12, 2018

Breaking our dreams like this. You are a cruel person.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Again w the 2021 talk 🤒 you guys are crazy...this is Q3 2020 the latest

Really dont get why this known site would post fake info regarding the game being shown to the press.

Im certain we'll get gameplay before the year is over but im hoping we dont have to wait until tga.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Again w the 2021 talk 🤒 you guys are crazy...this is Q3 2020 the latest

Really dont get why this known site would post fake info regarding the game being shown to the press.

Im certain we'll get gameplay before the year is over but im hoping we dont have to wait until tga.

The thing is, we have nothing concrete about a release window yet. Do we?

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
The thing is, we have nothing concrete about a release window yet. Do we?
We know its current gen
We know for the last 3 games fromsoft had less than a year from reveal to release
They have already talked about gameplay which isnt something they did for sekiro when it was a year+ out
Insider omnipotent wouldnt be that specific about his clues if the game was 1year+ away

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
So it WILL be at gamescom in some dorm after all.

Can't wait for potato camera footage <3

Edit: oh

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Sheesh, seems like unlikely early 2020 release.

Still hoping for Sekiro dlc later this year...I need my FromSoftware goodness.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

No way game will not be shown until 2020 E3, I'll avatar bet anything, it just doesn't make sense.

Bamco probably don't want to show Elden Ring and kill the already poor momentum Code Vein has.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I don't know if this is actually true, but I hope that, in the event it is, they at least have a story trailer to show the setting properly.

The CG trailer would have been really great had we not known anything about the Martin collab, but as it stands, it was relatively non-descript in its environments and I'm really curious to see what we might get there.

Especially now that it's a bigger world.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
How trust worthy is this info? I've heard this is one of the bigger Russian videogame sites, but you never know

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't this thread be locked then?

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Sekiro is pretty different, you should try it one day.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't this thread be locked then?

Thinking about it, this is a major magazine publication in Russia. They mentioned Elden Ring specifically, and they have no reason to lie. The writer of the piece responded to a comment questioning if Elden Ring will really be at Gamescom.

"Accurate. The show will be behind closed doors, so there is nothing to announce to the public here."

I think it's safe to say Elden Ring will be at Gamescom in some capacity. I hope the public get's a epic gameplay trailer per usual as Fromsoftware does.

Last edited:

kinjx11

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
i bet it runs like DS like they ported the animations library from DS to cut the development time by at least 30%

Oct 25, 2017
Can I at least get a few screenshots? I think I'll pass on press impressions. If I'm not getting to see it myself, I might as well wait to see it while playing, instead of getting spoiled for no reason.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Omni pretty much confirmed game awards pressence
Dont expect to see anything else prior to december but I'd love to be wrong. Surely this recent push on social media seems to be building up to something

Status
Not open for further replies.