• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ronin | Rin |

Jul 13, 2021
Alright, so Vaati's video has an enemy that wasn't in the network test within the first minute, and he explores new areas as well, so the one video I was hoping to watch gets the "no from me dawg" treatment.

THANK YOU! I have his video queued up because his thumbnail said "But I don't want to spoil it". Not long from now guys and gals! Keep that spirit strong!

I wouldn't mind seeing just the character creation options and the class stats, but I wouldn't think such a video would exist by itself. If someone wouldn't mind sharing the stats on all classes, that will be fantastic!

Drachen

May 3, 2021
I watched Vaati's video and wish I hadn't lol. Discovering the painting mechanic on my own would have been such a cool thing...

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
So this basically confirms that the Souls dude on Twitter was lying.

Also, the one journalist who posted about the feeling when you play a new game and it makes you appreciate the medium all over again with a gif of Nic Cage from Con Air...he must have been referring to Horizon FW, then, which is what I figured 😉

They were playing Sifu and Horizon.
Imran tweeted this ''I love that feeling of playing a game and going "Okay yeah this is a GOTY contender." and day later said it was talking about Sifu.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm trying to go in pretty blind but has anyone said how performance is on Xbox series X or Ps5?
That's my concern right now

YouTube digital foundry elden ring. They did a performance analysis of each version in the closed network test.

tldr: ps5 performamce mode is between 1520p and 1800p and fluctuates between 50-60fps. 4K mode is solid but fluctuates between 30-45ish FPS. No real graphical differences between the two modes sans resolution. Series x performs a bit worse than this with lower dips.
no idea if anything was changed to get better performance. It seems like running around quickly on the horse is what gives the biggest dips

Oct 25, 2017
YouTube digital foundry elden ring. They did a performance analysis of each version in the closed network test.

tldr: ps5 performamce mode is between 1520p and 1800p and fluctuates between 50-60fps. 4K mode is solid but fluctuates between 30-45ish FPS. No real graphical differences between the two modes sans resolution. Series x performs a bit worse than this with lower dips.
no idea if anything was changed to get better performance. It seems like running around quickly on the horse is what gives the biggest dips
Thanks will watch it

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Game looks almost too overwhelming for me in the sense that I'm afraid of where I should go or what I should do.

Cerulean_skylark

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Game looks almost too overwhelming for me in the sense that I'm afraid of where I should go or what I should do.

i used to have this reaction to open world games and all I can say is, don't worry about it. Just play and explore and go where your fancy takes you. There seems to be some diagetic guidance mechanics a la ghost of Tsushima, so if you want to just follow the critical path, you can.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Some of Easy Allies impressions already getting me worried.

Mentions that at least one boss has been reused. Boss reuse was the weakest thing about the Chalice Dungeons from Bloodborne, and it seems to be likely that some of these smaller dungeons will have a pool of similar bosses to be retrofitted.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
THANK YOU! I have his video queued up because his thumbnail said "But I don't want to spoil it". Not long from now guys and gals! Keep that spirit strong!

I wouldn't mind seeing just the character creation options and the class stats, but I wouldn't think such a video would exist by itself. If someone wouldn't mind sharing the stats on all classes, that will be fantastic!
www.youtube.com

Elden Ring - Character Creation | Classes | Origins | Gifts

Elden Ring - Character Creation Preview | Starting Classes | Origins / Races | Giftshttps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg1v_Cogsd7MDPn2r6tV_PF8Gu0nkyLqo ...

They're all shown here. Though in the background the official footage is played which shows some light spoilers maybe.

NVM Fextralife wiki already has just the stats for each class: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

Last edited:

Cerulean_skylark

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Mentions that at least one boss has been reused. Boss reuse was the weakest thing about the Chalice Dungeons from Bloodborne, and it seems to be likely that some of these smaller dungeons will have a pool of similar bosses to be retrofitted.

i mean in BOTW there were like 20 fight based shrines that all had the exact same enemy but with a different weapon. having a pool of reusable mini bosses with interchangeable weapons or move sets for the mini dungeons when there are plenty of fully realized actual bosses is the LEAST concerning thing imaginable.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
My two open world concerns are still density (which previewers seem very bullish on) and cheating myself out of some great encounters due to unintentional overleveling from exploring in a different order. Like turning Artorias into Pinwheel or just waltzing through an an area unchallenged.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
alright people

I don't want to read the previews. But I do want to know their inclination.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being extremely positive and 1 being extremely negative, how positive are the previews, overall?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
alright people

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being extremely positive and 1 being extremely negative, how positive are the previews, overall?
Gameinformer from the other week was a 15/10

These are all 9,9/10 or full marks.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
alright people

Definitely between 9 and 10. Very few concerns, if any. Lots of rumbling about setting a new standard for From games.

tris20

Aug 25, 2020
OK guys
Hope you answer my only concern.
Loved bloodborne.
Will I like this.
And mine main concern is the difficulty.
Will this be hard or can you level up and beat an boss a bit easier?

Cerulean_skylark

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
OK guys
Loved bloodborne.
Will I like this.

If you loved bloodborne, I have no idea why you'd have any difficulty here. You have a million more tools and way more flexibility at your disposal.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
*cautiously going through the thread*

OK guys
Loved bloodborne.
Will I like this.

Well there are a lot of tools at your disposal, which might not necessarily make it easier but less frustrating and you can go wherever you want, so if you are stuck on a boss or area you can just go somewhere else in the meantime. I haven't played Bloodborne but since you did I don't think you'll have any problems as this game was made as a good entry point for newcomers.

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
From the Digital Foundry analysis of the Network Test, Series S runs with the same visual settings as the Series X and PS5 version (foliage, shadows, draw distances, textures), just at a lower resolution.

PS4 Pro is higher resolution (reconstructed 1800p much like Sekiro) but with a lower tier of graphical settings (same as PS4).

Series S should run better in its performance mode (between 45 - 60fps) whereas PS4 Pro performs similar to Sekiro, hovering between 30-40fps.

I'd definitely pick Series S over PS4 Pro. While performance isn't ideal, you can at least use VRR to help out, and it has higher quality settings. Not to mention you also get much faster load times.

This is of course based on the Network test and not the final release of the game.
Really appreciate this, thank you. Xbox it is.

Cerulean_skylark

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
OK thank you.
That's an clear answer.

Only main difference in my life now is.

I have two kids.

But thanks man.
I know what to do now!

Not a man, but you're totally welcome.

I've yet to have any kids to hamper my gaming life, but just know that unlike bloodborne you now have, shields, stealth, a robust magic system, summoned npc helpers, a horse and horse combat, a relatively robust ranged option for pulling and cheesing enemies.
If you beat bloodborne, you'll be fine.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
It amazes me how From Software seems to constantly outdo themselves.

I always want to get into the games but end up falling off them pretty quickly. I just don't seem to have the patience. I'll give it a shot though.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

That's always been a thing. Half the bosses in DS1 became regular enemies at some point (in the main game, not optionally), and some regular enemies show up multiple times. I guess it depends how frequent it is here.

Oct 25, 2017
alright people

Forget numerical scores.

Ask yourself: when was the last time a FROM IP missed the mark?

The game is going to be incredible. Rest assured.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
www.youtube.com

Elden Ring - Character Creation Preview | Starting Classes | Origins / Races | Giftshttps://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg1v_Cogsd7MDPn2r6tV_PF8Gu0nkyLqo ...

They're all shown here. Though in the background the official footage is played which shows some light spoilers maybe.

NVM Fextralife wiki already has just the stats for each class: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes
Looks like I'm going Prisoner for that sweet Spellsword build.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
That's always been a thing. Half the bosses in DS1 became regular enemies at some point, and some regular enemies show up multiple times. I guess it depends how frequent it is here.

I don't mind bosses becoming enemies, NES games did that. I am getting big Chalice Dungeon "they created a pool of bosses just used for this side content and there will be nothing but repeats. If we're already seeing they're repeating bosses in the Limgrave area, each biome will have repeated bosses in these dungeons to some capacity. I now worry unique bosses in these smaller side spaces may not actually be a thing and that unique bosses will only be in visually discernable areas in the overworld. I was hoping they'd learn hard from Bloodborne, because that approach is easily the weakest spot of the game, as it feels like padding.

Sep 21, 2019

I wouldn't be too worried really. The enemy variety in this game will be off the charts.

God of War 2018 reused the elementals and troll bosses constantly, but that game is still 10/10 and a masterpiece.

With a world this large, some things will be repeated, even from other FROM games - i.e. the crabs from Dark Souls 3 making an appearance.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
I must say this could be the first time I will start as a Deprived/Wretch in a Souls game.
Considering I have no idea what stuff will be good and fun to use, starting with nothing and just use whatever you can find in an open world looks very promising to me.

Ronin | Rin |

Jul 13, 2021
www.youtube.com

Thank you! I will stick to the wiki page for this one!

Prophet or the hero seem like the best for a strength/faith (+pyro) build hmmm, provided that arcane investment is good for scaling of miracles and/or pyro. Any recent word on the arcane stat??

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind bosses becoming enemies, NES games did that. I am getting big Chalice Dungeon "they created a pool of bosses just used for this side content and there will be nothing but repeats. If we're already seeing they're repeating bosses in the Limgrave area, each biome will have repeated bosses in these dungeons to some capacity. I now worry unique bosses in these smaller side spaces may not actually be a thing and that unique bosses will only be in visually discernable areas in the overworld. I was hoping they'd learn hard from Bloodborne, because that approach is easily the weakest spot of the game, as it feels like padding.

Its probably both. Challice dungeons had a mix of existing and unused bosses. As long as there's unique loot and level design im good. If they had 50 unique bosses for optional side dungeons the game might have taken another few years lol

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
this video is astronomically spoilery and i don't recommend it to anyone in any capacity if you have any sensitivity to spoilers.

Yeah, I'm not usually sensitive to light spoilers but that FextraLife vid goes into far too many details about new areas, enemies, biomes, etc., that I honestly just quit.

In all fairness, he does warn about spoilers at the start of the video but I wasn't expecting it to be that heavy lol

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be as lost in this as I wa sin Dark Souls 3 as to what class to go with. All I know is I like faster characters who want nothing to do with slow ass weapons.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be as lost in this as I wa sin Dark Souls 3 as to what class to go with. All I know is I like faster characters who want nothing to do with slow ass weapons.
sounds like warrior for you then
warrior-class-network-test-elden-ring-wiki-guide-270.jpg