• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Beautiful track

tumblr_o1dju9ghKQ1tt3wuco3_500.gifv

God, Majula was such a great hub area. It really gave DS2 a dream-like quality that set it apart from the others. I still think Drangleic was some sort of purgatory for lost souls from Lordran who couldn't move on post-death, which is partially the world is so disjointed, like a fever dream.

Deleted member 29909

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
As much as I want to see it, realistically a no show would place ER firmly as cross-gen so it's a win either way really.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Guys.

Me: -breathes-
Era and Reddit:
e74.png

Come on we better move on and let the thread rest, and Omni while we're at it. Tonight we can get some cool stuff regardless is ER is there or not. We can keep our hopes and speculations for another thread maybe. I know I'm unsubscribing from this thread as I speak. I personally hope for a new ER thread to discover tomorrow but if not, well, looking forward to Sekiro winning some meaningless award and getting a new Ghost of Sushi at the same time. Let's have a rest for those supposed new game announcements and new RE demo.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You really shouldn't need to clarify a hype video. By far most people who watch that will not see any kind of clarifying statement. Trailers and hype teasers are typically expected to be indicative of the content it's hyping or teasing. There's really no excuse to include something like that if it's not there. If it wasn't dishonest, it was a very poor choice. Especially because he knows people are looking for it.
This. Along with the fact that most people who watch the video won't ever read Geoff's explanation on twitter.
He still wants the viewership. Not explicitly denying it makes sense. People will watch because they have hope. If you kill that hope you lose views.
Agreed with all of these. They know what they're doing.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed with all of these. They know what they're doing.

100%. That or it is just severely misguided in a way I wouldn't expect from Keighley.

My brother is in marketing. This stuff is always intentional.

That said, I still don't know that I expect to see it, which makes me kind of miffed at Keighley.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Damnit, the Elden Ring "rumors" are based off the 2 seconds it had in the hype trailer?

Ugh, when are we going to see more of this game?!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Honestly I maintain that the only way to win is to not watch the show, and if the game is indeed shown, watch the trailer afterwards. If nothing is shown, you lost nothing. If the game is shown, you get to be excited at the trailer, and you won't have wasted so much time. Win-win!

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
When it's ready and in a state where they can announce a release date that won't be delayed or changed. As it should be.
Oh yeah I know. I mean it hasn't even been that long since it was revealed.

I'm not expecting anything until next e3 at the earliest, and even then I think it's a 2021 game.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I will definitely be staying up tonight to download the inevitable midnight surprise stealth release of Elden Ring.

Okapi

May 31, 2019
Really?
To me it was such an invitation to explore the Dragon's homeland, with a Journey to the West vibe and all. Could even be the start of a trilogy that ends up in India for the final game.

Not to mention the open ended stuff with Tomoe and Takeru that everyone thought would be explored in a DLC with the amount of teasing we got in the main game, but without a DLC it becomes more content for a sequel.

The Dragon comes from the west, and with it come all of the supernatural shit happening in Ashina, the game ends with them leaving to return the Dragon's spirit to where he belongs, meaning so much more supernatural stuff on their way.
Yeah I could see it happening! It just felt like a complete story (with room for mysteries) for me.

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018
I actually just got around to playing DS2 last week, the Elden Ring hype was getting to me and I was hungry for a "new" Fromsoftware experience.

Nothing will shake my Elden Ring hype until the Game Awards stream ends.
Hope you're having fun with it! It's definitely different than DS1 and 3 but for me it was the most interesting

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Vaati's video on this guy was the first time I realized there was more to these games than I ever realized. What a start too, I was holding back tears :(

I'm holding off on watching any of his videos for this (until I complete this playthrough) but yeah, I realized with his last bit of dialogue what happened (I think).

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The game awards are on at past 1 AM in the UK. I'm currently in a hospital ward, so I'll be staying awake to watch this and the election results.

Best case scenario - Tories get hammered and I get to see Elden Ring gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.