• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
According to GRRM, Abner Marsh is also his favorite character (along with Tyrion Lannister from his other series).

Anyways, ASOIAF is the series that's very heavy on world-building. The magical aspects are definitely Lovecraftian mixed with Norse mythology like what I expect Elden Ring to be like when it comes to the lore.

I'd say to give GRRM's Tuf Voyaging a shot too since Miyazaki also loved that one though and the series(all in one book) is about as long as Fevre Dream. It's about on par with Fevre Dream but different.

It's sci-fi though rather than supernatural so that might be a turn off. It also bounces from whimsical to dark pretty fast.

Cool post. Sci-fi is my jam, so I need to give it a spin. I also hope Miyazaki will tackle sci-fi next.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I want to do a Skull Knight build lol

tumblr_n6hev3Bl791s79lqko1_500.gif
C4C79E69E63A387128D184539709778E7C6931A5

"Skull Knight has invaded your world"

6bf2e2bff30003453a212430f6696a42.gif

Where are those gifs from?

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly miss making fun of the 2016 and 2017 anime every week. There were so many great gifs too

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I think it's pretty likely we'll get a playable network test for Elden Ring next year, like DS2, DS3, Bloodborne. Fromsoft usually does these for their ARPG's.

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
For sure, I can't see this game skipping multiplayer.

I really like that you posted these select a character screens. I mentioned before that I hope FROM handles starting classes better in ER. Give them a unique ability or different starting zone, anything. Not just different allocation of starting stats.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Dark Souls Remastered had one, too. Can't recall if the original Dark Souls had one.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking they might switch the release date up and move it to late Summer/Fall next year instead of the usual Q1 launch. It's honestly for the better, to be honest, 'cause the first half of 2020 is stacked.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
I really like that you posted these select a character screens. I mentioned before that I hope FROM handles starting classes better in ER. Give them a unique ability or different starting zone, anything. Not just different allocation of starting stats.

I also feel like this time the initial choice of the character will have some sort of race-selection with unique traits. That would comply very well with the "strong RPG aspects" Miyazaki-san mentioned in the E3 ER interview.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
I'm thinking they might switch the release date up and move it to late Summer/Fall next year instead of the usual Q1 launch. It's honestly for the better, to be honest, 'cause the first half of 2020 is stacked.
Oh I dont think anybody on here was holding on for a Q1 release after the no-show at gamescom and tgs
Q1 means not only competing with some of the biggest titles this gen that have been hyped for years, but also having a really short promo cycle (3-4 months after the now more than likely reveal at VGA)
Even if they wanted to simply ride off their big fanbase and release it that early, we must not forget that this is a new IP and they more than likely will want to take their time showing it off and having people warm up to it. This is supposed to be their biggest game. They dont want to mess it up with the promo cycle.
I also think the game is just not ready to be shown yet, I dont really believe bamco was holding it back to give code vein some time to breathe.
It only makes sense that elden ring would require a longer than usual dev cycle from them.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
The wait for death stranding had made me forget about Elden Ring for a while but then you had to bump the thread ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.