• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Serious question but are we still really expecting an Armored Core game ? In 2019 ?

I know there has been some claims it has been in dev for years now. But what if From never found the magic recipe to make it palatable to the mainstream after all and decided to silently shelve it ?

AC was their best performing IP before Souls came along I'm pretty sure (hence the 900 sequels). Plus, AC5 sold quite well in Japan (first week at least) so it's not like the series was in major decline either.

It doesn't need to hit Souls numbers to be a modest success. Hell, From was trucking along for a good 15 years before Souls hit without any "mainstream" success.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't find what I'm looking for but I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about how Miyazaki wasn't supposed to confirm a new AC back in 2016.

But like you said it might've been canned, it's certainly been a while.

Oh, I missed the bit about "Miyazaki wasn't supposed to confirm a new AC back in 2016". I will try to find more details about it, thanks !

AC was their best performing IP before Souls came along I'm pretty sure (hence the 900 sequels). Plus, AC5 sold quite well in Japan (first week at least) so it's not like the series was in major decline either.

It doesn't need to hit Souls numbers to be a modest success. Hell, From was trucking along for a good 15 years before Souls hit without any "mainstream" success.

But it's no longer really practicable by 2019 market. Key right now is probably finding someone to fund such project; some years ago Sony would have been the usual suspect - but they have pivoted westward and would probably not be interested any longer in something as japanese and niche as a mecha sim.
I hope MS or Google have taste for oddballness to round off their future digital offer.

aLoneWalker

Attempted to create multiple alt accounts
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
It would be pretty hypocritical from them to abandon Armored Core fans just because they have Souls now and it would be selfish from us to demand only games we like. I'd 99% skip an AC game but I'd totally respect their decision to make it.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
It would be pretty hypocritical from them to abandon Armored Core fans just because they have Souls now and it would be selfish from us to demand only games we like. I'd 99% skip an AC game but I'd totally respect their decision to make it.

I've only dabbled with the AC games before (and Chromehounds) but I'd be very interested in seeing how a new game would shape up! Look at Sekiro as a new Tenchu. It's quite different, and they've clearly developed a lot over the last decade odd. Plus I actually don't think mechs are super niche. People love giant robots.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Would be amazing, probably only possible on next gen systems to do it justice. Mechs + Dark Fantasy <3

C1c42dLUQAQnh9z.jpg
bd8179d13bc54a931258881545d728c5.jpg
According to one of their producers in this recent interview, it seems they have no immediate plans to fuse dark fantasy and mecha.

He has, but that probably just means that there aren't two full teams, not that there are two teams. He also confirmed that Elden Ring was put in development after Dark Souls 3'd DLC was finished. The puts it in development at the same time as Sekiro. So presumably, there was a skeleton crew working on the foundation of Elden Ring while the rest of the team worked on Sekiro.

You seem pretty hung up on the "two team" idea for no good reason.
Consider that after DS3 DLC, they were probably working on Sekiro, Deracine, Elden Ring, possibly the rumoured Armored Core and goodness knows what else, all at the same time.
It's pretty clear that they have multiple "teams" because they have multiple projects on the go at once, probably with people shifting around depending on the phase/schedule.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
No interest in mech games at all so I've been quite lucky that they've been focusing on other things. I do feel for those fans though.

Oct 25, 2017
That mecha vesus monster artwork is awesome, I'd love a game like that. I'd love a sci-fi action game or action RPG the most, I really hope From will do that next gen, and not just dark fantasy (Sekiro was a nice break from that, though still very much a fantasy game).

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Am i missing something? It says during gamescom but not AT gamescom right?

It isnt even opening night ...not sure this is it

aLoneWalker

Attempted to create multiple alt accounts
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
Martin about to announce the already announced game Elden Ring!
Most of his audience don't even know that Elden Ring exists, everywhere I go I hear people talking about GoT but no mentions of something like "Hey you know GRRM is part of a game now!", announcing it while everyone is expecting a book is a great commercial push imo.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Went to the ER subreddit to see what the scuttlebutt over there was.....found this meme.

i92n35em78f31.jpg

Perfectly describes the whole thing I feel.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
I am positive, our guardian after E3 had said that his work was finished, but lately Omnipotent has returned to watch over us ...

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit, i'll be happy for even a new concept art now. Something tells me we won't see gameplay this year. Early next year gameplay reveal and september 2020 release date seems to be more likely at this point (hope i'm wrong tho).

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
Instagram Bandai and ER accounts keep on spamming stories or screenshots from the E3 trailer. Now it's the Valkyrie turn.

Hope this preludes something new.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I get excited everytime this thread gets bumped as well and it stings. But on the other hand, the sheer ridiculousness of From and GRRM working together still sears my mind so I'm okay with just being reminded this exists.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I predict the first gameplay trailer of ER will fade in with a low angle shot of a horse galloping at high speeds without any backgound music but some notes playing softly, then the camera cuts to a higher up shot and we see the open world with the rider in view before it goes into a From style trailer with the emphsis on the world/level design and traversal.

Status
Not open for further replies.