• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ELDEN RING IS CLOSER TO DARK SOULS THAN SEKIRO OR BLOODBORNE
This makes me really happy. I mean, it'll have a hard time topping Bloodborne for me (as a world), but the focus being back to the world (from Sekiro) is more than welcome. The way From writes characters, their cast is usually more memorable for being unique and having a few encounters, rather than the usual responding-to-plot-developments sort of character.

This might be one of the only open world games I've ever loved or even been excited for, really. (Automata is the only open world game I love but it's my GOTG, and I'm also excited to play Death Stranding and BotW someday.)

I don't expect it this year at all, but if it did release this year I would be sooo soohappy, assuming it wasn't rushed out
I would be utterly shocked.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I would easily sacrifice a whole Sekiro sequel to Smough just for a gameplay trailer of ER.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me really happy. I mean, it'll have a hard time topping Bloodborne for me (as a world), but the focus being back to the world (from Sekiro) is more than welcome. The way From writes characters, their cast is usually more memorable for being unique and having a few encounters, rather than the usual responding-to-plot-developments sort of character.

This might be one of the only open world games I've ever loved or even been excited for, really. (Automata is the only open world game I love but it's my GOTG, and I'm also excited to play Death Stranding and BotW someday.)

I would be utterly shocked.
I am expecting it next spring however and will be annoyed if it doesn't release sometime next year. Or else why announce it now?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
This one is one to watch out for in August, well, I sure hope so. Truly want to see gameplay of this.

Elden Ring is listed with Sekiro and Metal Wolf Chaos XD under 2019 on FROM's website.
I don't expect it this year at all, but if it did release this year I would be sooo soohappy, assuming it wasn't rushed out

Wtf, that would be quite something. But honestly this year is already so busy. I would be fine with early 2020. Like January!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

Seems to know something. There was supposedly a pm exchange after this other post but the user isn't either banned or tagged as insider in any way (I guess that's not mandatory anyway).

The trailer info that was posted seems to be on point.

-Apparently it's short version of opening CGI trailer with no gameplay
-About 2 minutes long
-Creator names
-Character introduction
Overall it's similar to DaS3 announcement trailer (structure wise)

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I cant believe theres not going to be any Sekiro DLC. Thats so disappointing.
yeah it's pretty surprising they didn't. I suppose Elden Ring is a huge project and they need the manpower finishing it, and/or whatever the next project is that the Sekiro team will work on. It's also pretty surprising that they had Activision publish with no DLC or any kind of extra content. Really unusual for them. I suppose From Software have the clout now to be able to call the shots when they want to publish.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yeah it's pretty surprising they didn't. I suppose Elden Ring is a huge project and they need the manpower finishing it, and/or whatever the next project is that the Sekiro team will work on. It's also pretty surprising that they had Activision publish with no DLC or any kind of extra content. Really unusual for them. I suppose From Software have the clout now to be able to call the shots when they want to publish.
Perhaps we'll get a standalone expansion afterward (of sorts), or maybe the From game after ER will be SekIIro

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Perhaps we'll get a standalone expansion afterward (of sorts), or maybe the From game after ER will be SekIIro
Next game after elden ring is 99% confirmed to be Armored core. But after that..yeah I could see them releasing a sequel and having a faster turnaround if they build on top of the systems they already created for the original

ELDEN RING IS CLOSER TO DARK SOULS THAN SEKIRO OR BLOODBORNE
Is this the promised exclusive interview? Just curious because they kept bringing a forthcoming interview at the end of past articles but its not present here.
In that case then im a bit letdown as it doesnt really mention any new tidbits that we couldn't have simply inferred based on what we already knew
I just hope we dont have to wait until the gameplay reveal to get more gameplay info.

Last edited:

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason, I find this CGI trailer really captivating. It's the only E3 trailer I've warched more than twice. The voice work is really good and the art direction gives a strong sense of mystery about the world.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For some reason, I find this CGI trailer really captivating. It's the only E3 trailer I've warched more than twice. The voice work is really good and the art direction gives a strong sense of mystery about the world.
The shattering shoulder, the idea of a shattered ring... I really, really dig what they've teased so far, and although I'm not one for (high) fantasy, it's really intriguing.

Vidyagaemsam

Jun 13, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/eldenring
Ny8aWMm.jpg

Elden-Ring-225969.jpg

Elden-Ring-225970.jpg

Elden-Ring-225966.jpg

Elden-Ring-225968.jpg

Elden-Ring-225967.jpg

Elden-Ring-225965.jpg

[Mod Edit] Leak thread here

"FromSoftware's largest game to date" I feel uneasy

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
I'll be super bummed if there's no Sekiro DLC but then it'll mean Elden Rings comes out abit quicker if they help with the souls team and i need to go back and complete all the other SoulsBorne games before Rings anyways

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, personally, I think I was a little disappointed at first because it's so short, but it's a great concept trailer and it has little things you can think about and study. The mythical concepts shown in the trailer are really interesting.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Seems to know something. There was supposedly a pm exchange after this other post but the user isn't either banned or tagged as insider in any way (I guess that's not mandatory anyway).

The trailer info that was posted seems to be on point.
I mean anyone could've guessed that , Dark souls 2 did the same thing

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
taepo has a good source and that's all I can say 👍

Also: shame about no Sekiro DLC, but this game has always felt like a one time thing to me - the last FROM game made with their current/old trademark action game framework
Wasn't Sekiro the biggest launch sales wise for a FROM game ever? And it also sets up very nicely for a sequel. It will be a damn shame if that's all we got of this new combat system. And I want to see their depiction of
China
too :(

I think I want a Sekiro sequel over a Bloodborne sequel.
Same

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't Sekiro the biggest launch sales wise for a FROM game ever? And it also sets up very nicely for a sequel. It will be a damn shame if that's all we got of this new combat system. And I want to see their depiction of
China

I guess Elden Ring being their biggest game yet made them need more people from Sekiro's dev team.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
I guess Elden Ring being their biggest game yet made them need more people from Sekiro's dev team.
Yeah I can understand if they don't do a dlc of Sekiro right now. But I really hope they make a sequel at some point. The combat system is just too good to not iterate and improve upon in sequels imo.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
taepo has a good source and that's all I can say 👍

Also: shame about no Sekiro DLC, but this game has always felt like a one time thing to me - the last FROM game made with their current/old trademark action game framework

Shame.

Guess I'll trade Sekiro in on monday in that case.

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
China

Let me clarify and say that I have no idea whether another Sekiro game is coming - it's just that this first game felt very "round"/completed to me which is why I don't expect any DLC (I would absolutely love additional Sekiro content). You are also right that thematically, there is still a lot of things that can be done in a sequel.

As for its commercial performance, I think FROM games in general are on the on the rise saleswise and I imagine Elden Ring will blow Sekiro out of the water. They know that their games will sell because many consider that FROM Software logo to be a seal of quality at this point

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I wonder if how well Sekiro sold is making them wonder about the choice for no DLC. Felt like the concept of the budda in the temple being able to transport you through time was for sure going to open up more DLC opportunities.

Was hoping for 3 more buddas in that room :(

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Let me clarify and say that I have no idea whether another Sekiro game is coming - it's just that this first game felt very "round"/completed to me which is why I don't expect any DLC (I would absolutely love additional Sekiro content). You are also right that thematically, there is still a lot of things that can be done in a sequel.

As for its commercial performance, I think FROM games in general are on the on the rise saleswise and I imagine Elden Ring will blow Sekiro out of the water. They know that their games will sell because many consider that FROM Software logo to be a seal of quality at this point
Oh I knew you were just speculating. And yeah I am hoping for nothing but success for FROM in whatever they decide to do.
Just a little disappointed we won't be getting Sekiro dlc. Really hope they return to it at some point

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'd be disappointed at no Sekiro DLC, but honestly my interest in Elden Ring is much greater. I know 'why not both' would be ideal, but I'm not really mourning the DLC if it's not happening, Elden Ring is what I want to hear about.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Is this the promised exclusive interview? Just curious because they kept bringing a forthcoming interview at the end of past articles but its not present here.
In that case then im a bit letdown as it doesnt really mention any new tidbits that we couldn't have simply inferred based on what we already knew
I just hope we dont have to wait until the gameplay reveal to get more gameplay info.

Yup they are releasing the interview in parts instead of releasing the whole thing.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I've been looping this fanmade version of the music in the trailer, it's pretty good. I'm glad they are back to the bombastic Dark Souls music. It's probably gonna be the Menu theme.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if how well Sekiro sold is making them wonder about the choice for no DLC. Felt like the concept of the budda in the temple being able to transport you through time was for sure going to open up more DLC opportunities.

Was hoping for 3 more buddas in that room :(

perhaps not the sales of Sekiro but sales of SP DLC in general. while i'm sure BB and DS3's DLC did quite alright i could see them not willing to prioritize Elden and Sekiro 2 ideas over it. and Activision red tape may be a factor

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
perhaps not the sales of Sekiro but sales of SP DLC in general. while i'm sure BB and DS3's DLC did quite alright i could see them not willing to prioritize Elden and Sekiro 2 ideas over it. and Activision red tape may be a factor
Not sure if there's any way to track the DLC's sales. Always thought From DLC were pretty good earners them being critically acclaimed is all and they sure do love selling their complete editions afterwards.

I can completely see Activision causing some red tape that its it's either too much hassle, or it enters them into an agreement they don't want to accept.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Could this game really be out this year? Seems hard to believe since From has had a almost set release schedule that they seem to follow but it would be insane if it did. Not only for From fans but just for their clout in general. Have two major releases in a year while being a fairly small dev....crazy.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Could this game really be out this year? Seems hard to believe since From has had a almost set release schedule that they seem to follow but it would be insane if it did. Not only for From fans but just for their clout in general. Have two major releases in a year while being a fairly small dev....crazy.

they would've dropped the date, msrp, ect by now. pre-orders and store listings and all that

it's off a ways but i doubt by much. i'd be surprised if it goes past Fall next year

Deleted member 21

Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Anything major that drops this year has been announced with pre-order options and so on; I imagine this is a Q1/Q2 2020 title

Status
Not open for further replies.