• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leon9506

Aug 31, 2018
Well there wouldnt really be need for a map if the world had enough recognizable waypoints you could see from the distance, I think Botw did a great job with this, I barely felt the need to use the map when exploring the overworld. The markers where great too but this might be a bit too gamey for From to do
Regardless, I think it's more likely that we might get a map but I'd imagine it being closer to that of SoTc where it was a bit more ambiguous and used to determine a general direction, not an actual set path
I dont think they'd give us maps for the individual kingdoms considering these will work like classic fromsoft levels.
Whatever it ends up being, I hope it makes sense within the game's world and doesnt feel too gamey. I need that inmersion

What's making you think this is the case? The closed door demo i mean. Based on this last interview, we know they had a talk with miyazaki and more interviews are coming but theres no mention of a demo...
there's no impression of elden ring posted, while game like cyberpunk already had a bunch of journalists writting about what they saw behind closed door

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Fellas, has there been any word of the Steam release? It says PC in the marketing. I'd assume it''ll be on Steam considering how many Bandai Namco titles are on it, but some confirmation would be nice.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Fellas, has there been any word of the Steam release? It says PC in the marketing. I'd assume it''ll be on Steam considering how many Bandai Namco titles are on it, but some confirmation would be nice.
From like to split publishing between International and Japan so that could be why there is no store page up yet but in the current climate, best to just assume the worst if you're worried about EGS fucking shit up.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I hope our horse is this bad motherfucker

latest

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this game sounds exactly like what I was hoping for based on the initial rumors. Hopefully there's multiplayer elements though for that spicy variety. If it goes the Sekiro route I won't be too upset though.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
MY NAME IS GYOUBU ONIWA!!!
Hey, if you're gonna yell it, yell his full name!

GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWA!!

Anyway, I am curious about a few other small things. Though I'm not huge on PvP and don't use co-op too often (though I do love to do new builds in Souls with friends), I really missed soapstone messages in Sekiro, more than I expected. I hope there is a similar system in this.
I also hope there's still swimming! Based on what we know, I think there should be.

OH SHIT are those new art?!

fl1ppyB

Jun 11, 2018
Yeah those screens/concepts are not from elden ring. At least one was going around a while back from a monolith soft artist.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched this trailer about a dozen times by this point and even though it doesn't tell us much, I'm still excited. Everything about it is just cool af. I have a lot of faith in these guys to turn out something incredible and they're probably the only company I'd let get me this excited over such a small trailer.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I mean if you're gonna troll don't start with that first image, it's not even close to From's concept art style lol

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol why not a deep down picture with the elden ring logo on it?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

- GI is excited for it.
- Bandai is funding this, Imran Khan had heard that Bandai proposed this being Dark Souls related, Miyazaki didn't want that and they went with Elden Ring.
- They seem to confirm the rumors of both horse riding (which is no longer a rumor) but also raiding the "north" as they called it and killing kings.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Since it's going to be more open world, I'm imagining them taking the DS2 philosophy of bigger mobs, but then actually providing satisfying tools to deal with them besides, "welp, just use a bigger str weapon".

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at the "leak". That is the kind of thing you pull before they announce the game, not after.

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
- will we gather bosses arms?
- can we customize our horse?
- more armor cutomization than just head,arms,chest and legs?
- does our bodies crack each time we die?
- what kind of magic? Is it even called magic?
- how will the progression system work? Something new like Sekiro?
- open world with ruines? Will some ruines be integral to conquer certain kingdoms?
- when starting the game. Will we see all kingdoms in distance BotW style?
- what kinds of weapons in this game?
- stamina gauge?
- dyinh once or twice or thrice or permadeath?
So many questions and the hype is through the skies..it burrrrrrnsss

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
Did the "north" kings destroy the ring and claim it's power? So we are trying to kill them and take that power back. At the end we have a choice, either restore the ring or keep the powers and ruin the world.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Good.

Sekiro's eng VA was abysmal.
I love Frog Nation but "abysmal"? Come on, it really wasn't bad. Wolf's VA was solid. I still switched back to Japanese in NG+++ (played NG in Japanese, NG+ in English, NG++ in French and NG+++ in Japanese) because it just fits a whole lot better, but the dub wasn't horrible, even if it wasn't stellar.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Some more info from the exclusive IGN interview, published today.

ELDEN RING: FROMSOFTWARE EXPLAINS THE MEANING BEHIND THE NAME
"The Lord of the Rings is the most classic fantasy novel, so of course Elden Ring is influenced by it to some degree," Miyazaki said, "but not in a direct way."

He went on to say that Elden Ring isn't even about a ring you wear on your finger, but that "ring" is used in the context of "circle".

"The Elden Ring is a mysterious, key element in the foundation of the world we have created. It forms the rules and rhythm of this world. But as you can see in our trailer, it has been shattered."

Miyazaki stresses that it is also somehow connected to the gameplay.
Source: IGN

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Just give it to me From, everything you're saying sounds legit.

Though...I didn't think people thought that the Elden Ring was an actual ring. The dialogue in the trailer made it sound like a realm or dimension or something.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
"Miyazaki stresses that it is also somehow connected to the gameplay."
Loving this, I can sense miyazaki trying some weirder systems

Since it's going to be more open world, I'm imagining them taking the DS2 philosophy of bigger mobs
How so? I dont see the direct relationship
To me it seems like its open world in the sense of big open field in the centre that you travel by horse, then its directly connected to individual levels that work like they usually do in these games. Wouldnt make sense to constantly interrupt the travels with huge mobs. Feels like the field will be more about atmosphere than constant threat...but Im sure we'll still get some encounters
Finally, people can stop saying that the smith is destroying a ring.
YUP
even the 2 smiths in the trailer seem to be more a metaphor for humanity's ambition than actual set characters

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
How so? I dont see the direct relationship
To me it seems like its open world in the sense of big open field in the centre that you travel by horse, then its directly connected to individual levels that work like they usually do in these games. Wouldnt make sense to constantly interrupt the travels with huge mobs. Feels like the field will be more about atmosphere than constant threat...but Im sure we'll still get some encounters
I have nothing to do go on, but I don't see the point of doing what we already have -- individuals levels with space in between -- but just adding meandering in between. Everything they do serves a gameplay or lore purpose. Certainly talking about the open worldness so early into the PR cycle hopefully means they have bigger plans than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.