• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We so desperate for anything Elden ring that we clinging to 4chan rumors and "see you next year" tweets

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Isn't this just Kitao wishing us a Happy NY/saying a generic "see you in 2021"?

Feels like it's reading into it a bit to hear Elden Ring: "See you in 2021"

Like, I'm hopefully we see the game released next year but this seems like a generic-ass '2020 is coming to an end and was terrible, see you next year' tweet.
This is clearly what it is. People just too thirsty for Elden Ring.

If he'd wanted to say "Expect to see something in 2021" he could have easily done so.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Alternative and just as valid title:

Elden Ring: « The world might not be mended for a while yet »

Y'all so thirsty.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
fall 2021 release.
Fossa and that Chinese leak agree development is done, they are polishing and working on next gen versions, and possibly will be sitting on complete current gen versions for a few months to launch simultaneously on Ps5eriesX.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I remain quite pleased that they are taking their time to make this something special

I have complete faith

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Won't be that bad of a wait for me. Will finally dig more into the Dark Souls games after Demon's Souls next year. That, Bloodborne & Sekiro have shown me that this studio is in a different league than others. Even Déraciné is interesting.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Isn't this just Kitao wishing us a Happy NY/saying a generic "see you in 2021"?

Feels like it's reading into it a bit to hear Elden Ring: "See you in 2021"

Like, I'm hopefully we see the game released next year but this seems like a generic-ass '2020 is coming to an end and was terrible, see you next year' tweet.
It's definitely not coming out in 2021

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
It's definitely not coming out in 2021

Considering that back when it was revealed it was originally planned to release early 2020 according to Jason Schreier, i don't see why it wouldn't release the year after. By march the game will complete 4 years deep into development.

i remain convinced that they started development after the game was announced 1 year and a half ago. typical development time is 3 years.

Q: ''Sam Wilkinson, Bandai Namco: First off, please tell me when and how development for Elden Ring took off.
A: Hidetaka Miyazaki, Game Director:
Development for Elden Ring started just after development for the Dark Souls 3 DLC had ended.''

Q: ''Wilkinson: Elden Ring seems to have been in development at the same time as Sekiro. How did you go about its development?
A: ''Miyazaki
: The overall process of development has been the same as it was in Sekiro. While assigning co-directors to each project, I took direction over the various game design, art and musical aspects of the titles.''

link to interview

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
This could be the case, but Miyazaki seems to "direct" all of the releases lol
He does except when he gives some of the duties to someone else or joins late in the project.

Demons - Joined Late. Director

Dark Souls 1 - Director

Dark Souls 2 - "Consulting"

Bloodborne - Director. Took charge of writing and Level Design. Has a co-director

Dark Souls 3 - Joined in late planning stage. Director with a co-director.

Sekiro - Director. Relinquished writing responsibilities to others. Has a co-director

Elden Ring - Director. Back writing the story

Miyazaki generally actually lets us know where he's putting most of his focus for each game.

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
I don't think it's ever been as simple as an "A Team" and "B Team". I'm sure people move between teams as the projects necessitate. Sekiro was finishing up while Elden Ring was in pre production, and I'm sure many members of the Sekiro team moved over to Elden Ring after that shipped. I doubt you can draw a hard line between the people who worked on each game.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
MT9pAAc.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully, with everything being backwards compatible, it's likely much easier for them to support next gen versions. If they can't dedicate resources to an exclusive next gen version, they can just have unlocked framerate/dynamic res modes in the menu and next gen players get an automatic boost to the highest resolution the console can handle at 60fps.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Can't fucking wait. Take your time. Still can't believe George RR Martin and Miyazaki are making a brand new video game. I'll probably wait to pick up a PS5 until this releases. Arbitrary, since it's on last-gen, but. Yeah, I'll go with that. Maybe they'll have a PS5 Slim out by then. Or at least a redesign...

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
He does except when he gives some of the duties to someone else or joins late in the project.

Demons - Joined Late. Director

Dark Souls 1 - Director

Dark Souls 2 - "Consulting"

Bloodborne - Director. Took charge of writing and Level Design. Has a co-director

Dark Souls 3 - Joined in late planning stage. Director with a co-director.

Sekiro - Director. Relinquished writing responsibilities to others. Has a co-director

Elden Ring - Director. Back writing the story

Miyazaki generally actually lets us know where he's putting most of his focus for each game.

Elden Ring co-director is probably Yui Tanimura, since he wasn't credited on Sekiro after having co-directed DS3.

I don't think it's ever been as simple as an "A Team" and "B Team". I'm sure people move between teams as the projects necessitate. Sekiro was finishing up while Elden Ring was in pre production, and I'm sure many members of the Sekiro team moved over to Elden Ring after that shipped. I doubt you can draw a hard line between the people who worked on each game.

Elden Ring's pre-production was most likely prior to 2017, it's full development since Ringed City released. I agree that after Sekiro released and since it doesn't have DLC like their previous games, it surely leaves more devs available to move around for Elden Ring or other projects.

Oct 30, 2017
The game will definitely be revealed fully sometimes in 2021.. as for release date, I don't know why but I sense Q1 2022.