• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think he wrote a thing down about why and what he was going to do before he did it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the right will try to reframe this, remember when Dylan Roof killed? They said it was a attack on religon but he himself and everything he ever wrote was "I want to kill black people".

Nov 23, 2017
Over/under on the winks and approval nods he received from the police when this happened?
Youre going to get a lot of hate for this one from people who really want to signal that they somehow support the police for some reason, but...

Fuck right off with this. Disgusting.

the problem of white supremacists infiltrating the police and law enforcement is extremely relevant and extremely worrying. He made a hot take joke sure but the actual underlying idea is true. Its more weird to me to run interference for LE, how do you benefit from that?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look at him dammit. This guy... so evil. His heart so wicked, soul so twisted. Deserves death penalty, honestly. I don't believe he's worth trying to rehabilitate and I question if he deserves the chance. It will never bring these people back. Never ever.
Even if he suddenly showed compassion, or said sorry.
Just.. throw him in jail and let him rot there if the death penalty isn't an option. His punishment must fit his crime.

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
rather than give this guy the death penalty, why not let him bunk with a few mexicans at the correctional facility?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I wonder how the right will try to reframe this, remember when Dylan Roof killed? They said it was a attack on religon but he himself and everything he ever wrote was "I want to kill black people".
Yup and this guy was the same thing. All he wanted was to drive mexicans out of texas by murdering and scaring them.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
A firm confirmation is good but did the shooter already have a manifesto stating his reasoning?

I think the blatant infiltration of white supremacists into American police and law enforcement institutions that has gone largely unchecked is far more disgusting than a sarcastic response, but that's just me.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I wonder where he got the idea of a Mexican invasion from. It's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't quite remember. Oh that's right...VIDEO GAMES!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Poor kid, looks like he was just a little too anxious about the economy

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
A firm confirmation is good but did the shooter already have a manifesto stating his reasoning?

Yes his reason was that some how Mexicans were being used in a bigger plot to flip the state, and if I remember correctly democrats (or republicans I can't remember) were going to use that to also flip other states and turn the country into a single party country as they'd always have the most amount of states won or something insanely crazy like that. So that's why he did this, to stop a conspiracy that he made up.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Over/under on the winks and approval nods he received from the police when this happened?

Just last month a veteran officer from the El Paso department was called out for posting racist stuff on their facebook page.

I doubt anyone was giving the shooter high fives but its pretty clear that white nationalist are attracted to the police force and agree with the white genocide/invasion mindset.

Also just to be clear #notallcops but the institution itself is horribly corrupt.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Yes his reason was that some how mexicans were being used in a bigger plot to flip the state, and if I remember correctly democrats were going to use that to also flip other states and turn the country into a single party country as they'd always have the most amount of states won or something insanely crazy like that. So that's why he did this, to stop a conspiracy that he made up.
So in a way, we all knew his reasoning without having to infer since he wrote it down.. I guess I'm even more confused on why news station continue parroting, "We just don't know why he did this?" When we have his written testimony.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this already known?

The media likes to dance around with terms on something obvious. It's always "seems to have, possibly, looks like" always willing to give the right wing and out to latch on. They have to literally hear it outright from the perps mouth and even then they'll screw it up.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
So in a way, we all knew his reasoning without having to infer since he wrote it down.. I guess I'm even more confused on why news station continue parroting, "We just don't know why he did this?" When we have his written testimony.
I want to say probably just don't want to draw anyone like him to his manifesto and then create another shooter, but yeah it's dumb that they parrot like they don't know anything which is just lying to the people watching. I'm surprised the Police of all people haven't just pushed him through the system and thrown him in Guantanamo I mean shit that manifesto alone is conspiracy to murder.

The media likes to dance around with terms on something obvious. It's always "seems to have, possibly, looks like" always willing to give the right wing and out to latch on. They have to literally hear it outright from the perps mouth and even then they'll screw it up.
Yeah sadly that's how the news is in the US. I wish it was different.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I don't know, folks, I still think it might be because of video games or a vaguely defined mental illness.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I remember they were saying it at the time of the incident but I guess it was confirmed?
It was a report from somebody in the sheriff's office the next day after the attack (one of the first things he said was he was targeting Mexicans), and nobody said it was wrong that could have, so the media has been operating under the assumption that this has been his motives since the day after the attacks, so basically yeah, it's old news. This just seems like a definitive confirmation.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Rumors said his mom called the police days before because she was worried about his son having these type of guns. Their answer was: he is 21.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Fuck right off with this. Disgusting.

ScrawnyDeepBee-small.gif

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
I think the blatant infiltration of white supremacists into American police and law enforcement institutions that has gone largely unchecked is far more disgusting than a sarcastic response, but that's just me.
Yup. We got a post on the front page about a cop who had a KKK application.

There needs to be a swamp draining of police forces across the nation

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Wow. Where are these rumors?

Rumors said his mom called the police days before because she was worried about his son having these type of guns. Their answer was: he is 21.

Lawyer confirmed it yesterday.

Ayres and fellow attorney R. Jack Ayres told CNN that the suspect's mother contacted the Allen Police Department to ask about an "AK"-type firearm he owned. Thursday, Chris Ayres confirmed the report to USA TODAY.

The attorneys said the mother was only seeking information and wasn't motivated by a concern that her son was a threat to anybody. They said the mother didn't identify herself or her son in the call.

The lawyers told CNN the mother was concerned about her son's age, maturity level and lack of experience but was told by a public safety officer that her son, who is 21, was legally allowed to possess the weapon.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
I would go with half, with my confidence interval at 95%.

If this is true: if this was a POC, SWAT would have shut that shit down.

"Oh he's white? He's 21!"

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017

"He said that but did he really mean it?"

There's your reframing and deflection while not directly quoting him

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum

They shouldn't be allowed to reframe it. They can say he was targeting "Mexican Nationals" but that's 100% bull. He didn't ask for passports, green cards or immigration status to pick his targets - he didn't include all of the other ethnic groups that make up Mexico. He picked one ethnic group and fired.