• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Jesse get a happy ending?

• Yes

Votes: 231 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 248 51.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
It wasn't bad. In fact it was actually enjoyable. My very first thought as it ended is the same I've had since this was announced though.........COMPLETELY unnecessary.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Liked it!

Totally forgot a lot of breaking bad plot points. Haven't seen the series since the finale aired.
One day I'll rewatch

Godsfather

Jul 14, 2019
I liked it enough but I can't help but feel I got too hyped for this. Also Vince said in some interview this movie could stand alone for people that haven't seen BB, I don't think so

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
The only little bit that I could tell from BCS, was 1 incredibly bit character from BCS reappears in a barely larger role in this. But the connection can basically be an easter egg, as he barely does anything (again) in the movie.

There's one other BCS cameo that's even more minor than that one -
the ADA that was on Huell's case appears on TV, even though she doesn't say anything

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the movie but I have to agree that it feels unnecessary. I don't really have any complaints other then I found a moment in a flashback kind of hard to believe.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Obviously it was unnecessary, breaking bad ended perfectly. But that doesn't mean most of us didn't want a more conclusive end to Jesse's story.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
It was very unnecessary. I kinda thought at the end of this, that they delayed season 5 of BCS for this?

But it never hurts to watch more BB goodness, it was the closure that we needed for Jesse.
Also, wtf were they thinking for Todd, I guess it was shot pretty quickly but he couldn't have lost weight? Kept tricking my brain into thinking it was an alternate ending to the series whenever he was in a flashback lol

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
Unnecessary, yes, but also Jesse was always the other main character and he deserved more complete closure the way Walt got it. This basically felt like the last two episode of BB in that it's an epilogue. It wouldn't have made sense for this to have been part of the main episode run of Breaking Bad, that was Walt's story for sure, but I'm glad this got made and I very much enjoyed sitting through it.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling the movie. It confirmed what I feared about the movie, it's completely unneeded. Jesse already got a closure in Felina, his bruised up face as he screams in the car laughing and crying hysterically is an incredibly powerful ending to a character. I felt like here it was way too "hollywood". I don't need to see more of Todd as well. I'm also puzzled at the bad guy who wants to decides to risk his life for what? That really confused me.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Not feeling the movie. It confirmed what I feared about the movie, it's completely unneeded. Jesse already got a closure in Felina, his bruised up face as he screams in the car laughing and crying hysterically is an incredibly powerful ending to a character. I felt like here it was way too "hollywood". I don't need to see more of Todd as well. I'm also puzzled at the bad guy who wants to decides to risk his life for what? That really confused me.
I'm right here with you. As every hour goes by I'm souring on this more and more. What exactly did this movie show me that I may not have already assumed? Jesse got away

...not before shooting two fuckers dead though.....yeah...

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
What did people want from this anyways?
Jesse to become Johnny wick and eradicate the Albuquerque Nazis?

Oct 25, 2017
It was beautiful, Walt's balloon head was distracting though, lmao.

But I appreciate everything from this film. Jesse got the perfect ending.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Well I was dissapointed. It was good, but I still feel like it was just not necessary at all. The Jesse and Todd scenes were amazing, but by the end of it I felt like it was no real different than just imaging he ran off to a happy ending.

blazenumb1

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Great movie and don't get the unnecessary argument. Walts story ended and I know many people including myself wanted to know what happened to Jesse. Well done as usual from Vince, could have made Todd lose that Fargo weight though lol.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The most 7 out of 10 movie ever made. Completely non-essential, but enjoyable. Really thrived on its moments of tension and another excellent Aaron Paul performance.

Holy shit did Todd's weight gain knock the crap out of my suspension of disbelief though. It's been a while since I watched Breaking Bad, but it hasn't been that long.

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
For those who haven't seen Better Call Saul yet (and what are you waiting for? It's amazing, albeit a bit different in tone and pacing from BB), here's the scene from BCS that has the guy who shows up in El Camino:

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Great movie and don't get the unnecessary argument. Walts story ended and I know many people including myself wanted to know what happened to Jesse. Well done as usual from Vince, could have made Todd lose that Fargo weight though lol.

Yes, you could tell what he was kind of going to be like if included in this due to game night. He was a little meaty there too, but still kills any role he plays. Such a great actor.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I really enjoyed it. Loved the Jessie and Walter flashback, in particular. In a sense, it a movie that gives me personal closure, I'm happy it got made.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
'Fat Damon' is such a harsh yet funny nickname. Pretty sure he put the weight on for Fargo. Guess he never lost it.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
who was the guy that he was hunting down? probably not gonna watch this

edit:
guess it was fat meth damon

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
It was not needed but I still enjoyed what I watched, not going to feel like it ruined anything for me.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I enjoyed the film. Doesn't feel like an extended episode or a full fledged movie, just a nice love letter to one of the most popular characters and fans of the show.

The next Breaking Bad movie is going to be Completely Unnecessary.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Watched it, it was alright. Felt like a handful of regular BB episodes squeezed into a 2-hour movie that told a very straightforward story that I don't really think needed any telling. As for the characters, I was never really a huge fan of Jesse in the show and this didn't really do much to change my mind, but I did enjoy the rest of the cast quite a lot.

It looked and sounded absolutely beautiful, though, which was the main reason I even watched it (and the main reason I enjoyed BB, probably) so I certainly don't feel like it was a waste of time. But I suppose I was hoping for something more on the story front.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I really liked it and I'm glad they didn't really go all out and kept the story small without introducing all kinds of retcons or what have you.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After ruminating on it a bit, I think that this movie serves as like Finale Part B (Resident Evil 2 style), because the original finale doesn't give Jesse a lot to do. It's a Walt story, as it pretty much should be. El Camino gives Jesse some much needed agency. I remember being a little bummed about how little Jesse accomplished in the finale. So here they get to put any ambiguity to rest and also show that he is capable in his own right.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Completely unnecessary. It often times felt like C grade writing that felt uncharacteristic of the show. I know BB has some over the top scenes, but they always felt high stakes and important to the plot. This movie had scenes that felt forced to create drama because the plot was that thin.

Way too much risk and luck with little consequence where Jessie finds himself in tense situations just for the sake of being in a tense situation. Thought the climax in the junkyard was super dumb. Cant imagine why the antagonist would EVER ask for that situation.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Completely unnecessary. It often times felt like C grade writing that felt uncharacteristic of the show. I know BB has some over the top scenes, but they always felt high stakes and important to the plot. This movie had scenes that felt forced to create drama because the plot was that thin.

Way too much risk and luck with little consequence where Jessie finds himself in tense situations just for the sake of being in a tense situation. Thought the climax in the junkyard was super dumb. Cant imagine why the antagonist would EVER ask for that situation.

I mean there is a pretty obvious reason he is in that situation. How did you miss it?

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking shit. Was expecting greatness, got greatness.

Vince Gilligan is a god damn genius. Aaron Paul is a masterful actor.

It was wonderfully written, had the perfect amount of emotional weight and the pacing was perfect. An excellent way to provide some closure to Jessie's character arc and tie up the ends that were left loose in the finale.