• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Jesse get a happy ending?

• Yes

Votes: 231 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 248 51.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
That was terrible.

What a pointless 2 hour ''closure'' for Jesse. Even the flashbacks were dissapointing.

I don't know why Gilligan decided to do this so late after the finale of BB.

Oct 28, 2017
I liked it! It was pretty low-key, but I'm glad we got more closure for Jessie, always thought the series ending lacked that

Liked the flashbacks, too.
Though I would have preferred more Mike and Walt and less Todd. (And the actor's weight gain took me out a bit.) But even the short Walt/Jesse scene was cool, and not too fanservicey, Walt trying to be encouraging while forgetting that Jesse finished high school nailed their dynamic.

I also thought the redhead guy was Kuby for a moment, but seems to be a different actor.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That new season of BCS is still coming, I'm not sure how this would have hurt it's production? It had a really long wait between season 3 and 4 it felt like as well, I think that's due to the cast being in general busy with Odenkirk, Banks and Esposito in particular having a regular stream of other offers.
I know it's dumb but it's just that they've been on fire with BCS lately and I'm paranoid.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That was a really straightforward epilogue/sendoff. Like surprisingly so. Agree with the sentiment that it was basically a mid tier episode that wasn't necessary, but nice to have anyway. It's no Ozymandias or Better Call Saul.

And yeah a great showcase for Todd, who got to up the sociopathic elements even higher. Would've been nice if they filmed this a few years earlier, everyone looks a lot different.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
oh yeah I ate two medium pizzas while I watched (in lieu of a large size one) and damn do I feel bloated

source.gif

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I really enjoyed it, even if it's a bit tepid at moments. I think the scenes with Todd/his apartment went on just a bit too long. I'm glad to have full closure though, and I'm impressed on how they managed to keep the wraps on most of this.

My favourite thing has to be the Todd/Lydia/teacup snow globe lmao.

Though no amount of costume or careful editing could hide the fact that Todd became Fat Damon.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I thought that Aaron Paul was much better at getting back into character as Jesse than Bryan Cranston was at getting back into Walt. He only got one scene and seemed to struggle to channel early run Walt. The bald cap didn't help. Everyone else was fine, aging aside.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't have pointed out how young Jesse is supposed to be. Aaron Paul looks old.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Jesse has real nice teeth for someone just out of captivity

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The lore is that Todd put on weight after he found out Lydia was dating someone. He then got himself in shape. This all happened in the interim parts we never saw in BB.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked it. It's not amazing or anything, but I was hoping for something low key and not too fan-servicey and that's what this was. Everything from
Todd's apartment
till the end was especially good.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
A great fucking swansong for Jesse and even the ancillary characters. All appearances made sense and added depth to the characters, especially Skinny Pete with Badger, even Old Joe. In fact, everyone was great and excelled in their own character moments. The nazis fucking with Jesse, Todd singing and his psychopathy, the snowglobe and tarantula, and the bodyguard from Better Call Saul were some of favorite nods. If this story needed to be told or whatever who cares, it was a gift for me and I loved it. Take my money, bitch.

There was nothing uneventful here, it was survival for Jesse. It played exactly like the show pace-wise, character-wise Jesse being cocky and fucking up and the fucking tension, so many times, I caught myself not breathing a few times.
It was incredibly satisfying and heartfelt, and what people would call safe or predictable I would call it the logical and methodical final escape attempt for Jesse. The visceral and emotional comes everything he lost and now recalls, trying to regain some humanity.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished watching and enjoyed it a lot. It doesn't hit the highs that Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul does but it didn't really need to. I'm fine with a low key thing though I imagine it'll be partly divisive because of that. There was some real nice shots throughout but then that's hardly surprising.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This was a decent enough epilogue for Jesse Pinkman, but as people said unnecessary and also uninteresting. The way Breaking Bad ended was perfectly fine, didn't need that to be expanded upon. It was nice seeing some of these characters again I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Actor related spoiler

Jesse Plemons is on track to be one of the finest actors of all time, though he definitely seems to be best in more character actor roles as of now. He kills it in everything he's in.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was pretty good.

I like how there's all these in-depth posts from people who enjoyed it, and brief drive-by's from people calling it shitty and pointless.

A great fucking swansong for Jesse and even the ancillary characters. All appearances made sense and added depth to the characters, especially Skinny Pete with Badger, even Old Joe. In fact, everyone was great and excelled in their own character moments. The nazis fucking with Jesse, Todd singing and his psychopathy, the snowglobe and tarantula, and the bodyguard from Better Call Saul were some of favorite nods. If this story needed to be told or whatever who cares, it was a gift for me and I loved it. Take my money, bitch.

There was nothing uneventful here, it was survival for Jesse. It played exactly like the show pace-wise, character-wise Jesse being cocky and fucking up and the fucking tension, so many times, I caught myself not breathing a few times.
It was incredibly satisfying and heartfelt, and what people would call safe or predictable I would call it the logical and methodical final escape attempt for Jesse. The visceral and emotional comes everything he lost and now recalls, trying to regain some humanity.
Was the big dude with the women the security guard you're talking about from Better Call Saul? I'm not caught up on the show.

Last edited:

Eden

Nov 15, 2017
I don't think it needed to be made but I did enjoy it quite a bit so I'm not complaining. I can't get enough of Todd.

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Easy to ignore anyone that said it sucked. It didn't. It was damn good. Not great, but really damn good.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
It did feel like a long episode of the show, and that's great, because the show was great.

I mean I missed Walt, but the fact that Jesse alone could carry a double-length story speaks volumes.

Jesse Plemmons is amazing, and frightening.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It was good, but kind of anticlimactic. they bamboozled us with some of the shots from the trailer.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So as someone who doesnt remember what happened to Jessie, like at all, will I be able to just jump right in to this or should I watch a recap lol?

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Is that Marv from Die Hard 2?
Yeah, it took me a bit to place him, but that's him. I'm actually a little amazed he's still around. Seemed pretty good, just that he seemed to be in his 40's or 50's in Die Hard 2, and that movies like 30+ years old now.

Was the big dude with the women the security guard you're talking about from Better Call Saul? I'm not caught up on the show.

Yep.

Think the thing that stood out to me the most, was the absolute brotherhood that Skinny Pete and Badger have with Jesse. Wish they had more scenes together.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I haven't watched this yet, but tbh even though I really liked Breaking Bad I sort of got tired of Jesse's arc where so much unfortunate stuff befalls him all the time.

I really liked the show while it was on but I've been puzzled by the existence of this film since it was announced. Does it feel repetitious of stuff already dealt with in the series or does it feel like this new chapter is "earned", or however you might call it?

(Maybe put in spoilers)

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This movie is way better than I expected it to be. I am not even a big fan of the show. Aaron Paul just really sold the role of a man suffering from dire PTSD just trying to figure out what to do next. The cinematography is also next level.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it okay to watch this if I haven't seen all of Better Call Saul yet (I missed the last season)? Does it tie heavily into that series or is it mostly a tie into BB?

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Is it okay to watch this if I haven't seen all of Better Call Saul yet (I missed the last season)? Does it tie heavily into that series or is it mostly a tie into BB?
The only little bit that I could tell from BCS, was 1 incredibly bit character from BCS reappears in a barely larger role in this. But the connection can basically be an easter egg, as he barely does anything (again) in the movie.