• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Jesse get a happy ending?

• Yes

Votes: 231 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 248 51.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Really liked it, and satisfied with how everyone was brought back. Liked the last little bit of dimension given to
the vacuum man

also
it was nice to see Walt in his gentler chemo self, rather than the massive bastard version he became in the last few years with the goatee

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I enjoyed it, but holy shit Toddie the Body's significant weight gain really took me out of the story. I just rewatched the final episode and it's really night and day.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I need to stop hanging out in this damn thread before I watch this.

Why the fuck am I doing this. Unwatching til I see it, fuck it, I'm being dumb.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Jesus Christ Era, Todd is even more a psychopath then before. It is great how El Camino is giving all the characters more depth. Had some tense moments. However, it falls flat next to Breaking Bad's best moments/ episodes. Yet, time flew by and I really enjoyed revisiting ABQ and the cast. It is a nice addition and seeing Jesse getting redemption touched me in a way cause it is was he deserves after all, if you ask me.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ Era, Todd is even more a psychopath then before. It is great how El Camino is giving all the characters more depth. Had some tense moments. However, it falls flat next to Breaking Bad's best moments/ episodes. Yet, time flew by and I really enjoyed revisiting ABQ and the cast. It is a nice addition and seeing Jesse getting redemption touched me in a way cause it is was he deserves after all, if you ask me.

love that it even added a dimension to how Todd died

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017

I just tried, lol

ltKbWLp.png

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Just finished it, while the film was not completely necessary, i'm glad it was made. Very good overall, though I kinda wish that
Jesse could've got out completely without having to kill anyone else, for his sake.

Last edited:

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just finished it, while the film was completely necessary, i'm glad it was made. Very good overall, though I kinda wish that
Jesse could've got out completely without having to kill anyone else, for his sake.

For a moment I thought it was going to be a pacifist run as well. Then the moment the mexican standoff was announced, I remembered the second gun he found. So fucking satisfying though.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
kinda boring honestly, wish we got more narratively - felt more like a setup to a Jesse spinoff

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
That was great. It was nice to take another peak into that world in the aftermath. I'm glad it was a sequel. I think it was a great end.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really pleased with this film. Not very plot heavy but it was a nice chance to revisit a great series. Good mix of hilarious moments and tense moments that Breaking Bad has always done masterfully. It's also just a gorgeous film in general.

I'm so happy that Jesse gets a confirmed happy ending. That man has suffered so much, he deserves to take off into the sunset and start anew.

Also I wish I had friends that were as good as Skinny Pete and Badger.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
"You're really lucky, you know that? You didn't have to wait your whole life to do something special."

Those lines being said so pensively yet matter of factly and then you think about all he's been through, with there being such a vast emptiness at the end... yea I got a bit misty. Poor Jesse, was a proper farewell

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Really pleased with this film. Not very plot heavy but it was a nice chance to revisit a great series. Good mix of hilarious moments and tense moments that Breaking Bad has always done masterfully. It's also just a gorgeous film in general.

I'm so happy that Jesse gets a confirmed happy ending. That man has suffered so much, he deserves to take off into the sunset and start anew.

Also I wish I had friends that were as good as Skinny Pete and Badger.
I think it's interesting that we never saw his friends get questioned in the actual film. Just the teasers.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved it. I loved the finale of the original series, but I think this gives it a really nice send off/closure whereas the original still had a bunch of what ifs. It did take a while for me to get a feel for it though. I'm so accustomed to seeing Breaking Bad & Saul through ad breaks that it felt weird to just be sitting there watching it roll on from scene to scene.

Jesus christ Todd is fucking insane. That dude is just beyond fucked up. The Jesse slave scenes were just so awful.

Love the Skinny Pete and Badger were bros til the end. Surprised that Pete courtroom scene in the previews wasn't in here.

Fantastic scene with Walt in the diner. Also, the shootout was great.

Happy we got this. Happy we got to see Jesse again. Now bring on Saul.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Thought it was alright, better ending for the series then were the TV show ended and adds a little something to a few more characters. But a bit slow and uneventful for most of it.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I loved it.
Fat Todd and all the other cast members showing up was so great to see.

Dec 31, 2017
Loved being back in this world again.

Loved the scene with Walt - really took me back.

Overall a fun little ride. It was never going to match Breaking Bad, because that took years to develop. But it is a nice farewell to Jesse after all he's been through.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It was about as good as a mid-tier episode of Breaking Bad. At no point did I feel like it was a story that needed to be told but I'm still glad they told it.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think my expectations were way too high. It's obviously a good movie and I'm happy Jessie got a proper ending but I would have preferred a new season of BCS over this. I don't think it was worth potentially hurting the production of that show.

I'm also happy it wasn't really fanservice-y. Meaning all the appearances made sense.

Oct 27, 2017
I think my expectations were way too high. It's obviously a good movie and I'm happy Jessie got a proper ending but I would have preferred a new season of BCS over this. I don't think it was worth potentially hurting the production of that show.

That new season of BCS is still coming, I'm not sure how this would have hurt it's production? It had a really long wait between season 3 and 4 it felt like as well, I think that's due to the cast being in general busy with Odenkirk, Banks and Esposito in particular having a regular stream of other offers.