• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
World Renowned Egyptologist and former Minister of Antiquities Zahi Hawass has revealed he is leading excavations beside the temple of Mina Habu in Luxor, and will announce a major discovery next month.

In an interview with Daily News Egypt, Hawass said that he is now currently working in the western part of the Valley of the Kings to find the tomb of the Ancient Egyptian Queen Nefertiti. This is running alongside additional work at the tomb of the Pharaoh Ramses II, also in Luxor.

He highlighted that the discovery of Queen Nefertiti's tomb will be the greatest discovery of the 21st Century.

Daily News Egypt

Could Nefertiti's final resting place finally have been discovered?

nefertiti-queen-bust.jpg

Last edited:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They're going to reveal we have it right with the slot machines.

luxor-high-limit-room.jpg

For real though, I don't think this is it. Every time they think they've found someone's tomb, it's always something slightly related. They might be close, but no cigar.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Historically, they never seem to find what they're actually looking for. So it'll be something neat, but it won't be Nefertiti's tomb.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I see more announcements for announcements than actual announcements these days.

edit: Oh, and it is clearly going to be Hawkman related. Gotta start that Black Adam hype campaign.

hawkman.jpg

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I was wondering what he was up to. He was in a TON of documentaries back in the day and his complete absence from stuff I've read and watched over the past few years made me a little worried.

Maybe we'll get lucky and there'll be a great documentary about whatever it is. That Saqqara Tomb doc on Netflix was incredible (and ended with a cliff hanger).

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I was wondering what he was up to. He was in a TON of documentaries back in the day and his complete absence from stuff I've read and watched over the past few years made me a little worried.

Maybe we'll get luck and there'll be a great documentary about whatever it is. That Saqqara Tomb doc on Netflix was incredible (and ended with a cliff hanger).
I watched that just the other day. It is excellent.

ZeroRay

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love it if they found an Old Kingdom sarcophagus.

Edit: just read it was in the Valley of Kings so probably not lol

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
For a moment, I thought they were announcing that they finally found a complete skeleton of Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus.

Proxy-Pie

Apr 3, 2018
Oh look, my profile pic lol.

I don't think it'll be Nefertiti/Neferuneferuaten unforunately, but I hope it's big news either way!

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Finding Alexander the Great's tomb would be huge, but Luxor isn't where i'd expect him to be.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
No updates on this yet, right?
It seems like more discoveries have been made at Saqqara:

The tourism and antiquities ministry said the "major discoveries" made by a team of archaeologists headed by famed Egyptologist Zahi Hawass also included more than 50 sarcophagi.

The wooden sarcophagi, which date back to the New Kingdom, were found in 52 burial shafts at depths of 10 to 12 meters (40 feet), the ministry said in a statement.

It quoted Hawass as saying that the "funerary temple of Queen Naert, the wife of King Teti" as well as three warehouses made of bricks were found on the site.
www.france24.com

Egypt makes 'major discoveries' at Saqqara archaeological site - France 24

Egypt makes 'major discoveries' at Saqqara archaeological site

While not Nefertiti, it's still a signficant discovery along with all the other artifacts uncovered.