• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
pitts.png

https://webcache.googleusercontent....093199813858992128+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

One day, he managed one day. He's since deleted the tweet but Google remembers. Click the link to scroll through some hot ether from Zoe Quinn.

Bonus: this guy runs a mental health charity for the gaming industry.

SoftTaur

Oct 25, 2017
"I can't believe you think a harassment campaign started by your ex to ruin your life is about you."

Damn I wonder why he revived a Gamergate website.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
To be clear, he relaunched the Escapist as a "politics-free" site last July.

Escoe

Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing concerns of harassment and hate movement rhetoric.
I can kind of see his point.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's been a while and I'm forgetting things but I'm getting the sense that whatever is happening with The Escapist here some dumb shit.

Wait. Was it on The Escapist's forums that "cultural marxist" got introduced to the gaming lexicon or am I thinking of somewhere else?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I feel like the OP should have some more context as to the backstory of who this guy is, what exactly the site is that he launched, etc.

I don't really get the thread title or what his history is in regard to GamerGate.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Bob Chipman (Moviebob) returned to the Escapist late last year. He's very much political and on the anti-gamergate train. I wonder if he'll continue to make content for the site.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Really shouldnt be this hard to rebrand a website as not a mouthpiece for a hate movement. It really shouldnt

Edit: tweets below are encouraging, at least.

Edit2: and the replies... you know what, I'm out. Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt because of Chipman but this is just too much

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was a really awful tweet. He apologized for it later the same day:

Edit: Also, Escapist was relaunched months ago. This all happened yesterday.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm sorry, but this would have been so fucking obvious from the start. It concerns the fuck outta me that it took a bunch of other journalists and commenters to call him out to end up taking a deep look into what kind of fuckery he's thinking of when he writes shit like that.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Pitts admit to being an aggressively creepy pick up artist in his own book about his life?

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but this would have been so fucking obvious from the start. It concerns the fuck outta me that it took a bunch of other journalists and commenters to call him out to end up taking a deep look into what kind of fuckery he's thinking of when he writes shit like that.
It sure seems like it should've been obvious.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Not even a basic "don't be an asshole" filter

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
Idk why reviving the escapist was ever a good idea. I could watch zero punctuation and moviebob on youtube (the only 2 things on the site I watch), didn't need a revival of the escapist website.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this exchange from yesterdays thread really sums up his efforts to 'change'

OIQuG27.jpg

4PevpHa.jpg

hetiMgw.jpg

YaR6BcN.jpg

This exchange is pretty telling about his sincerity.

"Aw shuck guys I'm sorry, I sure am a piece of shit, huh? Not that I'm going to do anything about it but aw gee whiz im terrible!"

'change' also known as "side-step & bullshit"

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Im not sure I get the whole context here, I have no knowledge of what the escapist is up to
You know how the Escapist was a GG den and ended up pretty closing its door except for Zero Punctuation?
Well Russ Pitts is trying to relaunch the site, the jury is out on whether or not he really doesn't want to have the GG baggage that goes along with it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm understanding this correct, is Russ Pitts that guy who still says "oops sorry I didn't know" after the tenth time he's been told to stop doing a thing?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017

Edit: Also, Escapist was relaunched months ago.

Deserves to be in the OP, I guess, BUT..

If you are going to dig back into fucking GamerGate of all things and are so taken aback by the heat it brings you that you lash out at the figure that was the absolute origin and easily the largest target then there isn't a big enough "I'm sorry" card in the universe for shitting the bed that hard. It is like sitcom levels of bed shitting.

And that is just trying to be kind to the apology itself. Not even getting into the specifics of the shit heap that was the original article. Fuck, dude.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Deserves to be in the OP, I guess, BUT..

If you are going to dig back into fucking GamerGate of all things and are so taken aback by the heat it brings you that you lash out at the figure that was the absolute origin and easily the largest target then there isn't a big enough "I'm sorry" card in the universe for shitting the bed that hard. It is like sitcom levels of bed shitting.

And that is just trying to be kind to the apology itself. Not even getting into the specifics of the shit heap that was the original article. Fuck, dude.
Nah, he's full of shit

OIQuG27.jpg

4PevpHa.jpg

hetiMgw.jpg

YaR6BcN.jpg

This exchange is pretty telling about his sincerity.

"Aw shuck guys I'm sorry, I sure am a piece of shit, huh? Not that I'm going to do anything about it but aw gee whiz im terrible!"

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A "gamergate-free" website means that the site is anti-gamergate. So the title is wrong, as it is saying the opposite of the reality: The Escapist is now courting gamergaters.