• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
You can't call better. It's more like edgier that VIZ. VIZ is true to the Japanese for me.

M+ doesn't have an account system and you can't even pay for an expired chapter.
So VIZ is better
So, it isn't an issue of edgy-ness for me. It's an issue of "talking like actual human beings." For example, the latest chapter of Chainsaw man Denji saying he was "Living his best life" in the pirated version, while in the Vis version had him saying "He was living a wonderful life." In the context used, the former made much more sense. Also, Vis goes in way to hard with weird fonts.

As far as M+ goes: I dislike having to constantly make accounts for things, so that's not a benefit for Vis for me.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
viz calls it "fire fist pistol red hawk" because in Japanese the characters are pronounced red hawk but read as fire fist pistol, and the double meaning is lost when said out loud or read in english
Again, another issue with Vis; they seem to often be overly literal with their translations.

Sometimes things don't translate perfectly 100%; all you can do is try and figure out what the character would say if they spoke English. Trying Frankienstein the names together just makes just gives you the worst of both world while missing the point.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
I really hate there is no landscape view on either of these apps. I have a big ass phone and want to use the entire screen. I I know viz does 2 page landscape but it makes everything so small and it still doesn't use the whole screen. Thank God I switch buildings at work so I can read them off the websites now. I guess

Mod post - concerning scan groups

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
While this is news that can be discussed, a reminder: naming or linking to scan groups is not allowed.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't heard of manga plus, I tried crunchy rolls manga service but it was way lacking in variety at least at the time. It always felt weird that we have been getting simuldubs and same day releases of subs for years without a serious contender on manga.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't heard of manga plus, I tried crunchy rolls manga service but it was way lacking in variety at least at the time. It always felt weird that we have been getting simuldubs and same day releases of subs for years without a serious contender on manga.

Ironically, there needs to be a company that does for manga translations what Crunchyroll did for anime translations.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

What's sad is that CR's manga has been the lowest priority of their service since their new owners, because I've found a ton of hidden gems with some really unique ideas on it. It runs ok on my Kindle for the most part, but some of their short 5ish volume series have been pretty interesting, along with a few ongoing series.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Ever since MangaPlus came out, it never made sense for these to continue tbh. Appreciate all the work they've done until now without a doubt though.

Same here.

Really appreciate the hard work, specially because as with everything else, in southamerica we didn't have access to the weekly chapters or even the volumes ten years ago.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Ironically, there needs to be a company that does for manga translations what Crunchyroll did for anime translations.

People won't even pay the ridiculously low price of 1.99 per month for the Shonen Jump archives (actually, I have no idea, but it doesn't seem like the service is just doing blockbuster numbers or anything). In fact, they are giving out chapters day and date with the Japanese release and there are still people complaining because they prefer the scans. So I'm not sure how feasible a Crunchyroll for manga would be.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

See here I am thinking that half a year turnaround time on print-licensing stories I've read through the greymarket is the speed of motherfucking light. At least we're getting that shit, anyway.