• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not quite as edgy as THE Edge in name, but Star Ocean 3 had Albel Nox, arguably the edgiest edge lord of the two:

maxresdefault.jpg

Wtf?

Dollar Store Cloud Strife or what am i looking at here?

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Marcus_Fenix.png

Come on guys, you're dissapointing me when Marcus Fenix from Gears of War isn't right right there.

Also I love this era of gaming.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Wtf?

Dollar Store Cloud Strife or what am i looking at here?
With a metal neck collar and a broken chain? A metal claw left arm? A take no prisoners attitude earning him the nickname "Albel the WICKED"? A really long and thin katana?

Soy-boy Cloud Strife ain't got nothin' on this guy! I'll grant you dollar store Sepiroth, though.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
the funniest thing about that email is the signature
i can imagine some fedora kid writing a very angry hate fueled email and then ending with "best regards, #1electroswingfan"

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
I tried very hard to forget this man and now look what you've done 😂😭
To the games' credit I think they managed to make him enjoyable to beat up AND enjoyable to later have in the party with how he contrasted to the rest of the party. I remember the writing riffing on him quite a bit.

As far as edge lords in JRPGs go, I think he's one of the better characters to have around.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Now onto the real question.

Isn't hating/mocking edgy characters the epitome of edginess ? 🤔

You have 4 hours.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
This irritating little dweeb from The World Ends with You:

dweeb4okrx.jpg
I think Neku is unironically one of the best examples of an edgelord considering his whole arc involves deconstructing that deliberately invoked trait and illustrating why living like that is really only doing a disservice to himself.

Helps that the postgame scenario mercilessly (but lovingly) pokes fun at his edgy pre-character development personality too, so you know at least the game staff are kind of in it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing really tops the absurdity of a cartoon hedgehog with a realistic looking handgun.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I get the idea of taunting the player after a loss, I really do.
But dear lord, they really missed the mark with the content of that email.

I mean, that's kindof the point. You aren't supposed to think Kai leng is cool. He fronts like a space ninja but every time he enters a fair fight he gets bodied. in his first appearance he gets his ass kicked by either man on his deathbed, or a geriatric salarian. During the final fight with shepard, shepard even calls him out on how all leng does whenever they meet is run away.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Nothing really tops the absurdity of a cartoon hedgehog with a realistic looking handgun.
Yeah seriously these threads need "... that aren't Shadow the Hedgehog" added to them because I just end up staring at Shadow unable to come to terms with what I'm looking at.

I love the moniker Edgehog by the way, surprised I haven't read it before this thread.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I mean, that's kindof the point. You aren't supposed to think Kai leng is cool. He fronts like a space ninja but every time he enters a fair fight he gets bodied. in his first appearance he gets his ass kicked by either man on his deathbed, or a geriatric salarian. During the final fight with shepard, shepard even calls him out on how all leng does whenever they meet is run away.

The developers definitely thought he was super cool.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
If that was the intention, it wasn't properly written, because it comes out as if the devs really thought Kai Leng was a badass.
Also, lines like "the Legend of Shepard" are too off-putting on a sci fi game, this ain't Dragon Age.

Last edited:

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
It looks like any fella who's into Disturbed.

Yes. Or at least we all kinda looked like that back then (I used a goatee and sideburns though, I've always hated the soul patch).

Now we mostly look like papa Marcus Fenix.

IMG_6288.jpg

We are all grumpy because our backs hurt. All of our back hurts. Literally. Must be the mosh pits.