• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 2, 2017
J216dW5.jpg

- Team Cherry's next game will not be Hollow Knight related
- Team Cherry like Castlevania Lords of Shadow!
- Hornet will have the ability to perform tasks for NPC's, keep track of tasks you've completed through noticeboards around Pharloom.
- Not replacing organic quest lines from the first Hollow Knight.
- Instead of rescuing Grub's from jars, now you rescue fleas, that get themselves into little scraps.
- Hornet's Crests are fully customisable, can be easily changed to reflect your play style.
- Trying to create a game that's accessible to new players, but also matches the difficulty of the original game.
- 'Tricks' such as Sting Shards, Pimpillo Bombs, straight pins, can be crafted at benches from shards gathered from defeated enemies.
- The objective of the game is to climb to the Citadel, but there will be 'many other lands'
- Hollow Knight composer Christopher Larkin returns
- Start off the game having lost many of your powers
- PC and Switch only at launch, release date TBA.

The magazine has a lot of great screenshots and artwork as well.

Last edited:

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
The original Hollow Knight was one of my most favourite gaming experiences so looking forward to this

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really good stuff in there. I can't wait to get my hands on this and see how Hornet controls and I'm really happy that Larkin is back. The original is easily one of the best games I've played this generation. I love the world but I wanted to see what else they could do, Silksong sounds like the perfect middle ground for me. Even more excited for what they're doing next.

- Team Cherry like Castlevania Lords of Shadow!

lmao that's random

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's cool that their next game will move away from Hollow Knight.

I love Hollow Knight and can't wait for Silksong, but it will be cool to see what they make next as well

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Based Team Cherry. Lords of Shadow is a really underappreciated game.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Might have to go pick up a copy of Edge just for this. Hollow Knight is hands down one of the GOATs

EDIT: Also The Knight or Hornet for Smash, please.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only now playing the first one, and it's amazing if sometimes maddening. I'll look forward to this once it [hopefully] hits PS5.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like some cut content from HK will be in Silksong, just saw a pic of Hornet in the Forest of Bones

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Shame they're taking the same route as Ori, in that the follow up now has crafting and quest lines and undoubtedly many different map markers that feels unnecessary busy work for this kind of game and takes me out of the immersion. Like Ori and the Will of the Wisps though, I'm sure this game will still be absolutely great.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I like Lords of the Fallen as well lol. So in for this! The first was a real treat.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It took me a few tries to click with the original and I wouldn't say I really loved it, but I'm definitely looking forward to this. I hope that making it more accessible leads to some map changes, at least. Don't know if it's a controversial opinion at this point or not, but I didn't like the map system of the original.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
It took me a few tries to click with the original and I wouldn't say I really loved it, but I'm definitely looking forward to this. I hope that making it more accessible leads to some map changes, at least. Don't know if it's a controversial opinion at this point or not, but I didn't like the map system of the original.

The map system is neat in theory, but I put the game down for a few days and felt hopelessly lost when I came back to it, which was a major enjoyment killer for me.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The map system is neat in theory, but I put the game down for a few days and felt hopelessly lost when I came back to it, which was a major enjoyment killer for me.

Yeah, agreed. I tend to drop games for a bit according to mood and return to them days or even weeks later, and HK was... definitely not suited for that, haha. Which is unfortunate, because it's long and fairly hard, so it's 100% something I'd feel the need to distance myself from occasionally.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Lords of Shadow as something of an inspiration point is actually quite interesting, one of the issues some bring up with the original hollow knight is the samey tone to the environments, Lords of Shadow for all its faults meanwhile is a game that nails the idea of a vast journey across varied locales.
It's midgame castle section is also quite vertical ascent focused.

Makes me wonder if environments in silksong are going to get further distinct beyond our current look at the already more visually popping areas, just don't make me wade through a bog here.

Embrodak

Oct 30, 2017
Was this Always going to be Switch and PC first? Was looking forward to playing it on PS5. I do have a switch but prefer PS for mulitplats.

Fake edit: wow, just found out the original also was released quite a bit later on consoles, guess we're lucky to get a Switch version this early.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Was this Always going to be Switch and PC first? Was looking forward to playing it on PS5. I do have a switch but prefer PS for mulitplats.

Fake edit: wow, just found out the original also was released quite a bit later on consoles, guess we're lucky to get a Switch version this early.

It was always going to be PC and NSW.

The original Hollow Knight was PC only then NSW and after that the Xbox/PS4 versions were released

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Yeah, agreed. I tend to drop games for a bit according to mood and return to them days or even weeks later, and HK was... definitely not suited for that, haha. Which is unfortunate, because it's long and fairly hard, so it's 100% something I'd feel the need to distance myself from occasionally.
, I have this notion that Metroidvanias aren't particularly suited to being dropped and returned to like this.

Perhaps I'm just misled by my experience, but I was playing Metroid Prime 2 on the Wii and got to Sanctuary fortress, before putting the game on hold for over a year due to getting a shiny new Switch. When I tried to return, I was so utterly lost and confused as to what I was supposed to do, that I thought I would rather start from scratch again in the then rumored Switch port (which has yet to materialize).

Granted, this might be due to the way I had last saved the game (all the way back at Samus' ship), so that one might be entirely on me and how I chose to play the game.