• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
How is Edge magazine as a whole? They probably have an iPad app, right? Worth subscribing? If I subscribe do I get any access to some back issues?

It's a fantastic mag still last I checked. I wish i still had my #1

the ipad app used to be really swish and lovely looking, but it changed to just being a pdf. Dunno if they ever went back to the fancier kind

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is this the issue where they give ffviir a 7?

vVkoPPU.gif

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Really just hope the social media guy fucked up and uploaded the wrong pic, some junk he had on his desktop but it's generating more buzz than had they posted the normal cover, so they're just like... go with it man.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Are people actually thinking just this red page will be the cover? I just assume it's a placeholder because they don't want to reveal what the cover game is until it actually ships lol. It being red doesn't seem relevant

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
How is Edge magazine as a whole? They probably have an iPad app, right? Worth subscribing? If I subscribe do I get any access to some back issues?

It's a brilliant magazine, but the issue that is available now is just phenomenal

Are people actually thinking just this red page will be the cover? I just assume it's a placeholder because they don't want to reveal what the cover game is until it actually ships lol. It being red doesn't seem relevant

It's Edge, the colour will be relevant and purposeful

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
twitter.com

Zalman on Twitter

“Technological leaps between generations are facing diminishing returns. We're at a point where I personally can't get excited about graphics anymore. "Next-gen optimized" or not, me buying a new console depends solely on one thing: Games I won't be able to play otherwise.”

Strongly disagree with this; I mean there's a point there for sure, but I feel like it's wayy too early of a take to make based off of the fact that we still haven't actually seen next gen games and we probably won't till mid 2022 when everything moves over (ala Ps4/X1)

I guess it's a testament to how things have been marketed so far that we even see people talking about it like that

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
If May 21st is when #346 goes on sale in newsagents then wouldn't subscribers get copies next week? So we should hear something or get an announcement before then?
They've held back subscriber issues before when they've had embargoed reveals (Playdate was one that I remember). If it's something big, we'll likely have to wait until the 21st at the earliest.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My mind jumped to the Batman game with that tag line, "The next generation rises". Bane quotes are eternal.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
They've held back subscriber issues before when they've had embargoed reveals (Playdate was one that I remember). If it's something big, we'll likely have to wait until the 21st at the earliest.

They really do this? To be fair it has been a long time since I bought/subbed a game magazine so I'm out of the loop here.

I still think if the issue is a PS5 HW reveal then we'll hear something from Sony beforehand.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
They really do this? To be fair it has been a long time since I bought/subbed a game magazine so I'm out of the loop here.

I still think if the issue is a PS5 HW reveal then we'll hear something from Sony beforehand.
Yeah, happened a few times over the past couple of years or so.

I don't think it'll be as big as that (though who knows with what we've seen from next gen PR) but we'll see if it's embargo worthy within the next week if we don't get a thread with the latest reviews.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Yeah, happened a few times over the past couple of years or so.

I don't think it'll be as big as that (though who knows with what we've seen from next gen PR) but we'll see if it's embargo worthy within the next week if we don't get a thread with the latest reviews.

Interesting. At least we only have to wait about a week to see if it is something or nothing.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
twitter.com

Zalman on Twitter

“Technological leaps between generations are facing diminishing returns. We're at a point where I personally can't get excited about graphics anymore. "Next-gen optimized" or not, me buying a new console depends solely on one thing: Games I won't be able to play otherwise.”

Strongly disagree with this; I mean there's a point there for sure, but I feel like it's wayy too early of a take to make based off of the fact that we still haven't actually seen next gen games and we probably won't till mid 2022 when everything moves over (ala Ps4/X1)

I guess it's a testament to how things have been marketed so far that we even see people talking about it like that
I agree with that tweet. Perfect example of that right now is VR. I don't think I can wait for PSVR 2.

Better graphics happens every gen. I wanna see games, game design that couldn't be possible without an SSD.

Even ray tracing. If it can be used as a gameplay mechanic, I wanna see that. I think we expect to see better graphics. I can understand not being excited about that. I'm not either, or as much. I'm way more interested in the QoL features of these consoles. Especially because I know the amazing looking games will come.

And I think we will see some amazing next gen only games before 2022.