• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beuntje

Oct 29, 2017
Hope I get the previous issue (#345) until then, lol.
Didn't receive mine yet either. Was promised free access to the digital issue three weeks ago, got nothing, contacted customer service but they are so slow or not answering at all… Really frustrated with their (lack of) customer service and communication, a disgrace.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
JUST SHOW ME BIOSHOCK 4 FOOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
35xV.gif

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have to imagine that's the background of whatever will be shown, the different shade of red on the left seems perfectly poised to feature the magazine's other headlines.

So it'd be something that's complimentary with red, rather than red itself, so yeah probably the PS5.

Which I assume would mean we'd need to see the PS5 within a week?

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
If May 21st is when #346 goes on sale in newsagents then wouldn't subscribers get copies next week? So we should hear something or get an announcement before then?

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
How is Edge magazine as a whole? They probably have an iPad app, right? Worth subscribing? If I subscribe do I get any access to some back issues?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 3 confirmed as launch title!

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm crazy but kinda looks like the PS4 texture... Glossy then matte.

vWqd00R.png

Probably just something my brain goes to.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
This literally could be anything.
Man, I feel like the show this morning was a miss ... and now the internet is trying to create a hit show of its own in its stead so there is something to be genuinely excited about again.

Oct 27, 2017

Cerny really focused on giving the devs exactly what they wanted: a super fast SSD + a hardware-accelerated I/O Pipeline. These things paired with a much, much more capable CPU, a dedicated 3d audio processing unit, and a high-end ray-tracing-capable efficient GPU will lead to new game design, gameplay, and QoL possibilities. We are going to have to see games that are designed specifically for the capabilities of the system to see these changes in action. Cross-gen games are not going to showcase these new possibilities.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
The brighter red color is interestingly very close to what Nintendo uses for its branding.

Bright red color in use by Edge:

edge_redadj24.png

RGB (226, 0, 20)
#e20014

Bright red color in use by Nintendo:

edge_nintendo5gjar.png

RGB (230, 0, 18
#e60012

I don't think it has any significance however, although I find it curious. Almost as if someone had done it deliberately.

Oct 24, 2019
Forward towards what though? That's the key.

SSD that enables faster loading (game design won't need to factor in loading screens, forced walking sections, tunnel crawls, etc. nearly as much if at all)

3D audio

Increased haptic feedback through the controllers

Stuff like that which are hard to advertise through screenshots, but will make a world of difference when you're actually playing