• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I haven't seen a thread on this. From the latest issue of EDGE: LEGO has set up a brand new internal dev studio, called Light Brick Studios. The team includes folks who worked on Youropa and Hitman, amongst others.

The first game from them is called Builder's Journey and looks closer to something like Monument Valley than the Traveller's Tales fare. It's a mobile game coming to Apple Arcade "in the very near future".

It's nice to see LEGO continue to diversify their game output.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Hope they get to make a Lego racers kind of game. Loved the first one

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Is that a riff on Nvidia's Light Speed Studios naming? Or some other reference I'm not getting.

Nowadays some Lego kits come with bricks with LEDs in them. Not sure if they're officially called Light Bricks, but it's probably the connection

s-l300.jpg

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I really want a LEGO city-building game.
They can capitalize on all of the licenses they have and sell them as DLCs, but I guess they don't want people to stop buying the brick sets.

MrPablington

Oct 27, 2017
Intended bump. The game is a super relaxing puzzle game that makes me reminisce of Toads Treasure tracker and Monument Valley

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Builder's Journey looks amazing. It's cool to see Lego broadening they scope for what a lego game can be.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
A Lego MMO based around building and working together could be amazing.

We had Lego World's, an Minecraft style game with Lego including multiplayer aspect. You would think this is a match made in heaven and based on the nature of Lego alone should be a top success and a pillar for generations to come.

But nope, it's dead now. For whatever crazy reason, it didn't worked out and so wouldn't anything else, specially not a MMO which would only feel like a Lego World's super light.