• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel sorry for those people then.

All I can say is with attitudes like this the meme that I've seen parroted on this site and others that only Nintendo fans have a hubris about their favourite games is well and truly dead. Imagine being this petty about liking video games.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As usual they live up to their name.

hN2iK7pI.jpeg

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's generally how it works :)

I do find it funny you of all people want to try to pull that card considering your comments on Edge.

And especially when it's the GOW people that are the ones throwing around "people can be wrong" over it.
It varies depending on what thread your in. Wander into one of the many God of War GOTY threads and you sure see a different group of fans saying "people can be wrong."

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
Best of PS/Xbox only includes exclusives. RDR is multiplatform
Shouldn't be a factor. It should be the top games released in 2018 on the platform. It's classic 'book-keeping' of trying to include as many titles as possible. If they think RDR2 is the best game of 2018 it ought to be the best PS4 and Xbox 1 game. Might as well do Top US, Europe, Asia developed games to keep even more people 'happy'.

Yes, it's boring for one game to top all your categories but that's the nature of 'best of' awards. It ought to be dominated by few games. All of these manufactured stipulations trying to 'appease' as much people as possible are silly.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
How does this work, eh?

PlayStation GOTY:
  1. Tetris Effect
  2. Astro Bot
VR GOTY:
  1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  2. Tetris Effect

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
How does this work, eh?

PlayStation GOTY:
  1. Tetris Effect
  2. Astro Bot
VR GOTY:
  1. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
  2. Tetris Effect

Tetris Effect is higher than Astro Bot on my GOTY list but I would say Astro Bot is a much better VR game. I personally prefer playing Tetris Effect on my TV.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
How on Earth is RDR2 game of the year when it's not even in the top 3 of PlayStation games??? Shouldn't it be Tetris Effect? Unbelievable.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Best Studio:
  1. Epic Games
giphy.webp

How does this make sense with the rest of their winners?

Aegus

Oct 29, 2017
People really get upset that other people list things in a different order. It's not rocket science to think that people have different opinions and maybe it's actually good that different games are being highlighted.

This doesn't happen as much with other media either.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Nothing. It scored well enough at the time, but it's a hugely overrated game. Tetris Effect is a much more impressive title.
Saying it's an overrated game is your opinion and I wouldn't begin with 9.2 user score on metacritic, wining 57 goty and etc
Even if Tetris Effect is better than it, God of War deserved to be on top 10

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Saying it's an overrated game is your opinion and I wouldn't begin with 9.2 user score on metacritic, wining 57 goty and etc

1) you didnt make god of war, you only purchased a copy - no need to feel so proud of it's success

2) nothing deserves anything here, these are opinions of some humans about some game

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why? it got an 8/10.

I played it and when I finished it I felt like it was an 8/10 as well.

So why should it deserve it? Hell winning awards etc isn't even an objective measure of quality in the entertainment industry.

I supported their teams for decades and I deserve to feel proud for their success.
My favorite developer is Obsidian, I've supported pretty much every one of their releases. I'm always happy when one of their releases does well. I'm not proud because I didn't make the game lol. "deserve to feel proud".

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
GOD of war is one of the best games I've played in a long time. I'm shocked they didn't think as much of it than say... Red Dead which has far more glaring issues to me as a game. I just didn't enjoy playing Red Dead all that much as a game but I loved the story.

I'm not gonna rage on the scores because I don't do that and EDGE usually score on 5 being the average but to not include it in the top 10 games of the year is frankly not in line with anyone else's opinion. Everyone has an opinion though I guess.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Do you honestly think every publications GOTY list should just be a list of the top ten Metacritic scores games? Do you think that'd be at all good?

It's not a popularity list. It's the games they liked best.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
For a start unless you have a personal connection to the game/team I'm not sure why you would feel proud for their success, even so why do you need Edge to validate your feelings?
I'm not saying their list is validating anything, i'm just saying God of War deserved to be on their top 10.
Someone says it's an overrated game and i'm saying it deserved to be on their top 10.
It's my opinion.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying their list is validating anything, i'm just saying God of War deserved to be on their top 10.
Why does it deserve to be in THEIR top 10 when it literally wasn't one of the top 10 games of the year they enjoyed?

I enjoyed it well enough but honestly I haven't played every game on every top 10 list, and I could easily see it getting pushed out.