• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
EDF6 Site

Pictures
gallery1.jpg

gallery3.jpg

gallery4.jpg

World Brothers Site (PS4/Switch)

World Brothers Pictures:
map_left.jpg

map_right.jpg

edf_photo1.png

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't really played an EDF game since 2017, but I'm at least excited to see the blocky World Brothers game.
I'm hoping the enemies explode like old school space invaders or something when they die.
Honestly, I really like that artstyle for EDF. The realistic graphics for the last 3 or 4 mainline EDF games has gotten a bit stale for me.

I've had EDF 5 on my Steam wishlist for ages, but it never seems to get sales, at least sales big enough for me to pull the trigger on it.

Last edited:

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To save our mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces, we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For actual info on each game:

www.gematsu.com

Earth Defense Force 6 announced

D3 Publisher and developer Sandlot have announced Earth Defense Force 6. It will launch in 2021 in Japan. Platforms were not announced, but PlayStation Blog Japan covered the announcement.

www.gematsu.com

Earth Defense Force: World Brothers announced for PS4, Switch

D3 Publisher and developer Yuke’s have announced Earth Defense Force: World Brothers for PlayStation 4 and Switch. It will launch in 2020 in Japan.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very curious to see how the hell they're going to do EDF 6 with only 10% of the human population. Sounds like it might just be the colonists left and no more aliens but we'll see.

World Brothers looks cool at least.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I'm very curious to see how the hell they're going to do EDF 6 with only 10% of the human population. Sounds like it might just be the colonists left and no more aliens but we'll see.

World Brothers looks cool at least.
TBH, I don't think there's much of a canon, or continuous timeline between the games. EDF 6's story may just be its own thing. Still, if you come into EDF expecting story and graphics, then you're doing it wrong :p

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
TBH, I don't think there's much of a canon, or continuous timeline between the games. EDF 6's story may just be its own thing. Still, if you come into EDF expecting story and graphics, then you're doing it wrong :p
While it's not exactly a thing at the forefront for this series, it's always such that there are two EDF main games that start and then wrap up their own storylines.

EDF1 -> EDF2
EDF3 (2017) -> EDF4 (2025/4.1)
And now,
EDF5 -> EDF6

There's always small lore tidbits that connect each duo of games (ex. like how Storm-1 was your PC from EDF3, who gets referenced as a legend in EDF4), and this one even continues on from the last game left off with a faction of the Invading forces left behind after their main battalion retreated.

And if this game, being a continuation, is anything like its previous counterparts, things are only going to get worse for humanity by the time the Aliens come back and fuck up everybody's for round 2.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
If World Brothers can keep the gameplay the same and the enemy count high I think I'm really going to like it.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Damn it, I was hoping for a portable EDF, but not with that aesthetic. I guess it can't be helped with the number of enemies on the screen.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017

It's on the Gematsu page that this is a direct continuation.

It's true though, shouldn't expect much coherence from the story lol.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
For actual info on each game:

www.gematsu.com

Earth Defense Force 6 announced

D3 Publisher and developer Sandlot have announced Earth Defense Force 6. It will launch in 2021 in Japan. Platforms were not announced, but PlayStation Blog Japan covered the announcement.

www.gematsu.com

Earth Defense Force: World Brothers announced for PS4, Switch

D3 Publisher and developer Yuke’s have announced Earth Defense Force: World Brothers for PlayStation 4 and Switch. It will launch in 2020 in Japan.
Oh cool! In World Brothers you go into missions with a squad of 4 people you can swap between.

I rarely ever play EDF games with more than one class, so this will be a great way of trying them out without having to start new games.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
EDF 6, PS5 killer title.

I can't freaking wait :)

Other one looks interesting... not sure what to think about it but if its EDF I typically buy it so..

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
That frog that is actually a human being because it has 2 eyes just like us is so brown when they were green before is odd, feels like it's straight from PS3 UE3 era with the one tone color problem back then.

I hope it's not so brown through and through.