• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BROTHER NUMPSAY HAS FORGIVEN ME!

After Beverly Hills Cop I think this is my favourite Eddie Murphy flick. Underrated as heck!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Great film, still remember bits in flashes here and there. Great to see them together again.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Why is no one else remembering the monkey-chain-guy? It's been years, but as a kid, I was horrified by the fact that I couldn't tell how much of the monkey was the actor, and how much was acting. I have not Googled as an adult for fear of what I might learn.

I'm so happy that others remember BROTHER NUMPSAY

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the airport arrival sequence interaction between Dance and Murphy was brilliant :)

Oct 27, 2017
"Just shut up and paddle"
"Yeah ima paddle alright,ima paddle your ass when I find you,ima use this row,ima row yo ass,shit"

BimmyLee

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, this movie is due for a rewatch for me. Used to watch it all the time as a kid, but haven't seen it now in years.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Someone once said that no movie was "saved" as hard as Eddie Murphy saved The Golden Child.

He's there taking the piss out of everything he sees and everything everyone else does. It's like he stumbled onto the set, was told what was happening, and then just ad-libbed his reaction.

He's looking pretty happy and healthy in that image too. Glad to see it.

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm look king for Tom mi Tong! Bring Tommy out here or Ima bust yo ass!"

"Yak loin,good to keep the yang up"
"Ain't nothin wrong with my yang"

Last edited:

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
There was a period of time when I was little that I watched this movie so much. I saw it a few years ago and still really liked it.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017

This part always got me. Something about the way he says "Imma bust yo ass".

I just love the youthful arrogance of Eddie Murphy in his 80's movies. He was like a super hero.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'll be yet another poster saying how much I love that movie and holy FUCK she was a girl whaaaaaaat???!

I grew up on the French dub lol. So I'm gonna share quotes too but only Quebec/France Era will get it

(Whispers) "Non merci.... :) c'est dégueu.... :)"

"Mon frère Moussepipi m'a pardonné!"

"T'aurais pas vu un vieux Ă  poil se promener avec un billet de 100 dollars...?"

"Seul un homme dont le cœur est pur peut manier la dague... et seul un homme qui a le cul étroit peut descendre cet escalier, et comme j'ai les fesses adéquates, j'ai le droit de la manier!"

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know im pretty sure ive seen this movie as a kid, reading the name and seeing the screenshot reignited memories in me

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Charles dance was so memorable to me in this movie that from there own any movie with him I saw was, "hey is the demon guy from Golden Child"