• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Here's Eddie talking a bit about his history, Dolemite is My Name, old characters/sketches he would like to revisit when he hosts SNL, and some random trivia.

What's interesting for me is how...aware/accepting (if that's the word) he is of how the world has changed during his time away from stand-up. I'm really interested in how he would approach a set today. And how audiences would respond to it.

KTC

Dec 7, 2017
UK
Eddie Murphy having a party with those comedians sounds insane

Also ventriloquist dummies? Amazing haha

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Man listening to this, I absolutely cannot wait for him to do stand up again. More so, I really cannot wait for the Coming to America sequel despite the huge time gap, its kinda fitting actually when you think about it. New York of the 80s was still the same New York of the 60s that Eddie Murphy and my parents grew up in and the citiy's changed so much since then, so its that rare 30 years later sequel that can work on many levels, including the King coming back to find an entirely new beast that he has to rediscover.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was his interview with Seinfeld where he said simply he didn't want to go out on something not funny. I can respect that.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, it's sorta comforting to see him out and about, looking good, and engaging with audiences again.

Also, this gives me an excuse to watch Bowfinger again.