• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Remember over a year ago just as they were finishing MK11 Boon did tweet about potentially doing Marvel vs DC

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Boon is a troll who feeds people. He could have heard those rumors and is now fucking with people out of boredom. He's been doing this for ages. NRS, who is owned by WB's is not going to make a Marvel fighting game.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to live a life of pain and misery as you're unable to let go of a couple of good fighting games, then yeah, you can totally keep holding on to the hope that MvC4 will happen someday.

Anyway, while Marvel vs. DC would obviously be the best case scenario for this and would make a shitload of cash for all parties involved if done right, I highly doubt it'd actually happen due to all the bullshit that'd be involved as all parties try to arrange everything just right so they don't look weaker than the other brand. It'd be like those horror stories from people working on Roger Rabbit in the 80s where suits were coming in to ensure that Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny were on camera for the exact same amount of time, or the Fast & Furious movies where they were constantly arguing about fight scenes because Vin Diesel doesn't want to look weaker than The Rock and vice-versa.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be vs DC, which I can see.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After the trolling he did with Rain I won't trust a damn word out of his mouth.

But like someone else said, sounds like he's just watching IW.`

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Well the arcade1up cabinet showed the relationship between Capcom and Marvel isn't terrible at least. My heart tells me they need to try again with Capcom and get an actual fucking decent budget next time.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
NR making Marvel vs DC would be dope

That being said if they gave marvel the treatment they give Injustice and MK in the story department is be hype.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
I'd love to see NRS work with Marvel properties, but Ed is definitely trolling here. I mean the guy is notoriously known for doing so, it's quite obvious.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The true solution
618B4GH055L._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
So, why is this entire thread mostly just people completely against the idea of NetherRealm doing a Marvel fighting game exactly? As I'm bit confused here.

Nov 25, 2018
So, why is this entire thread mostly just people completely against the idea of NetherRealm doing a Marvel fighting game exactly? As I'm bit confused here.
Personally I just don't like how any NRS fighting game plays. It's a shame because their games are probably the best fighters on the market in terms of what they offer and they even have functioning netcode.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Because it's illegal for any member of the FGC to enjoy a game that has good presentation AND good netcode. You have to choose only one.

Last edited:

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
For ppl who say WB won't make a Marvel game, am sure last year in Gameinformer, Ed confirmed that there were talks Between them and Marvel at one point but he couldn't say more.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
For ppl who say WB won't make a Marvel game, am sure last year in Gameinformer, Ed confirmed that there were talks Between them and Marvel at one point but he couldn't say more.

Exactly. I don't get it why people are quick to discredit the idea that WB might be making a Marvel fighting game. Ed Boon literally told us in an interview he had talks with Marvel about a game already. Like, what is difficult to understand about it being possible?

16:12.